Rafael Cordeiro piles the pressure on RDA

Okay I see.

I'd hope not, RDA was never a front runner and had to consistently prove doubters and fighters wrong. I dont think you get to where he is by overestimating anybody and having stupid game plans.

It's just banter in my opinion. Who knows.

My guess is (and it is a guess) is that RC is saying this to get Conor to want to prove a point and get Conor to be the aggressor and not be playing matador. Playing Conors own trick on him. I'd be surprised if RC was telling RDA that he must win and win quickly and decisively. If RDA was offered a decision win now from the MMA gods then I'm sure he'd bite their hand off.

Master Rafael.

Has anyone created as many legends and top pound for pound fighters than him??

Rafael Cordeiro has created monsters

anderson-silva-rafael-cordeiro-wanderlei-silva-chute-boxe.jpg

Yeah, it's almost like the dude's like a master chemist or something...

Er... What?

His skill-set, his overall game in general. etc.

Uh, the Mendes fight was 7 months ago the Guida fight was 6 years ago.

Let me elaborate further on that, as it was poorly written. People are basing Conor's ground game on his two losses and the fight with Mendes. Since the losses he took more of an approach at spreading his training not primarily to striking. For every person who posts that Mendes had a short training camp, Conor didn't have the best preparation either with his injury.

Anyway, it's improved much more from earlier in his career. Both in Cage Warriors when he beat Dave Hill and Ivan Buchinger. He showed in the Holloway fight he was more than comfortable taking it to the ground. Same as in the Brandao fight when he took it to the mat and reversed a takedown in the clinch from him and controlled him from top for a period of time.

No, they're not on Dos Anjos' level when it comes to grappling. But I can't not see Conor having a better ground game than people discredit him for. Even for the Aldo fight, he expected it to go to the ground. Dos Anjos is bigger than Aldo, but Conor's not exactly at a huge size disadvantage either. Dos Anjos prides himself on keeping the tempo high and pushing the pace, but Conor is the same and hasn't shown much sign of fatigue in fights. Even when he got back up after Mendes spent most of the second round on top of him, he went straight after him before the KO.

Dos Anjos has improved his striking since the Guida loss, but he's not a natural striker. In the Pettis fight, Pettis was the only one who moved and it only made Dos Anjos close the distance and brawl with Pettis with his back against the cage. Any sort of lateral movement and Dos Anjos had to stop and re-set. Pettis got off a couple of good body shots and landed some clean punches as well - albeit, not doing as much damage as Dos Anjos' shots. There's still that sloppy style of punching which offers openings for Conor to tag him with, be it going forward or on the back foot.

I really think his team feel that he won't have the power to trouble Dos Anjos, but I think they'll be in for a surprise. Could easily see him standing in the pocket with Conor and trying to mind fuck him by letting him know he can stand and bang and beat Conor at the strongest part of his game. But we'll see.

there was a rumor that Rich Franklin could put on 30 pounds over night. I think some chick mentioned it in a countdown
I would like to see Conors numbers, he'd be pushing 30 for sure.

I'm rooting for RDA and hope this happens but reality is Conor ain't going to quit like that. He will tap, go to sleep or continue to take more damage.

Lost 7 fights in his career.. Rafael is far from unbeatable..

And since when did TJ trained at Kings? That guys like a female snake.

I just read an article from last year that RDA's walking weight is 195 lbs....Conor walks at around 170 something. How much weight can a fighter regain between weigh in and fight night?

I have seen him a up close a few times, and I am surprised how big he is. I am 6'2,230lbs, but I don't feel much bigger next to RDA.

Water cut is done by percentage of body weight. Generally speaking most UFC fighters that are serious about cutting do around 10%. Some fighters, like McGregor, can go as high as 15%, which btw is dangerous. At 170, if McGregor cut 10% it would put him at 153, so he's probably cutting 13%, maybe a little more to get to 145. Its a huge cut and why he looks concentration camp at 145. I doubt RDA cuts down water from more than about 180 pounds. A 10% cut from 180 puts RDA at 162, so same thing, 180 down to 155 is about 13% cut. These are huge cut numbers for both fighters. At 15%+ you can actually lose pressure in your veins, and they can collapse and you can die. Or have kidney failure, etc.

I would guess when they enter the cage RDA is no more than 180-185 max, and McGregor might have had enough time to get his number to 175. RDA should have the size advantage since McGregor has been cutting to 145. Not enough time to put on all the muscle.

Excellent response. Thanks. The article was about RDA speculating a run at WW despite beating Pettis for the LW championship 3 months prior.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/06/ufc-li...s-anjos-sees-welterweight-move-in-his-future#

I think this video of him sparring with his students was fairly popular on this forum at some point:

Sadly the fight I mentioned was taken down from youtube.

Cordiero is bad ass, and hardly stuck in the mud! Dude is cold as ice too for walking off after dropping students with knees .. during sparring. o_O

War RDA!

Conor predicts a victory: Brilliant!
RDA predicts a victory: To much pressure!

I think you're mistaking him for Chad, bro.

McGrbSI.gif
Pretty sure he could have stood up any time he wanted, being on top and everything. More likely he was saying 'are strikes to the top of the head legal?'

Pretty sure he could have stood up any time he wanted, being on top and everything. More likely he was saying 'are strikes to the top of the head legal?'
He complained to the ref. Just as Conor did. It evens out. Wait, no it doesn't.

Mendes gashed the hell out of Conor's eye/cut with his finger rake. He should have been deducted a point.

Back