Rate Cody's boxing

He never did that. But in the first Nate fight he showed very poor defense in footwork. Always went back in straight lines and got tagged over and over like a low level fighter by a Diaz throwing the same punches.

Where are you people coming from? Goodness the absolute delusion is astounding. Some people are just talking non sense with no regard for reality now.

30viqgm.gif

2w7laop.gif

Even in the first fight Conor was putting an absolute countering clinic on Nate, and rocked him several times, on top of busting him up

(If Conor "wasn't landed clean" then Nate's face wouldn't have been as busted up as it was)

vgiumo.gif

2czd6hw.gif

Yeah "bad defense and footwork"

^ In reality it was Nate who couldn't touch Conor clean all night, aside for some baby slaps here and there

Nate truly got lucky and hit the short notice lottery with a 1/100 shot on Conor

Conor was dominating that first fight until he got caught.

Won about 8 mins of a 9 min fight

People ignore that in both Diaz fights, Conor has absolutely beaten the dog shit out of Nate for the vast majority of both fights

Think of it like this, Conor and Nate have fought for a total of about 34 minutes. And Conor has won about 30 of those minutes

Nate isn't on Conor's level. It's his size and chin that allow him to hang with Conor

At 155 where Nate's size and chin advantages matter less over Conor, watch what happens. I bet you Conor wipes Nate out at 155

Conor outboxing Nate with such a huge size disadvantage across the board, would be like if Cody outboxed an elite LW boxer at 155lbs.

Cody gets badly outboxed twice by the same, same sized opponent...and you are quick to make excuses for Cody and still claim he's elite, yet you shit on Conor for losing to someone who he outclassed 5 months later - via actually out-boxing an elite boxer who was much bigger

Seems totally legit. You are proof that Conor haters are the worst

Name me one fighter on the UFC roster who could have ever done this to Floyd in a boxing match

converted.gif

Conor has actual elite level boxing skill by boxing standards

Conor is the greatest and most skilled boxer to have ever competed at a championship level in MMA, and it's not even close nor up for debate

What's up with these Conor haters my brothers @YellowBanenoo @markg171 @That209 @MescalineDreams

Last edited:
It is as bad tho because its been shown multiple e times that basic lateral movement confuses the ever living fuck out of Diaz and Mcgregor couldnt figure this out despite the fact his boxing is supposedly so highly touted.

Failing to display this is just as bad as cody walking into the same overhand multiple times

Failing to employ a right game plan against a short notice opponent is as bad as making a rudimental mistake like running into right hand side against an orthodox not once, not twice but trice?? All in a span of 5 seconds?

Go get your brain checked lol

It is as bad tho because its been shown multiple e times that basic lateral movement confuses the ever living fuck out of Diaz and Mcgregor couldnt figure this out despite the fact his boxing is supposedly so highly touted.
You are just spewing non sense now

Tell me what this was
DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Conor takes side steps to his left to take an angle, forcing Nate to turn to Conor out of position so Conor can pull counter with the left from a safer position defensively, and then right hook into it off the angle.

Conor used later footwork to turn Nate and set up the counter from an angle+line up his right hook follow up

If you actually understood boxing you would know how footwork is all about subtlety. It's all about taking all the necessary small steps to be in the best positions (to land or evade) or to maintain positioning advantages

Conor has some of the best footwork in MMA by a country mile

He's always taking all the right steps to be in the best positions possible

I have noticed a pattern, Conor's biggest detractors are people who know littlw to nothing about actual skill and striking. It's because of that ignorance they can't recognize Connors Mastery and subtle genius. Either that or they're just flat-out hating...cough @listrahtes too

Thoughts @YellowBanenoo ?

You are just spewing non sense now

Tell me what this was
DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Conor takes side steps to his left to take an angle, forcing Nate to turn to Conor out of position as Conor counters with the left from a safer position defensively, then right hooks into it off the angle.

Conor used later footwork to set up the counter from an angle+line up his right hook follow up

If you actually understood boxing you would know footwork is all about subtlety. It's all about taking all the necessary small steps to be in the best positions (to land or evade) or to maintain positioning advantages

Conor has some of the best footwork in MMA by a country mile

He's always taking all the right steps to be in the best positions possible

I have noticed a pattern, Conor's biggest detractors are people who know littlw to nothing about actual skill and striking. It's because of that ignorance they can't recognize Connors Mastery and subtle genius. Either that or they're just flat-out hating...cough @listrahtes too

Thoughts @YellowBanenoo ?

This is an overkill, mate.

What's up with these Conor haters my brothers

You are way too emotional. I dont like/dislike Conor. He is a well above standard stand up fighter and he worked on his mistakes in first Nate fight and showed a very good composed second fight. No need for your ramblings and one sided gif masturbation.

conor-caught-by-diaz.gif

Failing to employ a right game plan against a short notice opponent is as bad as making a rudimental mistake like running into right hand side against an orthodox not once, not twice but trice?? All in a span of 5 seconds?

Go get your brain checked lol
being a semi competent boxer involves grasping footwork. Conor was spammed with the same attack my diaz and it landed multiple times including being slapped and he literally turned his back and ran instead of establish intelligent defensive footwork. So again yes this looks just as bad and arguably worse in some instances.

You see your posts are what happens when the heavies try to talk tech shop about martial arts. Blind fan boy ranting takes the place of actual knowledge.

