Question for Blue Belts and up...

cca 2 year to blue, another cca 2 year to puple (maybe litle bit more)
Edit

4 months. After 4 years of wrestling.

9 months, coming in with 10 years in TKD, but i don't think the TKD had anything to do with it

As per my geeked out spreadsheet: I started November 2006 and got the blue in February 2008, after 131.5hrs of training.

Holy hell... That's intense and a really damn good idea.

I'm starting one tonight. Thanks.

Oh, and congrats to everyone with their blue belts and above. Hopefully I'll get there one day soon :icon_chee

I should have started BJJ when I joined my gym almost 4 years ago, but I just wanted to punch people then. I still like to punch people, but I would like to do it and then be able to also punch them while on the ground. My JJ game is terrible right now, as it always seems to be when people are just starting out.

2.5 years, with the caveat that I'm a horrible natural athlete.

Almost 3 years.

I move around a lot and all my schools wanted to promote me, they just wanted me to put in some time at their gym and I always had to leave before they got around to promoting me.

My last coach was angry that I had been a white for so long but he waited almost a year before he gave me the blue. He gave me the purple belt shortly after

Took me 2.5 years to get my blue.

But i'm a smaller guy so it longer for me to get it.

Little over 2 years including a 6 month break. Had 6 months of judo prior to that. Got promoted after winning my weight and open in a gi comp.

Almost 3 years.

I move around a lot and all my schools wanted to promote me, they just wanted me to put in some time at their gym and I always had to leave before they got around to promoting me.

My last coach was angry that I had been a white for so long but he waited almost a year before he gave me the blue. He gave me the purple belt shortly after

I'm in the same predicament right now. I've been training almost 3 years now and because I move so much I can never put in enough time to get promoted. I've been at my school now for about 2 months and will be moving again in another 6 or so.

ive been training bjj for about 10 months and came in first in a naga tournament. should be getting it in the next month or so.

Almost 3 years.

Why would an instructor make you put in time at their gym before promoting you? If I had a school and some white belt came to my school from another school, I would promote him as soon as a saw that he had the skill.

Why would an instructor make you put in time at their gym before promoting you? If I had a school and some white belt came to my school from another school, I would promote him as soon as a saw that he had the skill.

Money.

To everyone who got their blue belt in a couple months, I'm sure they're either naturally gifted, or have had prior grappling experience. If you obtain a blue belt in a couple months (I'd personally say less than a year) and you aren't in the latter categories, than you're not legit. Sorry

Back