Race to 1x Bodyweight SOHP

update:

BW: 182
1RM: 176

Hitting a plateau, seems easier now to just cut weight down to 175 :p

I haven't made too much progress with the press.

Hit 145x2 a couple weeks back at 165 bw.
Hit 125x5x5 yesterday at 165bw.

Current weight ~220.
Last press workout 175x3x5.
Projected max at 200.

What's the rule on the hip pop (not leg drive) on this?

BW: 165
SOHP 1RM: 155

Hopefully I'll able to get it in my next 5-3-1 cycle (another 4 to 5 weeks). Thanks to this comp for providing a quantum of extra motivation.

4 to 5 weeks ended up being about a year lol...

165 lbs SOHP at 165 lbs BW. Probably should've tried this earlier (did 160 lbs 8 months ago lol). Probably going to replace SOHP with either a second day of bench or push press in my 5/3/1 program.

Congrats. That's a good milestone to hit.

Forgot about this one completely

got 200 lbs SOHP @ 185lbs BW in the end

I'm still so far away!!

Great press turbozed.

I plateaued at 170 with a BW of 175 :mad:

Actually I plateaued on pretty much everything so it looks like I am going to have to backup on the 1RM's for a few weeks. :icon_cry2

4 to 5 weeks ended up being about a year lol...

165 lbs SOHP at 165 lbs BW. Probably should've tried this earlier (did 160 lbs 8 months ago lol). Probably going to replace SOHP with either a second day of bench or push press in my 5/3/1 program.

Nice pressing! Congrats.

Btw, do you live in southern california? You look like someone that goes to the gym i go to (24hr fitness)

Nice pressing! Congrats.

Btw, do you live in southern california? You look like someone that goes to the gym i go to (24hr fitness)

Thanks man.

I've been living in the LA area for the past 4 months or so working at a law firm. In that period, I've been to the 24 hr fitness at Ocean Park, Pico, Sherman Oaks, and Glendale. So maybe you've seen me at one of those places?

I go to the glendale gym. I'm usually there 2x a week. I'll introduce myself to you next time i see you. It's always nice to meet people who knows how to lift.

Can I still get in on this? I was never a big press guy but as of late I've noted it as a weak lift. This should motivate me to work on it more, though I may have better luck losing 75 lbs. than adding it to my press. Here are my stats:

Current BW: 212.4 lbs.
Current SOHP: 135x4 lbs.

I press tomorrow. I'll update this with my 1RM then. I don't know about getting video though, so if the "race" requires video, I guess I'm doing this for my own personal benefit.

EDIT: Maybe I should see if I can hit 185 lbs. first. I'm a long way off from doing body weight.

I go to the glendale gym. I'm usually there 2x a week. I'll introduce myself to you next time i see you. It's always nice to meet people who knows how to lift.

Sounds good. Don't let the headphones and permanent scowl on my face deter you. I'm actually a pretty friendly guy. Haha

Back