Question for the McGoat haters...

Brasil Wand has been made to look like a fool for the last couple of years by Conor, his post history regarding Conor provides some excellent comic relief though.

His idol is a
i totally agree with cricket. the aussie cricket players have always been fuck heads, from the time i remember, mark taylor, ian healy, mark and steve waugh, brett lee, shane warne, andrew symmonds, then take it forward to steve smith and dave warner. all fucking twats.

phil kearns used to have his head on properly.

he ran over his 19 month old child in his drive way because the kid jumped behind the car when he was backing out, nearly killing her in the process. i think that definitely fucked him up.

but take a look at the likes of john eales, george gregan, stephan larkham, bernard foley (actually this kid was the year below me at my school i went to) they are all great smart gentleman and good ambassadors for the game.

Left out Tim Horan - shame on you. I could understand a row breaking out on a cricket field from someone throwing one of those balls at a batsman's head intentionally or something like that, not sure if something like that is done to keep the crowd interested or not, but you usually can hear an Australian before you see them.

I remember reading that about Kearns' kid, that must've messed him up. James O'Connor is another who went a bit off the rails before he left to play in Europe.

Why would you think that arguably the most exciting fighter inside and outside of the Octagon would lose 7/8 of his fanbase for losing to one of the best p4p fighters in MMA?

It makes no sense, Conor is basically as good as it gets from a fans point of view, he's won every fight accept one by KO, he's a very active fighter, he wants to take on the best fighters at higher weight classes and he's raising the bar for future fighter pay.

I feel like his haters hate him for proving them wrong so many times, and proving his fans right over and over again.
Preach that shit

Im 50% irish 50% italian i look at mcgregor like a brother. Ill die for that man and he has his own section in my nightly ritual as i pray to conor my god.

Conor bless

Calling out his fanboys does not = hating on Conor.

Unless of course you take that and everything slightly Conor related personal, in which case you would be a fanboy aswell.
Well I am a fan. And a male so I'm happy with boy. I don't take it personal however. I just find it comical how angry you get at Conor. And let's face it, you're not just calling out his fans. You actually seem to hate Conor. But then again you seem to be a wand fan so irrational anger may come natural to you.

Just commenting on his fans. Not wand ;)

Why would you think that arguably the most exciting fighter inside and outside of the Octagon would lose 7/8 of his fanbase for losing to one of the best p4p fighters in MMA?

It makes no sense, Conor is basically as good as it gets from a fans point of view, he's won every fight accept one by KO, he's a very active fighter, he wants to take on the best fighters at higher weight classes and he's raising the bar for future fighter pay.

I feel like his haters hate him for proving them wrong so many times, and proving his fans right over and over again.

I don't think anyone dislikes Conor for "proving them wrong" so much as they dislike when his fans say things like that.

It is refreshing to see the recognition of RDA's skill, though. Clearly you are one of the more rational Conor fans. If many Conor fans would drop the hyperbole and over the top claims I feel like he would be much more well received.

Well I am a fan. And a male so I'm happy with boy. I don't take it personal however. I just find it comical how angry you get at Conor. And let's face it, you're not just calling out his fans. You actually seem to hate Conor. But then again you seem to be a wand fan so irrational anger may come natural to you.

Just commenting on his fans. Not wand ;)

So that explains everything, you took my comments personal. However, irrational would actually be closer to what you're doing... I.e. Getting upset over your favorite fighters plebeian fanbase being poked fun at and resort to call me a Conor hater.

As for me, I did pick Mendes and Aldo in their fights against Conor BUT prior to that picked Conor in each and every single fight of his in the UFC. I also celebrated with MMA fans when he defeated Aldo and gave major props. Heck even partake in some Aldo shoops myself.

I just can't see how a rational minded person could overlook the fact that Conors fanbase mostly consists of an insecure and unintentionally comedic bunch vicariously living through Conor antics.

It's just funny lol.

BTW I didn't know there was a stigma that followed Wand fans as having "irrational anger", care to explain?

