Question for you guys about street fights..

I've been in a fair number of street fights. I didn't keep track of my "record" :) as it were but I admit I got my ass kicked a few times and also hurt some people pretty bad too. Had over a hundred stitches and staples put in my head and face when I was a lad from being bottled, glassed and got a pretty big scar running through my right eye from a stanley knife. Not proud of it but it is what it is. I got bullied when I was a kid and soon learned that sometimes words just weren't enough to get me out of sticky situations. There are a lot of bad people out there.

not true. one time in college these guys in my frat but at another school came to my college. they were dorks. at about 2 am walking back from the bar i see three of them walking together talking about just getting in a fight and talking about how bad they got their asses kicked. it was like they were trying to one up the other about how bad they got the shit beat out of them, like they were trying to get a prize

fuck an a did i just want to start beating the shit out of them right there and then

They were walking huh? Must have been one helluva a fight. Like I said, not many people have been in a fight where the other person wants to hurt them badly. Ill intent, just trying to fucking kill you.

Never have in either High School or adult life. Still can't really imagine a situation where I would be forced into an altercation with someone. I can run pretty fast soooo...

There have been times where I would have, but I chickened out because he had more friends with him than I had with me. You just can't trust dudes to fight 1 on 1 anymore.

99% of street fights in SD are due to some asshole marines.

I've never been in a real street fight as an adult. Last time I got in a fight was my senior year of HS. Some kid spit on me so I punched him in the head, then it got broken up.
I trained with a retired infantry marine. He realized that once the us gov took their gun back, he was no longer a bad ass and it sort of freaked him out.

He was just like anyone else with no formal martial arts training- terrible.

And I'm 30 with several years of mma training, emphasis on Dutch kick boxing and one Ammy fight. 5'10 145 lbs. I'm small enough and laid back that no one gets in my face. I'm not against a good honest street fight though

There have been times where I would have, but I chickened out because he had more friends with him than I had with me. You just can't trust dudes to fight 1 on 1 anymore.

That's the troof

My wife's uncle was deep into that Filipino martial art and would go into bars just to pick fights. He was pretty nuts but by all accounts a scary mother fucker. My father in law told me a story where he had to pull a gun on him to keep him from killing a dude that he had just knocked out. There's just some people out there that have nothing better going on with their lives I guess.

1 win, no losses, one no contest.
both were with my gf's ex husband. i humiliated him in less than 30 seconds. we hit each other once, then a clinch ensued. i hip tossed him and transitioned into an arm triangle. let his worthless arse up right before blacking out, and i started talking mad shit which made him cry. then about a year and a half later he came back around with a baseball bat, so i chased him off with a 14 in carbon steel razor blade i use to open coconuts. POS comes back 3 hours later with a bow and arrows threatens me with death, so i call the cops and sent him to jail.

i will bump this thread if he ever shows his tweaker face again and i am forced to kick his ass once more. although it will not be pretty if it ever happens again.... the can via whatever the can wants.

I'm 38 and I don't go to bars. I haven't been in a fight since HS. I train MMA just because it's fun.

They were walking huh? Must have been one helluva a fight. Like I said, not many people have been in a fight where the other person wants to hurt them badly. Ill intent, just trying to fucking kill you.

yes, i should have beat them until they could not walk. i concur.

A guy clipped me intentionally while I was holding pads for him so I pancrased him across the side of the head with my right and he hit the deck then crawled out of the ring. My coach chased him out of the gym immediately after, literally kicking him in the ass on the way.

1-0 I suppose. I'm good at avoiding trouble.

And I'm 30 with several years of mma training, emphasis on Dutch kick boxing and one Ammy fight. 5'10 145 lbs. I'm small enough and laid back that no one gets in my face. I'm not against a good honest street fight though
I'm about your size and no one gets in my face either. I did however jumped in to stop a couple of fights.

I very rarely see any fights though. Pretty easy going around here.

I'm assuming he said it was because he didn't know the rules.

Because if he knew the rules he wouldn't have allowed Tripp to throw him like a rag doll.

Let's not forget ronda's coach - Gokor who claims to be, coincidentally enough, 400-0 mostly in judo. You would think a guy like that in judo might have a world championship gold or olympic gold but as unstoppable as he was he decided not to hog the hardware.

1 win, no losses, one no contest.
both were with my gf's ex husband. i humiliated him in less than 30 seconds. we hit each other once, then a clinch ensued. i hip tossed him and transitioned into an arm triangle. let his worthless arse up right before blacking out, and i started talking mad shit which made him cry. then about a year and a half later he came back around with a baseball bat, so i chased him off with a 14 in carbon steel razor blade i use to open coconuts. POS comes back 3 hours later with a bow and arrows threatens me with death, so i call the cops and sent him to jail.

i will bump this thread if he ever shows his tweaker face again and i am forced to kick his ass once more. although it will not be pretty if it ever happens again.... the can via whatever the can wants.

LOL you did it wrong. He comes with bow an arrow, you get a gun. He comes back with an RPG, you roll up with a tank. Get it?

Everyone wants to be a hero and talk about all their wins. At my age I don't want to fight and feel depressed after fighting. Let's put it this way, my dad showed me how to throw a left hook like Joe Frazier and a left hook like Muhammed Ali in the buildup to Ali-Frazier I, and I already knew what a kimura was but didn't know the name "kimura" in 1968. I'm old as f&%*. My last fight was two years ago against a 20 year-old who was about 6' 200 pounds more or less. I won but I'm going to skip all that crap.

