Rabbit Hole Tavern- A safe place to complain about your spouse or partner

My girl has no concept of temperature or temperature control, I think she honestly believes that the laws of physics will just bend to her will if she believes hard enough, dosnt matter if it’s 30 below outside , I’ll just leave the door open because “I’m only going to be a minute“ , ok here’s an idea shut the fucking door for a minute and then open it again. Also I’m not sure if anyone is aware of this but if it’s a thousand degrees outside and you want to cool down “open a window“ I didn’t know this but if you make a hole in your house or car by opening a window that hole magically takes the hot air from outside and makes it cold .when questioned about why she would turn off the central air in the middle of July and open all the windows in the house so now our lives are totally uncomfortable a popular answer is ”I’m just trying to get some air in here”. Ok what the fuck have we been breathing all this time before you did that .
Also you need to bugger with the thermostat 10 times a day until you fuck it up and it takes me an hour to fix it , I’ve recently told her that if she keeps it up I’m going to buy one of those clear lockboxes for thermostats they have in grade schools so the little kids can’t play with it

The wife loves to keep conversations going after they've ended, right as I leave the room. I'll turn and leave the room, and one second later she'll say something that requires me to turn back around and re enter the room. She does this like fifteen times a day.

My wife loves to say, "we're leaving at 4:30 we have to be there on time" So I will be ready at 4, watch her ditz around, start some non-related project, then head for the shower about 4:23. Then we'll be racing to wherever it is we're supposed to have been "on time", with me super stressed out, and her acting like it couldn't possibly be her fault or asking why am I mad while I'm weaving in and out of traffic like AJ Foyt in his heyday (Look him up youngsters), trying to make up the 25 minutes of post shower hair drying and makeup-ing. I mean do the fucking math and figure out how long a shower and doing your makeup takes......

Or the other move is we're on time, we're actually all in the car and ready to go, and she'll go oh I forgot something, and run in to the house and be in there mysteriously long, now making us late, and come out with her sunglasses or some frigging chapstick and I have to become Mario Andretti (wikipedia is your friend when talking with old people like me) so that she didn't have to squint and/or have dried out lips...

Last edited:
My Wife suffers from Narcolepsy. When she is about to blink out, it's not uncommon for really dumb shit to pour from her mouth. For instance. The day after X-Mas we had a couple of our adult Children and their SO's over for Dinner. I was sharing the story about how few of my Dad's things I ended up with when he passed in '08. I had just finished saying the sentimental value of the things I do have is far more important than the monetary value of the things pilferred from his estate. That's when Wifey fought off the nods long enough to say "We should sell it all on FB Marketplace."

The kids and I have all heard her say some pretty savage shit while being semi conscious, our guests were seeing it for the very first time though. AWKWARD! Of course, my Wife perks back up, but she is too stubborn to back down immediately and doubles down on how bad we need the $3 we would get from selling his rotted fishing gear. 2X AWKWARD.

I knew instanlty what had happened, still pretty infuriating. I went to sleep a bit salty lol. She wakes me up early A.M. panicked.

Her: Mom and Dad were in an accident, they are both in the Hospital.

Me: (from a dead sleep) We should sell their stuff! (Wife and kids not humored, but Pops had a painful belly laugh when I told him.)

(Pops did break his shoulder, and a couple ribs. Ma is just sore)

Side note. Pops is 92. He wasn't ticketed even though the accident was his fault. But it still might be the end of his driving days😟

Last edited:
Snoring - even though I likely snore exponentially worse I only notice hers lol and she falls asleep so damn fast.

-She hates spicy so everything she cooks is usually pretty bland. I got add hot sauce or pepper to most dishes.

- her need to vocally correct me or the kids in public for literally anything. She feels bad after n appilogizes but it cause of our biggest fights.

- acting annoyed I work alot of overtime but always talking about all the stuff we need to buy <{hfved}>

- she doesn't clean really she straightens . This annoys me to no end.. if im working 55 hours a week in construction (electrical) , kids are essentially out of house there's no excuse for not really cleaning.

So many things mentioned here are similar in other marriages...​

I tell my kids once you put something online it's there forever in some form. I take that advice to heart.
Absolute fact. Learned that in my DOS class in '94.​

I can’t wait until my new house is built. Living in one of my rental units but my girlfriend has enough clothes to fill an entire room. Her stuff is everywhere and it drives me nuts. She also takes it out, tries it on them doesn’t put it back so there’s just clothes everywhere.

Don't really have any complaints about my wife. Now both of our mothers, I could fill an entire library with books full of complaints about them.

Don't really have any complaints about my wife. Now both of our mothers, I could fill an entire library with books full of complaints about them.
there is now an in-laws thread and I would love to read that book when it is posted there.

Back