Radical Muslim Minority myth busted

While there is no excuse for extremism, I think that the gauge used to measure attitudes and behaviors is a bit misleading.

Ask any group of religious people the same set of questions, particularly those in the developing world, and you are going to have more or less the same responses. Poll a thousands Christians, Hindus etc. and ask "should making fun of <<INSERT GOD HERE>> be punished", and I would venture to say that the answer is yes.

I'm not trying to discount the prevalence of extremism, but people have to be careful with stories like this.
Muslims are the only ones who want to impose their blasphemy laws worlwide. They are the only ones who riot in a big way when someone criticizes Islam and or Muhammed. They are the only ones who demand the West do something when a Western cartoonist or critic attacks Islam. You can criticize Chrsitianity, Judaism,Hinduism,Shintoism and not feel the need to watch your back.

Now in India , with the rise of Hindutva there is a tendency towards attacking Hindu critics but then critics of Islam (in India) are also attacked .Muslim countries stand apart from all others in how they view criticism of the majority religion.

No other religion is as violently intolerant towards criticism as Islam.

Apostates are not condemned to death in other religions.
Women in other religions are not theologically banned from marrying out.

I have not seen any poll taken of other big religions expressing the same level of approval for violent repercussions for breaching religious laws. The other thing 1 has to keep in mind is that even if you find a community that is as intolerant, they aren't expansionist and global like Islam. Only Christianity can be compared to Islam in regards to global reach and Christianity is pretty dam tolerant.

Last edited:
Why don't you fuck off?

gsi2-chp1-5.png

That doesn't exactly help you out there. Those numbers fucking suck.

% of Sharia Law favoring Muslims in Muslim majority countries who favor stoning as punishment for adultery; these aren't inconsequential numbers.

Look at the % support for apostasy.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/...ligion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

-
What is also telling from the polls is that the former Soviet republics with Muslim majorities are noticeably different (tolerant) than the Western backed Muslim nations , with the later monopolizing the intolerance.

After every terror attack by muslims you hear about this "tiny radical muslilm minority making the predominantly peaceful muslilms look bad", and yes, even from our own president's mouth. But this is simply not true.

The fact is that they are not measuring "radical muslims" correctly. Only the people performing the terrorist attacks are being counted.
You know all the terrorist groups are being funded by muslims not counted in this number?
Also, what is not being counted is muslims who believe that sharia law should be instated, or ones who believe that honor KILLING A WOMAN is sometimes okay, or believe that anyone making fun of muhammed should be punished, or that bin laden was doing good. How are these not considered "radical muslims?"

This video breaks down how over half the muslims are in fact radical.

shapiro wants your shekels by stating the obvious

% of Sharia Law favoring Muslims in Muslim majority countries who favor stoning as punishment for adultery; these aren't inconsequential numbers.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/...ligion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

-
What is also telling from the polls is that the former Soviet republics with Muslim majorities are noticeably different (tolerant) than the Western backed Muslim nations , with the later monopolizing the intolerance.
So what you're telling me is the USSR has a more positive influence on the Muslim world than the US?

Ideas concerning Sharia law vary though. For instance some Muslims believe it should be implemented but only in reference to family law and only to Muslims. I wouldn't call that radical.
Why the hell not

50%? That means there are 800 million radical Muslims getting ready to destroy us. Almost a miracle that out of those 800 million, so few have attacked us. Might even be so unlikely as to make me think that number is kinda stupid.

EDIT: 1.5 MILLION in America. And no attacks yesterday. Or the day before. Those are some lazy radicals

It's radical in the ideological sense. Unwilling put their neck on the line, but silently approving.

So, 1:54 he says that X number of muslims blame america for 9/11. This is saying that it is our fault that muslim terrorists blew up our buildings. Do you know why a muslim would say this? because it is islamic teaching that anyone who helps non muslims fight muslims should be killed. This not only means the soldiers over seas but the american public who pay taxes and these taxes go to the war effort.
But, please tell me how this is "9/11 conspiracy"? You have zero idea what you are talking about. You just want to try to name call him as a conspiracy nut because you have no argument of actual substance--oh I guess you are a leftist.

