Question for you guys about street fights..

One of my best friends since childhood is a maniac Mexican. A prototypical "likes to fight guy" (see video I posted earlier in this thread). He has been in countless bar fights and has since retired from going to bars altogether because he knows he has no self-control and will eventually go to prison if he keeps it up.

Anyways, the last time I went to a bar with him was 13 years ago. There was a group of about six of us drinking heavily and out of nowhere some random drunk guy with a British accent starts mouthing off to us for no apparent reason. He had a group of wasted friends also.

One thing led to another and everyone is in the parking lot. Reasonable voices on both sides de-escalate and both crews begin to walk away and call it a night. But of course my maniac buddy is so enraged that after walking away about ten steps he turns back towards their group and yells "fuck it. fuck these guys" and proceeds to run full sprint at them.

It was basically a 5 vs. 5 throw down in the parking lot with a crowd watching including the bouncers who were probably laughing. My crazy friend ended up biting a dude's back and the guy yelled "you're fucking biting me!" and my buddy responded "god damn right I am!"

The story ends terribly with yours truly going toe to toe dropping a guy but making the mistake of mounting him. When I had him mounted, one of his friends ran over and kicked me in the side of the face. Flash KO. Next thing I know there are two dudes standing over me kicking me all over. I remember noticing they had skate shoes on and weren't very big guys. I remember thinking to myself "Thank god they aren't roided up dudes with boots on". I would have had my head caved in. Police sirens are heard and everyone scrambles off leaving me alone covered in blood.

I got cut bad below my eye above the cheekbone. When I stood up to face the cops, my buddy said I was covered in blood. The cops made me get in an ambulance. I told them no that I would take a taxi or have a friend drive because I didn't want to pay for an ambulance. The cop said "get in the ambulance or I will arrest you". The ER doctor said it was a deep cut all the way to the bone. 13 years later and I still have a scar.

All this because my asshole friend couldn't just walk away.

One of my best friends since childhood is a maniac Mexican. A prototypical "likes to fight guy" (see video I posted earlier in this thread). He has been in countless bar fights and has since retired from going to bars altogether because he knows he has no self-control and will eventually go to prison if he keeps it up.

Anyways, the last time I went to a bar with him was 13 years ago. There was a group of about six of us drinking heavily and out of nowhere some random drunk guy with a British accent starts mouthing off to us for no apparent reason. He had a group of wasted friends also.

One thing led to another and everyone is in the parking lot. Reasonable voices on both sides de-escalate and both crews begin to walk away and call it a night. But of course my maniac buddy is so enraged that after walking away about ten steps he turns back towards their group and yells "fuck it. fuck these guys" and proceeds to run full sprint at them.

It was basically a 5 vs. 5 throw down in the parking lot with a crowd watching including the bouncers who were probably laughing. My crazy friend ended up biting a dude's back and the guy yelled "you're fucking biting me!" and my buddy responded "god damn right I am!"

The story ends terribly with yours truly going toe to toe dropping a guy but making the mistake of mounting him. When I had him mounted, one of his friends ran over and kicked me in the side of the face. Flash KO. Next thing I know there are two dudes standing over me kicking me all over. I remember noticing they had skate shoes on and weren't very big guys. I remember thinking to myself "Thank god they aren't roided up dudes with boots on". I would have had my head caved in. Police sirens are heard and everyone scrambles off leaving me alone covered in blood.

I got cut bad below my eye above the cheekbone. When I stood up to face the cops, my buddy said I was covered in blood. The cops made me get in an ambulance. I told them no that I would take a taxi or have a friend drive because I didn't want to pay for an ambulance. The cop said "get in the ambulance or I will arrest you". The ER doctor said it was a deep cut all the way to the bone. 13 years later and I still have a scar.

Did you shit your pants when you were unconscious?

23-7 everyone punches above their weight now and again.

haven't been in any since i've been out of high school.. we used to go to other schools and stir it up and find out who the tough guys were and go fight them.

23-7 everyone punches above their weight now and again.

haven't been in any since i've been out of high school.. we used to go to other schools and stir it up and find out who the tough guys were and go fight them.
Of your 7 losses, how many were via worldstar KO or submission(strikes)?