I was attacked by someone that I was arguing with. I had got out of bed in a hurry to give this person a ride to an appointment a 30 minute drive away. I threw on the first pair of pants that I could find but didn't grab a belt. I figured that I would drop this person off and go home without ever getting out of the car.

When we got to the destination we had an argument with the other person standing outside of the car with the backdoor on the passenger side open. I was in the driver's seat. He proceeded to get in a kneeling position in the backseat and without warning hit me as hard as he could in the back of the head twice and he wasn't stopping. I opened the driver's door and he exited the car on the passenger side. As I stalked him around the corner of the car, I vaguely took note that my pants were VERY loose. We were directly in front of the public library of a town of 40,000 people. We squared off and as I raised my hands my PANTS FELL. I grabbed them with my left hand, and as I did he threw a short right hand, I rolled with the punch and it did no damage other than knocking my glasses off. At this point I'm faced with the choice of fighting the remainder of the fight in my boxer shorts with my pants at my ankles or use a hand to hold up my pants, which I had already tried with little success. I decided to forget about the pants.

I'll stop the narrative there. How's that for glory? This happened 30 miles from where Tim Sylvia grew up. Yes, it was an embarrassing incident involving shorts - no there was no stain involved. I was told that a police officer watched the entire episode from 100 feet away in his car on a corner street. I think he didn't arrest me because once I gained the top mount position I never punched him. In fact, I let him hit me about 20 times in the top of the head/ forehead which doesn't hurt until he calmed down and realized that I wasn't going to hurt him. He appreciated that I let him up. When I got off him my face scrapped across the prickly hedge and made multiple long scratches from above my eye to my cheek. It looked like he had scratched me very badly but he didn't. When I threw him he landed with his head just under the hedge. (When he got up there was a massive divot in the hard packed soil. He must have taken one hell of a shot to the head when he landed head first but he didn't go unconscious and never appeared hurt.)

This incident was ridiculous, and I told my daughter about it over the telephone the same day because I was such a buffoon (My kids always like to think of their Dad as a fool.) I must have looked like one crazy old man in my boxers with my pants around my ankles trying to do my best Roberto Duran imitation. What a loser!

Everyone wants to be a hero and talk about all their wins. At my age I don't want to fight and feel depressed after fighting. Let's put it this way, my dad showed me how to throw a left hook like Joe Frazier and a left hook like Muhammed Ali in the buildup to Ali-Frazier I, and I already knew what a kimura was but didn't know the name "kimura" in 1968. I'm old as f&%*. My last fight was two years ago against a 20 year-old who was about 6' 200 pounds more or less. I won but I'm going to skip all that crap.

I was attacked by someone that I was arguing with. I had got out of bed in a hurry to give this person a ride to an appointment a 30 minute drive away. I threw on the first pair of pants that I could find but didn't grab a belt. I figured that I would drop this person off and go home without ever getting out of the car.

When we got to the destination we had an argument with the other person standing outside of the car with the backdoor on the passenger side open. I was in the driver's seat. He proceeded to get in a kneeling position in the backseat and without warning hit me as hard as he could in the back of the head twice and he wasn't stopping. I opened the driver's door and he exited the car on the passenger side. As I stalked him around the corner of the car, I vaguely took note that my pants were VERY loose. We were directly in front of the public library of a town of 40,000 people. We squared off and as I raised my hands my PANTS FELL. I grabbed them with my left hand, and as I did he threw a short right hand, I rolled with the punch and it did no damage other than knocking my glasses off. At this point I'm faced with the choice of fighting the remainder of the fight in my boxer shorts with my pants at my ankles or use a hand to hold up my pants, which I had already tried with little success. I decided to forget about the pants.

I'll stop the narrative there. How's that for glory? This happened 30 miles from where Tim Sylvia grew up. Yes, it was an embarrassing incident involving shorts - no there was no stain involved. I was told that a police officer watched the entire episode from 100 feet away in his car on a corner street. I think he didn't arrest me because once I gained the top mount position I never punched him. In fact, I let him hit me about 20 times in the top of the head/ forehead which doesn't hurt until he calmed down and realized that I wasn't going to hurt him. He appreciated that I let him up. When I got off him my face scrapped across the prickly hedge and made multiple long scratches from above my eye to my cheek. It looked like he had scratched me very badly but he didn't. When I threw him he landed with his head just under the hedge. (When he got up there was a massive divot in the hard packed soil. He must have taken one hell of a shot to the head when he landed head first but he didn't go unconscious and never appeared hurt.)

This incident was ridiculous, and I told my daughter about it over the telephone the same day because I was such a buffoon (My kids always like to think of their Dad as a fool.) I must have looked like one crazy old man in my boxers with my pants around my ankles trying to do my best Roberto Duran imitation. What a loser!

Quite the story, where you from Calais Maine. =D

Got out the pen and paper after reading the thread. I'm sure I'm forgetting some but the final tally is 44-8 with three avenged losses. Never did get severely beat down but have been punked in front of a number of people a few times. Smacked around by bullies, avoiding fights, walking back into the bar to avoid a fight, etc...

No, seems like a stupid thing to do when I can be drinking and laughing at some other moron getting into a street fight.

no surprise sherdoggers are gods though. wonder how many of these stories are made up. some of them have just too much detail know what i mean? "i transitioned to crucifix from side control" ya sure ya did bud.

Got in a brawl on the patio of some bar. Ran off and continued the night only to find out a week later I had a warrant for my arrest. Put guy in the hospital. Luckily a great lawyer, witness testimony, and security footage saved me from doing state time.

Like a year before that I H-Bombed some dude right out on Hollywood Blvd.

My temper ran hot but now I'm less stupid than I used to be. Don't fight people.

Back