You didn't read the poll questions did you? Shapiro knows his audience. Easy to sell anti-muslim rhetoric to ignorant Americans who won't bother to check his sources.
" When asked whether they think groups of Arabs carried out the 9/11 attacks on the U.S., most Muslims in the nations surveyed say they do not believe this."
I'm not calling Shapiro a CTer. Reading comprehension. Yes, the vast majority of muslims saying that America or Israel are responsible for the 9/11 attacks are CTers.
That doesn't make them "radicals" or "islamists" in any meaningful sense.

"Hamas is the government of Gaza and the resistance to Israeli occupation. Of course most Arabs support them"

Hamas (Arabic: حماس‎ Ḥamās, an acronym of حركة المقاومة الاسلامية Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamah al-ʾIslāmiyyah Islamic Resistance Movement) is a Palestinian Islamic fundamentalist organization [6][7] It has a social service wing, Dawah, and a military wing, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, and, since 2007, has been the governing authority of the Gaza Strip.[8][9]

Hamas was founded in 1987,[10][11] soon after the First Intifada broke out, as an offshoot of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood,[12][13] which in its Gaza branch had been non-confrontational towards Israel, refrained from resistance, and was hostile to the PLO.[14] Co-founder Sheik Ahmed Yassin stated in 1987, and the Hamas Charter affirmed in 1988, that Hamas was founded to liberate Palestine, including modern-day Israel, from Israeli occupation and to establish an Islamic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.[15][16] The group has later stated that it may accept a 10-year truce if Israel withdraws to the 1967 borders and allows Palestinian refugees from 1948, as well as their descendants, to return to what is now Israel.[17][18][19][20]

The military wing of Hamas has launched attacks against Israeli soldiers and civilians. Tactics include suicide bombings, and since 2001, rocket attacks.[21][21][22][23][24][25][26] Hamas's rocket arsenal, though mainly consisting of short-range homemade Qassem rockets,[27] also includes long-range weapons that have reached major Israeli cities including Tel Aviv and Haifa.[28][29] The attacks on civilians have been condemned as war crimes and crimes against humanity by human rights groups such as Human Rights Watch.
[30][31]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas
^ sounds like coward ass terrorists to me

None of that changes the facts as I stated them. Of course most Muslims support the Palestinians against the Israelis. That does not make them radicals.

"He claimed, "Strict sharia law". The poll said no such thing."
- do you have a link??? Oh, wait here it is. And it says

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf
mh2ZrS4.jpg

And while it does not say strict, it says MORE SHARIA and what does MORE SHARIA equal???

It's highly variable. If they were calling for more corporal punishment they don't usually refer simply to "sharia" for instance, they'd say "hudud" or "hudood".
The question is open. They might support an Islamic state. On the other hand, It could be as simple as Malaysia's "sharia" family law and restrictions on selling alcohol. Such simple questions about Sharia in no way give any accurate indicator of "radical" Islam or Islamism.

"Oh I use the term Islamist, but the figures Shapiro is giving for "radicals" aren't Islamists."
- holy shit he uses a different term than you. Zero fucks about anything.
No, he's using the term "radical" as if he's talking about Islamists, but the statistics he's given don't correlate with Islamism. Believing in Sharia just makes them orthodox Muslims, not Islamists.

"Lots of places have blasphemy laws."
- yeah, and the ones that will kill you all happen to be islamic/sharia.

Really? Where's that? Certainly not supported by the question in the Pew poll or any of the statistics Shapiro reeled off.

You did not refute any of the points Ben made and your only real reply is ignorance and "oh it is ben shapiro" learn how to argue or stop trying.

Looks like you're the one that needs to brush up on his reading skills, language skills, logic and facts. Of course Shapiro knows he's got easy targets like you for the anti-muslim industry in the US. Easy money and political capital.

"Are you scared yet?"

Last edited:

-

You'd think the question about apostasy would be a cut and dried case of extreme beliefs, but it's not.
Even "moderate" or "modernist" (or whatever you call them) Muslims will still claim to believe in the death penalty for apostasy. They just redefine what apostasy is. Only Quranists or "quran only" Muslims will quote the verse "there is no compulsion in religion" as a response.

Bilal Philips isn't usually regarded as "moderate" either. Something of a fundamentalist.

All muslims believe in the quarn is the word of god, and that Mohamed was the final prophet. The only legitimate interpretation of the quarn is Mohamed's none others.

Mohamed did and plainly said its ok to rape murder behead genocide take slaves sex slaves murder all not Muslim sex up children and so on barbaric psychopathic actions ex ex.

get it ? moderates my ass, everything about their beliefs points them to the utter most extremism, to deny any of it would be to deny Mohamed and the word of god it does not get any simpler then this. Good luck with changing that, keep pretanding moderates actually exist.