Last edited:
His idol is a

Left out Tim Horan - shame on you. I could understand a row breaking out on a cricket field from someone throwing one of those balls at a batsman's head intentionally or something like that, not sure if something like that is done to keep the crowd interested or not, but you usually can hear an Australian before you see them.

I remember reading that about Kearns' kid, that must've messed him up. James O'Connor is another who went a bit off the rails before he left to play in Europe.
i did leave out tim horan. shame on me. also left out joe roff, stirling mortlock, and a bunch of stylish cats that i have nothing but praise for how they conduct themselves on and off the field.

good pick on james o'connor. that little shit could have been something spectacular.

this is the funniest fight i remember from cricket. and it is so much funnier then dave warner punching joe root in a pub. thats fucking disgraceful.

I don't think anyone dislikes Conor for "proving them wrong" so much as they dislike when his fans say things like that.

It is refreshing to see the recognition of RDA's skill, though. Clearly you are one of the more rational Conor fans. If many Conor fans would drop the hyperbole and over the top claims I feel like he would be much more well received.
At this stage is it really still hyperbole?

He's already done what most said he couldn't do, anything from now on is just gravy....

Can you narrow down some of the claims that you think are over the top? Because I feel like as a Conor fan I've been getting told I was delusional on sherdog by a lot of posters almost every step of the way.

I don't like Conor, no. Welcome to the real world. Not everyone likes the same things you do

How do you know you're in the real world and that you're not just dreaming? Did you pinch yourself first to "know"? I'd rather live in the matrix. You can have your "real" world.

McGregor has no haters.

It is McGregor's worshippers that have haters.

That's the biggest issue. I'm not really a fan, but when people are trying to honestly convince me that McGregor, he of 0 title defenses and four top ten career wins, is one of the sports GOATs, its easy to see why people who aren't guzzling Irish semen would be turned off of him because of idiotic fans.

I would not have taken such an issue if I was getting trolled, but the posters went into detail and actively tried to convince me that Connor is at the level of GSP, Anderson or Fedor already. Not that it could happen, that its ALREADY happened. McGregor isn't even the current UFC rosters most accomplished fighter, guys like Jones, Silva, Werdum, Belfort, Aldo, even Mighty Mouse and others have accomplished more.

McGregor is an exciting, high level fighter with potential to make a serious run. But dipshits trying to actually convince people that a fighter with ZERO title defenses is one of the MMA greats, its easy to see why a large portion of fans want him to lose just to rub the fanboys noses in it.

I'm actually not certain where Conor ends and I begin.

checkout5.gif

How do you know you're in the real world and that you're not just dreaming? Did you pinch yourself first to "know"? I'd rather live in the matrix. You can have your "real" world.

giphy.gif

McGregor has both the worst haters and the worst fans I've ever seen. There are far too many on both sides that go clinically insane when his name is mentioned.

At this stage is it really still hyperbole?

He's already done what most said he couldn't do, anything from now on is just gravy....

Can you narrow down some of the claims that you think are over the top? Because I feel like as a Conor fan I've been getting told I was delusional on sherdog by a lot of posters almost every step of the way.

Just last night a Conor fan was claiming he's the most versatile striker in mma. Greatest Featherweight of all time, best lightweight on the planet, could go all the way up to heavyweight and win all the belts, is going to beat RDA faster than Aldo because RDA is a bum, as well as acting like a rematch with long time champion Jose Aldo is pointless because the fight ended in 13 seconds.

Don't get me wrong. He's a very good striker, and may very well be a top lightweight as well, but the idiots running around here acting like he's the best fighter to ever put on 4oz gloves really do ruin the experience for everyone else.

Conor would be a typical NY'er, so I'd ignore him.

No I would be embarrassed to share the same nationality with that man.

I am all about humble fighters, and what martial arts truly embodies. Discipline, respect, honor.

Its why my favorite fighters are guys like Shogun, GSP and Machida.

Back