I had the crap kicked out of me by a group of football players at a McGill pub night when I was 20.

Haven't been a Redmen fan since.

3ko
1 choke sub
3 dudes just stopped
Can i ask for brief summary of your KO losses?

I'm really intrigued, as i've only seen a handful of people admit to defeat in this way.

I had that friend too, except he was a white kid with daddy issues. Nobody was ever able to reason him into walking away though. Pretty sure this kid has been in more fights than Kimbo Slice. He would actually win more often than not out of sheer toughness (and a fucked up knuckle that could have been classified as a weapon on his right hand from multiple breaks), but whenever he lost a fight, he always lost spectacularly. I'll never forget the time he was triangle choked into unconsciousness at a concert. I cut off ties with him once we graduated high school. I can only imagine that he is still getting into fights today, maybe even right this very moment. If he isn't locked up that is. Or dead.

one i got kneed in the face trying to get up. another was a punch in the ear and the other i don't remember i heard it was a punch but i also hear i got hit by something... nothing glamorous like a flying roundhouse or spinning back fist.

Can i ask for brief summary of your KO losses?

I'm really intrigued, as i've only seen a handful of people admit to defeat in this way.

This.

Every time I hear guys talking about getting in fights, they imply they have never lost any. If they have, it's, "he sucker punched me" or some shit. Somewhere out there is a guy who has had his ass kicked a million times because every man child I talk to is undefeated. Most guys think they are tough because they had a high school tussle back in the day and won. While Sherdog may be an exception due to the amount of people who train, most men have never really been punched in the face, really been in a street fight, or really had someone come after them who wants to hurt them badly.

one i got kneed in the face trying to get up. another was a punch in the ear and the other i don't remember i heard it was a punch but i also hear i got hit by something... nothing glamorous like a flying roundhouse or spinning back fist.
How about the aftermath? Did you awake to worldstar crowds? Were you mocked the next day and made to feel shame? Did you contemplate suicide?

This.

Every time I hear guys talking about getting in fights, they imply they have never lost any. If they have, it's, "he sucker punched me" or some shit. Somewhere out there is a guy who has had his ass kicked a million times because every man child I talk to is undefeated. Most guys think they are tough because they had a high school tussle back in the day and won. While Sherdog may be an exception due to the amount of people who train, most men have never really been punched in the face, really been in a street fight, or really had someone come after them who wants to hurt them badly.

not true. one time in college these guys in my frat but at another school came to my college. they were dorks. at about 2 am walking back from the bar i see three of them walking together talking about just getting in a fight and talking about how bad they got their asses kicked. it was like they were trying to one up the other about how bad they got the shit beat out of them, like they were trying to get a prize

fuck an a did i just want to start beating the shit out of them right there and then

I can still look at myself in the mirror after having been punched in the face...

Its in the genes man. If you're gonna fight, shits gonna happen.

Likewise worked the door and had a fair number of evictions.

Got jumped by a guy who sucker punched me a couple of years ago. I was sitting down, I came to walking him down deflecting blows with my forehead. He fell and I assumed mount pinning his right arm with my leg and I threatened to remove his eyeball. He screamed like a girl, I let him up and he threatened to get 'tooled up' and meet us back at the park in 10.

I told him he could have the park bench or whatever he was fighting over and we moved the party to mine round the corner.

I had a barely noticeable bruise on my eye socket.

Its in the genes man. If you're gonna fight, shits gonna happen.

Likewise worked the door and had a fair number of evictions.

Got jumped by a guy who sucker punched me a couple of years ago. I was sitting down, I came to walking him down deflecting blows with my forehead. He fell and I assumed mount pinning his right arm with my leg and I threatened to remove his eyeball. He screamed like a girl, I let him up and he threatened to get 'tooled up' and meet us back at the park in 10.

I told him he could have the park bench or whatever he was fighting over and we moved the party to mine round the corner.

I had a barely noticeable bruise on my eye socket.

One day you and I are going to get pissed, exchange drinking, diaper changing, fighting and beard stories.

How about the aftermath? Did you awake to worldstar crowds? Were you mocked the next day and made to feel shame? Did you contemplate suicide?

friends would always stick around and make sure you're alright. generally crowds go with the winners. no and no (well not more than usual)

Back