Rate Cody's boxing

giphy.gif

{<jordan}
have to keep reminding myself that this was the main event of a pay per view

has anything this dumb ever happened in a fight at this level? what kind of dunce just keeps walking into the same punch three times in three seconds?

offensively he's very good..... but he has massive holes defensively that TJ was able to exploit.

Outta 10? lol, I remember people saying he was a better boxer than Conor. He's got speed and power but.... a little overrated, imo.

1 Being Ronda and 10 Being a Diaz bro or BJ Penn, I'd say a 1 and that's being generous. It really should be Zero especially since he has "32-0" Armature record which no one can find. Hell, I'm a sanctioned USA Boxer with a record of 10-2-1 and all my fights are logged in and easy to find on the database. Plus my booklet.

I mean you really can't believe he has boxing skills right? He basically fought like any noob did in his first sparring match at the gym and swing for the fences. Hell, in my first Boxing sparring match I had to throw 10 good jabs in the first round otherwise my coach would beat my ass even more.

Dropping hands before throwing a punch Check
Chin not tucked in Check
Head on the center line check
Facial and physical tells before throwing a punch check
Shitty foot work check
Head movement? Check

Need I go on?

lTJcxZV.gif

mma.boxingnewsnow.comimagesvc.timeincapp-800x600.comim-493a0ae48173f11ac6459034defb87906e94d053

tj-dillashaw-cody-garbrandt-ufc-227-8.jpg

Kudo's to TJ. He's got solid form on his punches and looks much crisper and polished.

It's a completely unverified record. There are amateur boxing databases, and he never competed in a major regional or national tournament (unless he changed his name). If a guy had a 32-0 amateur record, there would be almost no way that he wouldn't have competed in a major regional or national tournament. It's either an entirely meaningless 32-0 (in the sense that he never competed against meaningful amateurs), or it's entirely made up.
I don't know. Maybe he fought in prison? Some people don't have official records because of that.

Look at tjs face after the fight. There’s your answer. If Garbrandt only had a fu king chin my heart wouldn’t hurt right now.

Look at tjs face after the fight. There’s your answer. If Garbrandt only had a fu king chin my heart wouldn’t hurt right now.

well the fact of the matter both mcgregor and gabrandt are rudimentary boxers but to say conor hasnt looked like shit in the boxing department is incredibly bias and deluded. If he was as technical of a boxer as some of you make out he wouldnt struggle with someone with as mant boxing flaws as Diaz has
It's true Cody's boxing is overrated but so is Conor's. Of Cody had as strong of a chin as Conor does people would still be praising him a some elite boxer.

I'm not hating on Conor's skills ....he is as legit as they come as far as throwing hands in MMA but alot of his success is and boxing praise and s due to the fact that you can hide boxing/ defnsivde flaws with a granite chin.

Cody is not lucky enough to have such a chin to hide his boxing flaws behind.

He has excellent boxing. The problem is when he gets hurt he gets emotional and throws technique out the window. He does the same when he believes he has hurt his opponent too.

If the guy had a functioning brain he would be the champion.

Exactly. When he has his emotions under control he's very good, he has crisp footwork and distance control, sets up his punches well and is pretty hard to hit clean. Problem is as soon as he loses his cool he goes full retard, he just plants his feet and swings big loaded up hooks to the head with no setup & no defence. All he had to do was stall out the fight after he got dropped (better yet, not get stupid and trade in the first place) and get his shit back together during the break, but he went full Diego Sanchez and got his shit wrecked.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back