Question for Blue Belts and up...

I've been doing gi 3 nights a week and no gi 3 days a week on the offdays for gi. I also train muay Thai for 2 hours 5-6 days a week so I'm hoping that by March or April I might be promoted.

I'm not holding my breath though or really in any rush. I'll get it when I get it, you know? I'm still young.

Probably not as young as me. :)

A little over 2 years, with time off for a few injuries. I also changed schools after the first 10 months or so, too. For my school, if you get a stripe after 6 months, you're moving fairly fast and training a LOT.

2.5 years, but I showed up to the club with two years of Judo. So all in all I've been training for about 5 years. 69 plus tournament fights. I win more than I lose and I'm on a roll lately, coming in the top 3 in my last 6 tournaments and winning gold 3 times. I am in the advanced No Gi now, which kind of sucks cuz I was hoping of milking the intermediate division, but my coach says" no that is for pussy you sand-bagging can, get in there and win me some medals." So he gave me a blue last week and told me to give em hell.

it took 1.5 years to my blue and another 2 years (and a few months) to get my purple.

Back