Rate Cody's boxing

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Outta 10? lol, I remember people saying he was a better boxer than Conor. He's got speed and power but.... a little overrated, imo.

According to Wikipedia he is 32-0 as an amateur boxer.

I find that quite baffling and can't seem to verify that anywhere.

Anyway, his boxing is ok for MMA standard but pretty diabolical on a whole.

Spamming hooks in the pocket doesn’t mean he has good boxing. His speed and power are great though. Head movement is good too but he doesn’t even know how to jab it seems. Fight iq seemed good in the Cruz fight but I’m questioning that now too.

6-7/10
6 for above average and 7 for good.

Last edited:
There's a difference between having the skills and applying it.

He has the skills but in the heat of the moment, all technique went out the window in this one.

Spamming hooks in the pocket doesn’t mean he has good boxing. His speed and power are great though.

6-7/10
6 for above average and 7 for good.
And the same setup for his hooks, almost every time.

In MMA terms? Probably a solid 8 or 9 out of 10. At range he's really damn good. He gets into trouble when he gets into wild exchanges because he doesn't love his head and he drops his hands. When you do that and you don't have a granite chin it's a problem. But, overall he's still solidly ahead of the vast majority of MMA fighters in terms of pure boxing.

According to Wikipedia he is 32-0 as an amateur boxer.

I find that quite baffling and can't seem to verify that anywhere.

Anyway, his boxing is ok for MMA standard but pretty diabolical on a whole.

It's a completely unverified record. There are amateur boxing databases, and he never competed in a major regional or national tournament (unless he changed his name). If a guy had a 32-0 amateur record, there would be almost no way that he wouldn't have competed in a major regional or national tournament. It's either an entirely meaningless 32-0 (in the sense that he never competed against meaningful amateurs), or it's entirely made up.

No jab, no straight, never goes for the body, doesn't have variation of combos.

He has a good reflex and fast with them hands.

I'd give solid 6.8/10

Overrated, right now.
I actually believed he has a better boxing than Conor, but no...
He has only one decent win: injured Cruz and that was a UD much closer than some casuals believe it was, just because Cody did break dance.

His wins in UFC are:
Brimage - can
Briones - 1-5 in UFC
Augusto Mendes - 1-2 in UFC, 6-2 record
Almeida - undefeated against cans before Cody, 1-3 in the last fights
Mizugaki - a veteran, but not much of a record

I would like to see him against tougher opponents:
- Rivera
- Moraes
- Lineker
- Assuncao

Cody Glassbrandt.

Good speed and power.

Horrible fight iq.

he is a better boxer than McGregor. He lost to the champ, but a journeyman turned McGregor into a panic wrestler

In MMA terms? Probably a solid 8 or 9 out of 10. At range he's really damn good. He gets into trouble when he gets into wild exchanges because he doesn't love his head and he drops his hands. When you do that and you don't have a granite chin it's a problem. But, overall he's still solidly ahead of the vast majority of MMA fighters in terms of pure boxing.

You'd expect someone who scores a 8 or 9 out of 10 to at least have a good jab

Overrated, right now.
I actually believed he has a better boxing than Conor, but no...
He has only one decent win: injured Cruz and that was a UD much closer than some casuals believe it was, just because Cody did break dance.

His wins in UFC are:
Brimage - can
Briones - 1-5 in UFC
Augusto Mendes - 1-2 in UFC, 6-2 record
Almeida - undefeated against cans before Cody, 1-3 in the last fights
Mizugaki - a veteran, but not much of a record

I would like to see him against tougher opponents:
- Rivera
- Moraes
- Lineker
- Assuncao
Conor has so many setups for his left hand. Cody just has one. TJ even feinted in the first fight, got him in the stance and laughed at him.
And I too think Dom was injured. He just looked off.

he is a better boxer than McGregor. He lost to the champ, but a journeyman turned McGregor into a panic wrestler
Nate is a good boxer. After tonight, I'd say he is better than Cody.

He has excellent boxing. The problem is when he gets hurt he gets emotional and throws technique out the window. He does the same when he believes he has hurt his opponent too.

If the guy had a functioning brain he would be the champion.

Cody Glassbrandt.

Good speed and power.

Horrible fight iq.

Pretty much, actually. He actually has excellent footwork when he sits back and tries to box, as well. Such a waste of ability.

Back