Rafael Cordeiro piles the pressure on RDA

Henghist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Rafael Cordeiro, the head coach at Kings MMA, is not intimidated by Conor McGregor's antics. In fact, he revealed to Combate that his pupil and current UFC lightweight champion,Rafael dos Anjos, is anxious to put his hands on "The Notorious," so much that he believes Dos Anjos will make McGregor quit in the middle of their super fight.

"The way I see it, Rafael will do just fine. He's very excited about this fight and will drag McGregor to deep waters. He has never faced anybody like Rafael. We believe he can beat Conor up badly. It may even be the first time Conor will ask for a fight to be stopped."

A very bold strategy ahead of such a dangerous and high profile bout.

Well, RDA just told in a Brazilian interview that he thinks Cerrone, Pettis and Benson are much better fighters than Conor and that's why he thinks Conor will not give him many problems. Conor is just a good fighter for him, not great. RDA is putting pressure on himself as well.

Rafael Cordeiro has created monsters

anderson-silva-rafael-cordeiro-wanderlei-silva-chute-boxe.jpg

I would consider Cordeiro to Bethe best coach in the game right now. The guy knows his stuff.

I just read an article from last year that RDA's walking weight is 195 lbs....Conor walks at around 170 something. How much weight can a fighter regain between weigh in and fight night?

Based on the fight he won the International Vale Tudo Championship LW belt and on his recent sparring videos, I think Rafael Cordeiro himself could beat Conor.

This is what every coach does, they back their fighter. I'm 99% sure Rafael is not up late at night reading these articles about what his coaches said.
For sure rethink and try to come up with a discussion worthy post.

Conor's coach is talking about him fighting at 170 but it's Cordeiro setting RDA up for failure. lol

Conor's coach is talking about him fighting at 170 but it's Cordeiro setting RDA up for failure. lol
Yeah the same coach that said Gunnar would submit Maia and become the greatest MMA grappler of all time.

So saying his fighter is well trained and confident is a 'bold strategy' nowadays?

I don't know enough about RDA to claim this statement is setting him up for a fall, only I ask for peoples thoughts on it. Kavanagh is different because Conor is very close to lunacy and is arguably a narcissist.

Rafael Cordeiro, the head coach at Kings MMA, is not intimidated by Conor McGregor's antics. In fact, he revealed to Combate that his pupil and current UFC lightweight champion,Rafael dos Anjos, is anxious to put his hands on "The Notorious," so much that he believes Dos Anjos will make McGregor quit in the middle of their super fight.

"The way I see it, Rafael will do just fine. He's very excited about this fight and will drag McGregor to deep waters. He has never faced anybody like Rafael. We believe he can beat Conor up badly. It may even be the first time Conor will ask for a fight to be stopped."

A very bold strategy ahead of such a dangerous and high profile bout.
Well, since RDA has "become like a new man" and had such a marked "increase in his strength and conditioning, Joe" and ragdolled a few top fighters, Professor Cordiero is quite confident in his pupil. What's he supposed to say?

I just read an article from last year that RDA's walking weight is 195 lbs....Conor walks at around 170 something. How much weight can a fighter regain between weigh in and fight night?

Diego sanchez put on 26 recently, I remember Vitor v Rumble n Vitor put on 20.
That's just two I remember

Back