Question for the McGoat haters...

I tend to pull for hometown guys more. Plus more about their experiences to relate to obviously. It's not one of the higher criteria for me as to who I am a fan of but it makes some difference to me normally.

I'm not a Conor hater though. I just don't like his style of talking. But I get why he does it. So long as he fights hard I will respect his work inside the cage.

Just last night a Conor fan was claiming he's the most versatile striker in mma. Greatest Featherweight of all time, best lightweight on the planet, could go all the way up to heavyweight and win all the belts, is going to beat RDA faster than Aldo because RDA is a bum, as well as acting like a rematch with long time champion Jose Aldo is pointless because the fight ended in 13 seconds.

Don't get me wrong. He's a very good striker, and may very well be a top lightweight as well, but the idiots running around here acting like he's the best fighter to ever put on 4oz gloves really do ruin the experience for everyone else.
I think some Conor fans just enjoy a bit of trolling when it comes to saying things like he can go up to heavyweight, I'm surprised anyone would get annoyed at a remark like that that is clearly a joke.(Beating Lawler is not out of the question though)

As far as being the most versatile striker, he's certainly in the conversation, Wonderboy, TJ, Aldo, Jones, MM would be big contenders also, but whoever you think it is, it could hardly be classed as over the top to have the opinion that Conor is.

Is he the greatest FW of all time, depends what you mean by the greatest?... If we're comparing Conor and Aldo's FW career's in terms of the number of top wins and longevity, then Aldo wins, but if you view that question as who is the best(highest level) FW fighter of all time then it's quite simple, Conor beat Aldo when both men where in their physical prime, so again it could not be over the top to suggest that.

Will he beat RDA in 13 seconds or less, highly unlikely, but I do consider RDA to be just ever so slightly lower quality overall to Aldo, and 11 of Conor's 19 wins have been KO's inside 2 minutes, so even though I predict Conor will win with a 2nd round KO, he does have a history of fast finishes.

The Aldo rematch is 100% worthy, but I for one am glad it's not likely to happen until the end of the year as I was getting a bit tired of that rivalry.

My hometown already has a goat. No room for anyone else.

I don't watch cricket all to be honest. I only notice it when it pops up on SKY Sports News, but I remember a few years ago when Australia were playing England there was a whole outrage about the Australian players acting like schmucks playing......Cricket?

I watch the Rugby as well and sometimes the Super 15 games, when Phil Kearns is commentating, he sounds like a complete bogan:

cool opinion i went to the same school as Phil kearns one of the most expensive schools in syd/aus he came to our school for talks/speeches numerous times he sounds nothing like a bogan, you've probably never been to any true "bogan" areas so you probably have no idea of what a real bogan is.

cool opinion i went to the same school as Phil kearns one of the most expensive schools in syd/aus he came to our school for talks/speeches numerous times he sounds nothing like a bogan, you've probably never been to any true "bogan" areas so you probably have no idea of what a real bogan is.

I'd assume they wear wife beaters, drink cheap beer, have mullets and have nicknames that make them sound tough. And you're right, I've never being or have no wish to know fully what a bogan is.

Why would you think that arguably the most exciting fighter inside and outside of the Octagon would lose 7/8 of his fanbase for losing to one of the best p4p fighters in MMA?

It makes no sense, Conor is basically as good as it gets from a fans point of view, he's won every fight accept one by KO, he's a very active fighter, he wants to take on the best fighters at higher weight classes and he's raising the bar for future fighter pay.

I feel like his haters hate him for proving them wrong so many times, and proving his fans right over and over again.

Cuz you make it hard to be an active fan around here.

The only thing worse than Conor fanboys and haters are those that don't understand the opposite opinion.

Cuz you make it hard to be an active fan around here.
I do enjoy calling people out who make stupid comments, so I can understand why that would make things difficult for you in particular.

But all you have to do is stop saying stupid things and you'll be fine, I'll let you be.

I do enjoy calling people who make stupid comments out on said comments, so I can understand why that would make things difficult for you in particular.

But all you have to do is stop saying stupid things and you'll be fine, I'll Let you be.

Says the guy who gets mad because someone criticized McGregor.

Says the guy who gets mad because someone criticized McGregor.
Zzzzzzz....

This is your go to response, it's pish patter, you bore me, at least some of the other haters are kinda funny.

I'm not really keen on the Conor side show, but I enjoy his fighting ability. If he were from my hometown, I'd be cordial as I would to anyone else. I have no idea what Conor is like in a personal setting, might be a decent guy to converse with in private.

Conor beat Aldo when both men where in their physical prime, so again it could not be over the top to suggest that.
Aldo was not at his physical prime in that fight, maybe go back a few years. Your boy may have a history of fast finishes but he also does have a somewhat history of getting finished fast - 2 sub losses or "quits" in the first round - so watch out for the 3rd degree BJJ black belt honey

McGregor has no real fans.

Just a poor troll attempt which noobs didn't get the memo on... so impressionable teens, neckbeards, and oppressed geeks joined a "movement" which really wasn't.

True story, deal with it :cool:
Damn, tell them how you really feel.

Aldo was not at his physical prime in that fight, maybe go back a few years. Your boy may have a history of fast finishes but he also does have a somewhat history of getting finished fast - 2 sub losses or "quits" in the first round - so watch out for the 3rd degree BJJ black belt honey
Honey?

RDA only has 2 sub wins in his long UFC career, hardly a track record of submission dominance.

Oh and by that standard RDA has a track recorded of getting ko'd.

tumblr_m5f5nflds61ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Sometimes I pee myself laughing at Conor's haters and how and they want so much for him to fail. Then I pee myself laughing at how Conor's dickriders get sensitive about anyone that doesn't masturbate over his shirtless selfies and think he's going to wreck the entire UFC. It's these impressionable sheep that keep this forum readable, in my opinion.

In the past it's been Pride vs UFC. Then BJ vs GSP. It's important for this forum to have something that these kids can rally for or against.

my home town is full of douchebags. so, simply put, no.

I swear...Conor's nut sack is more crowded than a Japanese subway train

Back