Question for the McGoat haters...

Aldo has no fans, just Conor haters.
At least this way there's statistical evidence. It is evident on this forum.
Look at the frequency of Aldo appreciation threads before and after their fight vs the McGregor hate threads before and after the fight.
Also, you cannot blame people for mentioning the Aldo fight in their McGregor threads, given it's his most impressive win. Partially because Aldo is an impressive fighter himself. Beyond impressive even.

Aldo has no fans just Conor haters? You clearly just started watching MMA when Conor came along. Aldo was well established LONG before McGregor showed up.

Aldo has no fans just Conor haters? You clearly just started watching MMA when Conor came along. Aldo was well established LONG before McGregor showed up.

First, it's generally a bad idea to just assume stuff about people.
Second, read my post in its entirety before replying.

What I said is look at the number of posts before and after their fight.
It changed from Aldo admiration posts to McGregor hate posts real quick.
Try again.

Not at all. His attitude is terrible. He's not a very likeable guy.

I think some Conor fans just enjoy a bit of trolling when it comes to saying things like he can go up to heavyweight, I'm surprised anyone would get annoyed at a remark like that that is clearly a joke.(Beating Lawler is not out of the question though)

As far as being the most versatile striker, he's certainly in the conversation, Wonderboy, TJ, Aldo, Jones, MM would be big contenders also, but whoever you think it is, it could hardly be classed as over the top to have the opinion that Conor is.

Is he the greatest FW of all time, depends what you mean by the greatest?... If we're comparing Conor and Aldo's FW career's in terms of the number of top wins and longevity, then Aldo wins, but if you view that question as who is the best(highest level) FW fighter of all time then it's quite simple, Conor beat Aldo when both men where in their physical prime, so again it could not be over the top to suggest that.

Will he beat RDA in 13 seconds or less, highly unlikely, but I do consider RDA to be just ever so slightly lower quality overall to Aldo, and 11 of Conor's 19 wins have been KO's inside 2 minutes, so even though I predict Conor will win with a 2nd round KO, he does have a history of fast finishes.

The Aldo rematch is 100% worthy, but I for one am glad it's not likely to happen until the end of the year as I was getting a bit tired of that rivalry.

Just some of the hyperbole from another thread here today:

aldo and rda both got beat by conor's copycats so imagine what the original could do, aldo got ko'd in 13 sec and rda will too

Imagine what the REAL Conor would do to him.

So, if he got beat by a guy emulating Conor, what chance did he have against the real Conor?

Lol, if fake Conor did that imagine what the real Conor would have done

If you cant even beat Conor wannabes then you dont deserve Conor him self.

Is it really that hard to see why someone might dislike many Conor fans?

You kidding?? We have some massive douches in Sydney...just go to a Stereosonic event

Just some of the hyperbole from another thread here today:

Is it really that hard to see why someone might dislike many Conor fans?
I would suggest you are taking people to seriously, these are tongue in cheek remarks, and they are most likely tit for tat responses to equally silly comments from the anti Conor brigade.

I would suggest you are taking people to seriously, these are tongue in cheek remarks, and they are most likely tit for tat responses to equally silly comments from the anti Conor brigade.

I'm not taking them seriously. You asked what kind of behavior I was talking about when I said there are some outright ridiculous things being said by Conor fans. That's what I'm talking about, and it's just the tip of the iceberg. You have other ones hijacking threads that have nothing to do with Conor to inject some non-plausible sequence of events to somehow make it about Conor.

Also, most of those comments weren't even direct responses to anyone else's post.

Brilliant way to get all the haters into one thread TS.

Look at em' all, just pathetically hanging on to whatever thread of hope they can in order to discredit Conor.

Ya'll are some sad sad individuals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back