Question for you guys about street fights..

Where you live does make a difference. I can see getting into that many fights in my old neighborhood.

How did you guys get in so many fights unless you were looking for trouble? I grew up in the ghetto and I've only been in one minor fight my whole lifetime.

Last fight I got into was so badass. I was in the frat club (if you call it like that) and while I was walking up the stairs some guy coming from the other direction blocked my path with his arm talking shit. With both hands I calmly grabbed his hand from the railing, twisted it and laid him out on the ground. I was too drunk to fight and his friends just said something like: Yeah, I would move on if i where you. So I walked on. The funny thing is, no matter how shitfaced I am, it's something I'll always remember and always works. If someone touches me i just grab his hand/fingers with both hands and twist that shit.

I never hurt someone (bad) and I never got hurt, so that's nice since I go out 3x a week. The trick for me is to never escalate nor deescalate. Just be calm. Don't push, don't scream, don't threaten anyone and do not even raise your voice. It scares the shit out of people and they don't feel like they have to prove themselves. Staying calm also drastically improves your fighting. Also roughly 75% of guys you can scare away by acting all mma'ish. Just move you're hands around and switch stances, only do that when people are coming for you since it can escalate things.

Last edited:
How did you guys get in so many fights unless you were looking for trouble? I grew up in the ghetto and I've only been in one minor fight my whole lifetime.

They were looking for trouble.

There's got to be something wrong with someone if they get into violence because someone looks at them the wrong way or calls them a naughty name.

I've been in a few. Really fucked Rickson up one time but he thought it was a no punching fight and I got disqualified.

I don't think I've ever come even remotely close to being in a fist fight as an adult.

7-0-1

The draw was from a fight when I was 19 and we both gassed and basically said "fair play" and actually had a beer after.

These days, I can either spot them before they happen and leave or talk my way out of them.

I absolutely hate seeing streetfights in person or on video, especially if someone is getting a bad beating.
Never even liked seeing fights at school, it just makes me feel sick.

Yet I love controlled violence as in MMA and boxing.
But uncontrolled violence no.

I think that unless you come from an incredibly bad neighbourhood then there is no reason or excuse to have ever gotten into loads of fights.
It makes me laugh when people have had loads of fights and then claim they don't go looking for trouble - yes they do.

I think there is something wrong psychologically for someone who enjoys getting into streetfights too, i'm sure studies must have been done on it

Thus spoke the berry's resident psychoanalyst. No shit Sigmund.

Once a guy wanted my shit, I told him politely no, dude started swinging. Some places violence just happens easier. Sometimes you get selected for violence because of how you look. I've been picked before, I assume, because I'm the biggest person around and just by existing I challenge their social dominance.

I am very well mannered, well adjusted and non confrontational.

My town is a country town as well and next to a commando base, there's more people who throw down for fun than in more 'cultured' destinations.

Not since HS.

I maybe got into some minor scuffles while breaking up fights that my knuckle head friends got into during my bar hopping days... but I wouldn't say I was in a "fight". I've always been a super easy going guy who pretty much gets along with everybody... plus I am a really big/strong guy, so people don't typically go out of their way to start something with me for no reason.

Street fight record: 0-0-0

Bitch Fight Record: 2-0-0

Bitch fights were the school fights as a kid where you were both too scared to throw a punch so you just wrestled and maybe did body shots.

I'm about 20-3-2 and that's not counting intense wresting matches or rag dollings

I'm in my late 40's now and I'd say I used to get into a brawl maybe every six months in my younger days. I have to admit that too often it happened when I was half p!ssed, but been a biker and Irish wouldn't help now would it :icon_lol:

side note

i witnessed a road rage altercation where one dude didnt let another dude merge in front of him

they both exited their cars, appearing ready to throw down...i shit you not, one guy visibly slipped in a mouthpiece and squared up about to approach the other guy

the other guy eventually tucked and got back in his car
im not sure if mouthpiece guy was a true badass or if he was posturing

true story

side note

i witnessed a road rage altercation where one dude didnt let another dude merge in front of him

they both exited their cars, appearing ready to throw down...i shit you not, one guy visibly slipped in a mouthpiece and squared up about to approach the other guy

the other guy eventually tucked and got back in his car
im not sure if mouthpiece guy was a true badass or if he was posturing

true story

LOL I'm keeping a mouthpiece in my car now.

2 or so but always gets broken up and usually cause im with dummy friends.

Back