Quentin Tarantino's Spaghetti Western DJANGO UNCHAINED Thread (Vers. 2)

i think he's one of the most purely energetic and exciting filmmakers in film history

jbyv2tZSLgn9t.jpg

Fixed.

I think they definitely did some height adjustments for Foxx

djangounchained-foxx-dicaprio-cigarette-tsr.jpg

Epic intro for the thread btw

This movie will live forever. What a classic.

Can someone post a few clear stills of Django riding back to the Big House with rifle in hand? The part where he's blazing across the fire?

That's my favorite shot of the film.

it's funny- that scene- will get more debate than anything else in the movie im sure.

meanwhile though ive had an ability to get this song out of my head for the past couple of days lol...

Me neither. And i watched this about a week ago.

DJAANGOOOOOOOO!!! AFTER THE SHOWERS! THE SUN! WILLLLL BE SHINING!

The movie was too unrealistic. No fucking way Don Johnson's white suit stays white and wrinkle free while riding a horse across a plantation.

QT lost all credibility with that scene.

i liked it a lot, but after waltz and leo died i was no longer invested in the story in any way. foxx just had no screen presence and created no intrigue for me, bleh. literally anyone would have been better, should have been chris rock

as far as dr. schultz suddenly becoming a kamikaze over a matter of hurt pride/sense of injustice, it just didn't ring true to the character at all. and if django, who picked up a gun for the first time in the past 4-5 months, could shoot his way out, i'm sure the invincible bounty hunter could have helped. although he should have just shaken the damn mans hand, plot revenge later if thats your thung

A very enjoyable movie. Not QT's best, but a really entertaining way to spend a few hours.

A very enjoyable movie. Not QT's best, but a really entertaining way to spend a few hours.

my first impression was this. will watch it again soon to gain additional impressions.

i can relate to what Oatmeal said in a sense that i lost a good chunk of my interest after waltz and leo died (not saying jamie foxx is not strong enough to carry).

that holes and can't see shit scene was brilliant. Jamie in that blue suit was foxxy... (obvious pun is obvious)

Why are they called "spaghetti westerns"? Like where and when did that term come from?

Why are they called "spaghetti westerns"? Like where and when did that term come from?

Think it has to do with cheaply made westerns shot in Italy in the 1950-60's. (thats just off the top of my head, wiki it if you want a better explanation)

How many people caught Tarantino's other cameo in the movie (he's one of the hooded klansmen) the first time they saw it? I did. :cool:

I didn't AND it took me the third time to figure out which of the three running across the field was Chicken Charles or whatever.

I'm pretty good with voices, so I had an unfair advantage. I even picked up Tarantino's cameo in Jackie Brown the first time.

The funny thing about catching QT in the klan hood was, after the scene I was like 'ha, funny cameo, nice, in and out. Didn't try to do a big acting thing.' Then an hour later, I'm like uh-oh... he's back... with a cowboy hat... and a goofily horrible Australian accent... but then I was laughing when he blew up, I thought that made up for it.

i liked it a lot, but after waltz and leo died i was no longer invested in the story in any way. foxx just had no screen presence and created no intrigue for me, bleh. literally anyone would have been better, should have been chris rock

as far as dr. schultz suddenly becoming a kamikaze over a matter of hurt pride/sense of injustice, it just didn't ring true to the character at all. and if django, who picked up a gun for the first time in the past 4-5 months, could shoot his way out, i'm sure the invincible bounty hunter could have helped. although he should have just shaken the damn mans hand, plot revenge later if thats your thung

I can see why Waltz decided to kill him. He was basically traumatized about the things he saw Leo do. His job was to kill criminals and definetly though Leo was one. I guess he felt like he had to repay him for all that he had done.

Back