You are way too emotional. I dont like/dislike Conor. He is a well above standard stand up fighter and he worked on his mistakes in first Nate fight and showed a very good composed second fight. No need for your ramblings and one sided gif masturbation.

conor-caught-by-diaz.gif
You are the only one exposing yourself as overly emotional with all that hating and spewing of total absolute non sense to hate.

As if one punch defines everything

Exceptions seem to only prove the rule when it comes to Conor. Crazy isn't it @That209 @YellowBanenoo @markg171 @MescalineDreams

I guess Floyd is a terrible boxer now too

Since not only did Conor the MMA fighter land a punch on Floyd (and landed 113 times over 8 rounds in fact)

But since Floyd was almost KOd by Marcos too

mayweathergif2.gif

It's amusing how haters desperately cling on to the first Nate fight, and one punch at that, while completely ignoring/avoiding the rematch like the plague

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

Conor is the greatest most skilled boxer and striker MMA has ever seen bar none

Last edited:
there is no such thing as "boxing" in a mma competition. if he were a good boxer he would compete in boxing. cody has good hands but the defensive techniques of boxing dont carry over to mma, he needs to learn to step out of range once in a while instead of trying to brawl.

being a semi competent boxer involves grasping footwork. Conor was spammed with the same attack my diaz and it landed multiple times including being slapped and he literally turned his back and ran instead of establish intelligent defensive footwork. So again yes this looks just as bad and arguably worse in some instances.

You see your posts are what happens when the heavies try to talk tech shop about martial arts. Blind fan boy ranting takes the place of actual knowledge.

Any fight involves pattern of an attack. Being vulnerable to it at times, doesn't mean you are terrible at boxing. It is a mistake that every boxers make at every level.

Comparing it to breaking the most basic rule such as " Do not engage in to your opponent's power hand side" " When you get tagged, don't ram into your opponent's power hand so that you can get knocked out" and claiming that they are equally bad, are outright retarded.

You are salty and all you are doing is stretching.

Both Conor and Cody have holes all over the place and are very overrated in terms of technique. It just happens that the rest of the guys have terrible striking overall. MMA its still in the stone age.
More like the Bronze Age

Also to the 2 Conor haters who even have the nerve to bring up Conor vs Nate 1 to discredit Conor's immense boxing skill and immaculate fight IQ

Conor dominated Nate just 5 months later in the rematch

Meanwhile Cody got knocked out in his first loss, and then lost even worse in his rematch lol

Any fight involves pattern of an attack. Being vulnerable to it at times, doesn't mean you are terrible at boxing. It is a mistake that every boxers make at every level.

Comparing it to breaking the most basic rule such as " Do not engage in to your opponent's power hand side" " When you get tagged, don't ram into your opponent's power hand so that you can get knocked out" and claiming that they equally bad, are outright retarded.

You are salty and all you are doing is stretching.

when said vulnerability leads to you losing then yes it clearly points to a flaw in your abilities. Given this was also the first time connor engaged an opponent he didnt dwarf in size this also points to a portion of his success coming from the power advantage he had over his previous weight class rather than being the greatest boxing wizard mma has ever seen.

And what exactly am i salty about ? I dislike both Diaz brothers and was rooting for Mcgregor in each fight. Once again like the other poster noted this is nothing but selective single gif posting and frothing at the mouth if people dont deify the same fighter you do.

It's amusing how haters desperately cling on to the first Nate fight, and one punch at that, while completely ignoring/avoiding the rematch like the plague

Are you an autist? I wrote especially about the second fight in my post. And oh my god using the Mayweather beatdown as reference <Lmaoo> You dont watch a lot of boxing that much is certain.

found a picture of you

Conor21.jpg

Wait, so now Cody's boxing isn't good enough?

lmao this fucking place.

It's a completely unverified record. There are amateur boxing databases, and he never competed in a major regional or national tournament (unless he changed his name). If a guy had a 32-0 amateur record, there would be almost no way that he wouldn't have competed in a major regional or national tournament. It's either an entirely meaningless 32-0 (in the sense that he never competed against meaningful amateurs), or it's entirely made up.

Just for comparison, Anthony Joshua had a record of 27-3 when he went into the 2012 Olympics. Now obviously he's a bit of an outlier but even so, you wouldn't put together a record of 32-0 as an amateur at any level without people taking notice. You have to take these 'amateur records' with a large pinch of salt.

Given this was also the first time connor engaged an opponent he didnt dwarf in size this also points to a portion of his success coming from the power advantage he had over his previous weight class rather than being the greatest boxing wizard mma has ever seen.

If Conor only had a power advantage because he fought at 145 how did he drop Diaz 3x at 170 and Eddie 5 times at 155?

Just for comparison, Anthony Joshua had a record of 27-3 when he went into the 2012 Olympics. Now obviously he's a bit of an outlier but even so, you wouldn't put together a record of 32-0 as an amateur at any level without people taking notice. You have to take these 'amateur records' with a large pinch of salt.

His credentials in boxing are described as ABA junior boxing champ 2007 / 2008. Can that be looked up in an ABA database? I only now the ABA boxing champ which can be looked up on boxrec

And the same setup for his hooks, almost every time.
Yup, that's why he got countered 3 times in a row in the exact same way, lol. TJ's boxing is now better imo. Needed to work on his economy of movement, and he seems to really have addressed that this camp. Probably from working at a proper boxing gym with Joel Diaz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back