So what you're telling me is the USSR has a more positive influence on the Muslim world than the US?

The West supported the Wahhabis, who are responsible for much of the intolerance we see, and also suppressed secular Arab nationalists like Gamal Abdul Nasser and instead supported Islamists opposed to Nasser. Just as in Afghanistan the Soviets supported the secular moderate Muslims while the West supported the most hatefull and intolerant Muslims .

Yes a the West deserves its fair share of blame but most of the blame is still within the Muslim community because the West supported Islamists who were native to the community . Even before the US came about Islam has always been a conquering ideology.

Why the hell not
Why would I? There are religious courts in the US for Christians and Jews to mediate their matters in accordance with their faith and their rulings are upheld by secular courts. To stretch the definition of radical that far would be to include those Jews and Christians who use their religious courts for mediation.

After every terror attack by muslims you hear about this "tiny radical muslilm minority making the predominantly peaceful muslilms look bad", and yes, even from our own president's mouth. But this is simply not true.

The fact is that they are not measuring "radical muslims" correctly. Only the people performing the terrorist attacks are being counted.
You know all the terrorist groups are being funded by muslims not counted in this number?
Also, what is not being counted is muslims who believe that sharia law should be instated, or ones who believe that honor KILLING A WOMAN is sometimes okay, or believe that anyone making fun of muhammed should be punished, or that bin laden was doing good. How are these not considered "radical muslims?"

This video breaks down how over half the muslims are in fact radical.

1) Ben Shapiro is an orthodox jew with an agenda. His fear mongering is discredited.

2) There are over a billion Muslims, If a billion acted up and fought back against western hegemony, the world would end. We don't see any fanatic Muslims upset at the USA in Malaysia, Indonesia, India, north Africa, the caucuses or even American Muslims uspet at US policy. ITS ONLY ARAB MUSLIMS BEING FUCKED BY THE WEST THAT ARE PISSED. Arab Muslims count for 13 % of all Muslims. And not even all Arabs are pissed or fanatical.

Did you ever stop to think? There were never this many Arab radicals before WW1, before the middle east was chopped up by the west and dictators were installed. Study some history, you will learn why. Unfortunately religious fanaticism is a reaction to western colonialism, supporting dictators, Afghanistan, Iraq, Shah in Iran, support for Israel, etc.. the poor see no other option. I hate religion, but it is used as a reaction.

Although I'm in favour of guns in the US I don't think it would make a difference in Europe. The problem in Europe isn't guns it's the police and government having the power to stop crimes/prosecuting criminals, but they don't in fear of being called racist.
The US is quickly going that way too. "Black lives matter" basically means "leave black criminals alone."

And then there's the neighbor of the San Bernadino terrorists who found them suspicious but didn't report them out of fear of appearing racist.

We don't see any fanatic Muslims upset at the USA in Malaysia, Indonesia, India, north Africa, the caucuses or even American Muslims uspet at US policy. ITS ONLY ARAB MUSLIMS BEING FUCKED BY THE WEST THAT ARE PISSED. Arab Muslims count for 13 % of all Muslims. And not even all Arabs are pissed or fanatical.

WTF???? This is either a flat out lie or you are very, very ignorant of glabal affairs.

And what about the Islamic terror attacks carried out in Europe by "European" Muslims ? The London bombings for example were caried out by Muslims born and bred in Britain.

Last edited:
Ben Shapiro the Jew you can trust.

Crusades were started by this very same thing, to fight off hordes of muslim invaders. The 8th crusade is nigh!

Lol, really? I'd rather trust a guy like Michael Scheuer who actually knows what he's talking about. And his advice? Cut ties with Israel. But you won't see the media Jews in the U.S. say that, or the non Jewish talking heads. They all know who their master is.

you have to consider a lot of those people are living in third world country.

this is has nothing to do with the religion itself, i think most people who are muslim are peaceful and religion itself are peaceful as well.

As long as Constitutionalists don't allow the gun grabbers to curtail our Second Amendment rights, I'm not too worried. Terrorists prefer soft targets. I'd be concerned if I lived in France, though.

I live in France and I'm worried about other things that muslims.

I love people who share this kind of videos and agree that muslims are the n°1 problem in this world, sad and funny at the same time.

Back