Quentin Tarantino's Spaghetti Western DJANGO UNCHAINED Thread (Vers. 2)

Yeah I recently rewatched IB just to see which one of the two is better. And I still can't decide. Are the rumors true that QT is beginning Kill Bill 3?

Nah. He'll sit on his ass for a year or two (can't blame him), then my guess is he'll write something brand new and make it. I'd bet good money that he'll never revisit old shit in sequel form. He likes to speculate about it but he won't do it.

I misspoke when I posted earlier concerning the trailers Tarintino hand picked for special screenings before Django. Apparently they are all real films. Video below contains them.

There's a cartoon also but I don't think that made this yt vid.

ZklJr.jpg

FQ2Ws.jpg

just watched it and while I thought it was good, it was not near QT's best. Only very brief glimpses of QT magic imo

the move was okay. Jamie Foxx acting imo is light years behind the other main characters in the film. Not best QT movie not the worst.

I just saw this and have to say it was fkn awesome! I'm not a huge fan of western/spaghetti westerns but the dialouge and senseless violence was perfect. Best movie I've seen for a while and my Gf, who hates violence and above all hates Tarantino, was laughing end enjoyed it.

Are you sure? No, I'm not sure what positive means.

I liked the film but not sure if it ranks above any of his movie's other than death proof (which I also liked)...

I really liked the scene where everyone bitched about the hoods, My only complaint is that I also lost some interest as soon as Waltz died

Yeah Sam Jacksons character was the best. Hilarious.

I figured the movie would be violent but I never expected it to be so goofy and funny.

When Sam Jacksons character Stephen said 'Nukkuh-les' I literally fell out of my chair and was ROFL.

Last edited:
When I see trailers for movies like this and I wonder who the hell the movie is catering to, now I know.

Enjoyed it thoroughly Typical Tarantino over the top filmaking with flashes of brillance followed by strange amatuerism that weaves together and works wonderfully.

Christopher Walz and Sam Jackson just killed it. -and Kerry Washington has serious acting chops -let's hope she parlays this into some great roles -her lips are awesome. Fox was great but his range was tempered in the film.

Don Johnson hood scene is epic.

Gotta give it to Leo -he was just excellent -and I usually think he's overrated.

I'd be careful Petey.....

Dragonlordxxxxx might hunt you down if he sees you making movie threads in the Mayberry:mad:

Enjoyed it thoroughly Typical Tarantino over the top filmaking with flashes of brillance followed by strange amatuerism that weaves together and works wonderfully.

Christopher Walz and Sam Jackson just killed it. -and Kerry Washington has serious acting chops -let's hope she parlays this into some great roles -her lips are awesome. Fox was great but his range was tempered in the film.

Don Johnson hood scene is epic.

Gotta give it to Leo -he was just excellent -and I usually think he's overrated.

i have to disagree, i thought the last sat 30 min of the movie was useless. If Tarantino really wanted to kill the white slave owners he would have had them shake hands and later leo chases them because he is a prick or something. The german actor made the film imho so did Sam and Leo and Don Johnson. Foxx was just average, never had any real "moments" even when given multiple opportunities.

madmick said:
Has there been any discussion of the extra who fell off his horse coming down the hill in the KKK scene? I googled a bit, but couldn't find any information on injured stunt men during filming. If you watch, in that scene, at night, when they all come over the hill on horseback with their torches lit, one of the riders falls off his horse, and it appears he was trampled by one of the riders behind him. You can see his horse (the lowest in the frame) running riderless after he falls. The extra getting trampled is in the lower right quadrant of the screen. Above the high pitch wailing that was obviously scripted, you can hear a more guttural, grunting shout corresponding to the back horse trampling over him. Their descent over the hill begins at 41:20 in the DVD Screener I torrented.

Pretty intense.

That's in the script. It's part of the bad eyeholes gag.

i have to disagree, i thought the last sat 30 min of the movie was useless. If Tarantino really wanted to kill the white slave owners he would have had them shake hands and later leo chases them because he is a prick or something. The german actor made the film imho so did Sam and Leo and Don Johnson. Foxx was just average, never had any real "moments" even when given multiple opportunities.

I don't understand. You said you disagreed and then you proceeded to agree with me on almost every point.

Back