Ray Longo: "Cerrone just froze up and displayed zero fight IQ"

One of the best front-runners in the game, a 1st round KO artist, against a guy who starts painfully slow, with a history of being over-whelmed in the first round. Who could've predicted such a result?

Cerrone vs Conor was one of the most carefully calculated and hand-picked match-ups that I've seen occur at the top level in UFC. Reminded me of boxing.

Anybody who didn't see this coming, must be blind as a bat.

I feel there’s a lot of over analysis going on. Rewatched the fight and those shoulder strikes happen over about a 2 second period

Pathetic performance but it's hard to call fix on someone as bad as Cerrone currently is

Either way the fight meant nothing. More smoke and mirrors from Conman

He had an agreement for him to get his face re arranged? Are you stupid?
Face rearranged lol. Dude got a bloody nose and a black eye and was partying later that night. There's no way anything really hurt him, he just crumbled like a sugar cookie

Lmao Cerrone got shook when Conor hurt his ass. We all know that Cowboy has terrible first few minutes in his fights.

I believe Cerrone had an agreement with Dana to keep it standing at all costs. That's the most suspicious thing in the whole fight. How he didn't complete the takedown Conor served him on a silver platter with that CM Punk punch and how he didn't try any submission whatsoever nearing the end of the fight.

If that's the case the fight is not exactly fixed, but even more skewed in Conor's favor. I still don't believe we are talking about a classic Bob Sapp fix.

This is all just such a reach IMO. Why do we need to search for an explanation for why Cerrone failed to perform well physically or mentally in a big fight?

Al Iaquinta lost to Cowboy somewhat recently in a one sided way, so Conor smashing Cowboy makes Al look like he's not even a top 15 guy and that triggers Longo.

McGregor has beaten Poirier, Aldo, Alvarez & Cerrone is laughably easy fashion. He slapped Diaz all over the place for long periods, even in defeat.That's a problem because everybody knows they're good, & the logical conclusion is that McGregor must therefore be genuinely very very good . But they just cant bring themselves to accept that reality.

People are still talking about McGregor like its post-Mendes pre-Aldo time

Getting a little gay there Sherbro. You'd probably feel better if you came out fully. And you said girls like you instead of saying you like girls? Huh?

Another shertard that is happy with himself . I would not even be surprised you're the one you're talking about.
And no one beside of yourself and maybe your mum would be proud of you on this one...
Buy yourself some brain cells if you can afford it of course.

Keep squealing genius

Who knew that getting a knee to the head followed by nose and eye socket breaking blows to the head could leave one dazed and momentarily incapacitated.

“I really like Cerrone’s chances in this fight,” Longo said when discussing Donald Cerrone’s odds against Conor McGregor. “And like again, the only thing that could beat Donald Cerrone is just father time. He’s getting up there a little bit, but I’m saying the Donald Cerrone of a couple of years ago is winning that fight and I really believe he’s winning this fight. I think he’s got more ways to win and he’s definitely competitive. He’s been active. I think he’s taken enough of a break where he should come in fresh and we’ll see what happens.”

As far as McGregor is concerned, Longo is of the belief that the “Notorious” one has his back against the wall and is feeling the pressure to produce more so than “Cowboy.”

“You know McGregor’s had a long layoff,” Longo continued. “He hasn’t had a win in a couple of years. I think the pressure’s on McGregor more than it’s on Cerrone by all means.”

cmon Ray.....youre better than that......

Too late now you're trying to flip flop into dumb justifications..
Not only I don't care about him nor was aware of his podcast, unlike you..

Just tell us about you and your credentials, send us pics of you and your godlike physique.. I guess you won't. Life is easier hidden behind a kb

And it has nothing with me and my physique i'm fairly tall and lean and pleasant to women ...
Learn some respect or stfu
do you feel guilty over something? he didnt say anything about your physique lol
so for you to come out talking about it makes it seem like youre trying to convince someone of something that maybe isnt true lol

the only people that consider this fight a fix are people so wrapped up in hate that they cant move or see past it....
evidently that = Ray Luongo

ray wasnt wrong. if it gets past the first donald because a very live dog. thats what everyone thought. but everyone also realized it wasnt going passed 1

do you feel guilty over something? he didnt say anything about your physique lol
so for you to come out talking about it makes it seem like youre trying to convince someone of something that maybe isnt true lol

the only people that consider this fight a fix are people so wrapped up in hate that they cant move or see past it....
evidently that = Ray Luongo

Can you even read?
I don't care what longo says or think.
You're obviously unable to comprehend my initial point..
You kids have no sense of respect. That's it. Calling someone fat guy for whatever he thinks shouldn't have no room in a discussion between civilized gentlemen...but what can I expect on sherdog.

McGregor has beaten Poirier, Aldo, Alvarez & Cerrone is laughably easy fashion. He slapped Diaz all over the place for long periods, even in defeat.That's a problem because everybody knows they're good, & the logical conclusion is that McGregor must therefore be genuinely very very good . But they just cant bring themselves to accept that reality.

People are still talking about McGregor like its post-Mendes pre-Aldo time

He slapped Diaz.... Or he got slapped.
Why you lie?

Last edited:
Can you even read?
I don't care what longo says or think.
You're obviously unable to comprehend my initial point..
You kids have no sense of respect. That's it. Calling someone fat guy for whatever he thinks shouldn't have no room in a discussion between civilized gentlemen...but what can I expect on sherdog.
yes I can read
you dont care what longo thinks/says but you sure as shit care when someone else calls him fat lol
I dont really care what your initial point was....I was commenting on how defensive you got about your own physique when it was not called into question
Im not a kid...I have a strong sense of respect. I never called anyone a fat for what he thought or any other reason

again....as I already asked....do you have a complex over something? you seemed to need to express how pleasant you are to the ladies when it didnt fit into the conversation....sounds alot like over compensation lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back