Ray Longo: "Cerrone just froze up and displayed zero fight IQ"

I dunno. Even rewatching it, thing looks funny.

That's what happens when you put an elite fighter against a guy who, at this stage in his career, will never contend for a title. It was a showcase for Conor. Period.

Cerrone always Chokes on The biggest fights

I believe Cerrone had an agreement with Dana to keep it standing at all costs. That's the most suspicious thing in the whole fight. How he didn't complete the takedown Conor served him on a silver platter with that CM Punk punch and how he didn't try any submission whatsoever nearing the end of the fight.

Thats the part thats odd. It looks like cowboy doesn't know what to do down there because all hes ever drilled when he ducks under the punch is to go for the takedown...but he wasnt allowed to?

I mean from a professional perspective Longo should be looking at it as objectively as possible but anytime McGregor is mentioned him and Serra both turn into a couple of whiny little haters. You don’t have to like him but you can respect his skill.

Thats the part thats odd. It looks like cowboy doesn't know what to do down there because all hes ever drilled when he ducks under the punch is to go for the takedown...but he wasnt allowed to?
Cowboy told us for weeks he was going to stand with Conor. I don't know if he explained the reasoning particularly well, but he didn't keep it a secret.

I believe Cerrone had an agreement with Dana to keep it standing at all costs. That's the most suspicious thing in the whole fight. How he didn't complete the takedown Conor served him on a silver platter with that CM Punk punch and how he didn't try any submission whatsoever nearing the end of the fight.

If that's the case the fight is not exactly fixed, but even more skewed in Conor's favor. I still don't believe we are talking about a classic Bob Sapp fix.
Here's the replay in slow mo.

https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Conor_McGregor_vs_Donald_Cerrone_Full_Fight_UFC_246_Part_3/10339206

If you can't see what happens here just stop watching MMA.

Also, risking a multi billion dollar company for one fighter?
{<jordan}

Last edited:
Cowboy told us for weeks he was going to stand with Conor. I don't know if he explained the reasoning particularly well, but he didn't keep it a secret.

"Dont fuck this up cowboy! Or youre fuckin DONE, ya hear me? DONE! now gtfo outta here...waddamagonadowitchu"

Angry-Dana.png

Harder to throw a fight than to fight. Then Conor, the coward he is, beat up Diver Donald anyway and Cerrone couldn't defend himself because he might accidentally win.

The fight literally starts with Cowboy getting rocked and then rocked a couple more time which he suffers a broken nose. He is then finished in 40 seconds by TKO.

Cerrone didn't even have enough time to be frozen in the fight.

So Longo picked Conor to lose and is now devaluing Conor`s incredible 40-second victory.

Meh.

You should have lined up your boy Ragin Al to get blasted Ray..

Yeah he froze up because he didn't expect any of that. Caught off guard freezes people.

It was the same against Darren Till. Notice how his corner was shouting "this is where we were training" once he pressed Till against the fence. I believe the assumption was that Till can't snipe hom from the distance if he's smothered in the clinch. After that got out of the window, Cerrone didn't know what yo do.

Lol. Fat guy’s credibility goes down the drain

Tell us more about you, if you have an ounce of courage.. ^^

Just tell us about you and your credentials, send us pics of you and your godlike physique..

And it has nothing with me and my physique i'm fairly tall and lean and pleasant to women ...

Getting a little gay there Sherbro. You'd probably feel better if you came out fully. And you said girls like you instead of saying you like girls? Huh?

Can't say I was surprised.. but it did feel odd how cerrone didn't have the spirit to throw down
Just stood there and took it...

Back