Rabbit Hole Tavern- A safe place to complain about your spouse or partner

Got another one.

This is Parker.
20231231_150501~2.jpg

You may notice HE is wearing his sister's pink harness.

That is because my dumbass wife operates under strict "act now, think probably not at all" policy.

Now there are times when we benefit because she does get shit done quickly rather than take a minute to think things thru as is my standard process... but

In this particular instance, she managed to get his harness stuck because she buckled it with the wrong parts going together, and must have compounded her stupidity by using brute force to jam the square peg in the round hole.

Ironically the first time I laid eyes on my idiot wife was in the gifted and talented program for our town, I guess they will let just any old dumbfuck in that program.

@Pliny Pete @JoeyJoeJoeJr @Tone C

Joey admit that there is no woman grown object on the face of the earth bigger than Pliny's head. I mean did you see that thing, it has planets rotating around it.

I havent been able to wear a baseball cap since the 7th grade

giphy.gif

Every single time we go out to eat she doesn't like what she orders and wants half of mine.

Vacuums the entire house and then leaves the vacuum standing up in the middle of the living room for three days. (This one doesn't annoy me as much as just confuses me as to why)

As soon as she hears the Xbox turn on... "You have to help me clean this closet we haven't used in 2 years. It must be cleaned this instant! Come help me!"

Alright got one. This drives me out of my fucking mind.

Any time I play piano, my wife IMMEDIATELY has to come talk to me about some bullshit that could wait and that she has to known I couldn't possibly give a fuck about more than wanting to focus on music.

And I am a pretty damn considerate musician. If I am doing something repetitive, I'll put headphones on and spare the family's ears.

If I'm in the studio, writing music, even with the volume cranked up to a level I would assume would be much more annoying, and probably repeating sections and starting and stopping for editing, the type of shit I would find annoying as hell to listen to, she leaves me alone for HOURS.

So it is just specifically the piano. My primary instrument, and my favorite method of expressing creativity, my most valued personal outlet in life.. that my wife habitually interrupts.

Drives me out of my mind.
We had a brief little mini fight about it yesterday, mainly just me venting at her to leave me the fuck alone for at least 15 minutes and not pounce on me immediately as though my playing piano is to be viewed as an automatic invitation to interrupt me.
One thing I am realising is that women communicate very differently than us men. We say something to convey info. They make up a need to convey info in order to have a pretex to communicate.

My smokin hot wife (my mom) stormed into my deluxe man cave ( her basement) and caught me watching pronz (my little pony) and decided to help make the scene a reality (had me committed)

My wife and I are both self employed and work from home which is awesome. She has a job with a fixed schedule and I don't. Some nights we'll go to bed and she'll fall asleep at like 930 and be fully unconscious.

i haven't gone to sleep at 930 since I was eight years old. So typically I'll watch a movie on my phone with headphones on so as not to disturb her.

But some nights I have work to catch up on or an idea will pop into my head so I'll get up quietly and go do some work.

She will be completely unconscious when I leave the room. I'll get into my workshop and turn on my computer and start working and within five minutes I hear her up stomping around the house clearly annoyed that I'm not in bed. This will continue for the next two hours while I work. She'll get up every ten minutes and stomp into the bathroom and then back to bed.

It's enraging. Just sleep. You're tired. I'm not. Let me fucking work.

No complaints, got a great wife, keeping her happy keeps me happy.

This is my most generic and bland post ever, won't happen again.

Happy New Year to all Sherbros and Shersisters all over the world !.

Back