Rate Cody's boxing

He is actually a decent boxer imo, good speed and power etc. But he gets too emotional especially when he gets tagged he loses his head and just goes wild

@JayE

Sorry, allow me clarify.

I don't mean anyone who has been given a license. I mean any contender/fringe contender. On this measuring stick are they are 10?

Like Phil Le Greco for example, would his "boxing" be a 10 would you say?

it always looks really good until he starts throwing wild

@JayE

Sorry, allow me clarify.

I don't mean anyone who has been given a license. I mean any contender/fringe contender. On this measuring stick are they are 10?

Like Phil Le Greco for example, would his "boxing" be a 10 would you say?

Gotcha. Phil Le Greco would still probably beat essentially any MMA fighter around his weight in boxing. Of course, at the same time, we can talk about what we'd call boxing fundamentals and the way they're applied to MMA. There are times where guys who would likely get stopped by Le Greco over 10 or 12 do actually look better technically than he does according to some measures. It's not the most straightforward comparison.

Anyway, I'm out until tomorrow. Fun fights tonight. One hopes that Garbrandt can get a head on his shoulders before his physical and technical gifts completely decay (there is already big talk about his back issues ending his career soon). He's as talented as anyone I've seen in the sport, and it would be a huge shame to see those talents go to waste.

Good boxing requires sound defense as well as offense. Cody seems to be lacking half of that equation, he also doesn't go to the body much or jab.

To think lunatics said he's beat Mcgregor in standup boxing, Conor would have cleaned his clock in the open exchanges.

How many guys in MMA truly have a good job? Sadly, you can still be in the top 80, 90% without it.

Hey man are you digging at the fighter pay or something?
I think MM has a great job I am told he is paid 80K a year for playing video games.

giphy.gif

{<jordan}

Let me know when Conor does dumb shit like that lol
he got outboxed by a sloppy no footwork nate so yeaaahhhh lol

@JayE

I don't think that there's an argument that LeGreco would stop any MMA fighter around his weight class.

My point is, if somone like Le Greco isn't a 10, then Cody struggles to get a 1 or 2.

I can basically say the same thing that i said to a other guy.

That doesn't make any sense. I know you are a salty hater, you are surely not dumb enough to think whatever Conor did in that fight was remotely close to Cody running into his opponent's power hand side 3 times in a row, right??

Or are you that retarded?

Wow....

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

Conor OUTCLASSED Nate.

Conor is the only fighter in MMA to ever outbox a Diaz brother...and Conor was a weight class smaller....

That only further proves Conor is the absolute boxing GOAT and striking GOAT of MMA

Last edited:
Pretty much, actually. He actually has excellent footwork when he sits back and tries to box, as well. Such a waste of ability.

Yep imo Cody is easy to rate as a boxer.

mid distance: good head movement, reflexes and footwork
nice crisp hooks. A good mid range fighter who can outpunch opponents. His defense is a problem but he is able to compensate that in parts.

long range: he has the footwork but lacks a jab and in general distance fighting tactics with straight punches. with his good head movement and reflexes he is able to avoid a lot of damage.

short distance: his non existing guard kills him here against opponents with power. Very high danger for him to receive damage and the distance he mostly tries to get into.

in general he seems to be unable to adapt to annother fighter. Throws the same combos over and over with same feints even if they dont work. Lack of ring iq which may be his talent level but imo a big part is his less than average coaching team. If there is a fighter at the moment who needs to change teams its Cody.

Would like to see him training with someone like Cordeiro

I can basically say the same thing that i said to a other guy.

That doesn't make any sense. I know you are a salty hater, you are surely not dumb enough to think whatever Conor did in that fight was remotely close to Cody running into his opponent's power hand side 3 times in a row, right??

Or are you that retarded?

well the fact of the matter both mcgregor and gabrandt are rudimentary boxers but to say conor hasnt looked like shit in the boxing department is incredibly bias and deluded. If he was as technical of a boxer as some of you make out he wouldnt struggle with someone with as mant boxing flaws as Diaz has

well the fact of the matter both mcgregor and gabrandt are rudimentary boxers but to say conor hasnt looked like shit in the boxing department is incredibly bias and deluded. If he was as technical of a boxer as some of you make out he wouldnt struggle with someone with as mant boxing flaws as Diaz has

You are rambling broad statement that isn't even relevant to the original argument.

A: I never said Conor never looked bad in the boxing department. The argument here is whether his boxing is better than Cody's

B: I gave you a specific reason as to why Cody's boxing is inferior to Conor's Conor made some mistakes in the fight against Nate, but that wasn't as bad as the flawed Cody showed in his fight tonight.

Brain mate, use it.

Let me be very specific. Tell me when Conor blindly runs into his opponent's power hand side and gets tagged, yet proceed to do the exact same thing 2 more time in a row until getting dropped.

He never did that. But in the first Nate fight he showed very poor defense in footwork. Always went back in straight lines and got tagged over and over like a low level fighter by a Diaz throwing the same punches. He worked on that in the rematch and only that counts in the end if you are able to get better but the first Nate fight was not a high level stand up showing from Conor at all.

He never did that. But in the first Nate fight he showed very poor defense in footwork. Always went back in straight lines and got tagged over and over like a low level fighter by a Diaz throwing the same punches. He worked on that in the rematch and only that counts in the end if you are able to get better but the first Nate fight was not a high level stand up showing from Conor at all.

What you wrote isn't half as bad as ramming your face into a same counter in a span of 5 second. After all, the point was Cody's boxing isn't as good as Conor's.

You are rambling broad statement that isn't even relevant to the original argument.

A: I never said Conor never looked bad in the boxing department. The argument here is whether his boxing is better than Cody's

B: I gave you a specific reason as to why Cody's boxing is inferior to Conor's Conor made some mistakes in the fight against Nate, but that wasn't as bad as the flawed Cody showed in his fight tonight.

Brain mate, use it.

It is as bad tho because its been shown multiple e times that basic lateral movement confuses the ever living fuck out of Diaz and Mcgregor couldnt figure this out despite the fact his boxing is supposedly so highly touted.

Failing to display this is just as bad as cody walking into the same overhand multiple times

What you wrote isn't half as bad as ramming your face into a same counter in a span of 5 second. After all, the point was Cody's boxing isn't as good as Conor's.

Absolutely I wasnt trying to make a point that Cody is on Conors level. He is not and imo he will have big problems with any other top10 fighter with a punch. Just meant that Conor also had a fight were his stand up was mediocre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back