Quentin Tarantino's Spaghetti Western DJANGO UNCHAINED Thread (Vers. 2)

The movie was too unrealistic. No fucking way Don Johnson's white suit stays white and wrinkle free while riding a horse across a plantation.

QT lost all credibility with that scene.

lol you got my curiosity.

I'm pretty good with voices, so I had an unfair advantage. I even picked up Tarantino's cameo in Jackie Brown the first time.

The funny thing about catching QT in the klan hood was, after the scene I was like 'ha, funny cameo, nice, in and out. Didn't try to do a big acting thing.' Then an hour later, I'm like uh-oh... he's back... with a cowboy hat... and a goofily horrible Australian accent... but then I was laughing when he blew up, I thought that made up for it.

I caught him in it too. His voice is extremely distinguishable.

I was laughing so hard when he blew up. Perfect way for him to end his cameo haha

So what do you consider his best? I think Django takes the cake tbh.

id rank them:

1- Pulp Fiction
2- Django Unchained
3- Inglorious Basterds
4- Reservoir Dogs
5- Jackie Brown
6- Kill Bill 1
7- Kill Bill 2
8- Death Proof

and even 6, 7, 8 i really like (well Death proof i like, not really like). Some people swear by the Kill Bills as QTs most enjoyable works but i like most of his other films better. They're still sick, don't get me wrong but I just like the stuff that preceded and followed better.

i actually think Robert Rodriguez's segment of Grindhouse was significantly superior to QTs, which is funny cause obviously Tarantino's overall canon is vastly superior.

id rank them:

1- Pulp Fiction
2- Django Unchained
3- Inglorious Basterds
4- Reservoir Dogs
5- Jackie Brown
6- Kill Bill 1
7- Kill Bill 2
8- Death Proof

and even 6, 7, 8 i really like (well Death proof i like, not really like). Some people swear by the Kill Bills as QTs most enjoyable works but i like most of his other films better. They're still sick, don't get me wrong but I just like the stuff that preceded and followed better.

i actually think Robert Rodriguez's segment of Grindhouse was significantly superior to QTs, which is funny cause obviously Tarantino's overall canon is vastly superior.

I thought Deathproof was great, honestly.
I think people were just worn out from the high suspense of PT by the time they got to it

Kill Bill 2 was his Magnum Opus imo, but i wont get too deep into that

I think people were just worn out from the high suspense of PT by the time they got to it

i have to revisit both probably. Deathproof i only saw once and, as you said, it probably suffered in perception in that PT had brought in so much energy already. i still think it was good i just thought the women's empowerment beatdown at the end was a little much.

and Kill Bill 2 i only watched once and it was on dvd late at night (i missed both Kill Bills in theaters sadly) so i might not have gotten the full effect as i remember being kind of out of it. i thought the stuff with that Asian master with the crazy beard was fucking awesome. And i also loved the final confrontation with Bill.

I enjoyed Deathproof as well. The pace was slow but the car chase at the end was amazing. The dialogue was amazing too (duh).

I think more people just disliked the characters in the film. I had no problem with them.

The lapdance segment was faptacular too. Shame it was left out of the original version.

i have to revisit both probably. Deathproof i only saw once and, as you said, it probably suffered in perception in that PT had brought in so much energy already. i still think it was good i just thought the women's empowerment beatdown at the end was a little much.

and Kill Bill 2 i only watched once and it was on dvd late at night (i missed both Kill Bills in theaters sadly) so i might not have gotten the full effect as i remember being kind of out of it. i thought the stuff with that Asian master with the crazy beard was fucking awesome. And i also loved the final confrontation with Bill.

Bill's Superman monologue is the best thing Quentin has ever written. He may top it, but it's head and shoulders above anything from Pulp or even Inglorious Basterds, which was very very well written; that's not a knock at all, he just upped it to the god tier for that portion.

I can agree with Deathproof, the payoff felt a little cheap. It may be his worst, but it was also really fucking good imo.

My rankings

1) Pulp Fiction
2) Reservoir Dogs
3) Inglorious Basterds
4) Django Unchained
5) Kill Bill - I can't pick one over the other. I really consider it to be one movie.
6) Death Proof
7) Jackie Brown

I loved them all, really. Jackie Brown I rank last because how Jackson goes out strikes me as anti-climatic every time. Still love it though.

I enjoyed Deathproof as well. The pace was slow but the car chase at the end was amazing. The dialogue was amazing too (duh).

I think more people just disliked the characters in the film. I had no problem with them.

The lapdance segment was faptacular too. Shame it was left out of the original version.

omg yes. I love Vanessa Ferlito.

My rankings

1) Pulp Fiction
2) Reservoir Dogs
3) Inglorious Basterds
4) Django Unchained
5) Kill Bill - I can't pick one over the other. I really consider it to be one movie.
6) Death Proof
7) Jackie Brown

I loved them all, really. Jackie Brown I rank last because how Jackson goes out strikes me as anti-climatic every time. Still love it though.

i do love the buildup to when Jackson goes out though. When he's in Forster's car and he's like just staring a hole through him and is like "THere ain't nothing you wanna tell me before we go into that office." and Forter's like "Nope." Jackson: "You sure." "Yea." "You better be, motherfucker."

i love how tense Jackson is and how seemingly calm Forster is lol. very cool scene. i think Jackie Brown has a lot going for it and it probably is one of his more underrated movies.

i do love the buildup to when Jackson goes out though. When he's in Forster's car and he's like just staring a hole through him and is like "THere ain't nothing you wanna tell me before we go into that office." and Forter's like "Nope." Jackson: "You sure." "Yea." "You better be, motherfucker."

i love how tense Jackson is and how seemingly calm Forster is lol. very cool scene. i think Jackie Brown has a lot going for it and it probably is one of his more underrated movies.

It's definitely extremely tense. That's why I wanted a bit more out of how he died.

Fairly minor grievance though.

Let's hear it.

DEATH PROOF might be the least of his canon, but it's still above a lot of directors.

I think JACKIE BROWN is my favorite.

Let's hear it.

DEATH PROOF might be the least of his canon, but it's still above a lot of directors.

I think JACKIE BROWN is my favorite.

Maybe tomorrow, i'm feelin' sluggish.
I also dont feel very pretty, which is a very important part of my posts.

I could pick out any one of his movies and tell you why it's my favorite.

The guy is just that fuckin good.

Basterds or Django?

I go back and forth. I like DU's straightforwardness, as a whole it flows better than IB, which is a bit disjointed in pacing. IB feels long, Django doesn't (and it's longer). However, IB has two scenes, Jew Hunter vs. French farmer & the basement tavern, that individually beat any scene in Django.

Gotta rewatch IB, and then DU again, to be totally fair, and I'm gonna enjoy the fuck out of that process.

I go back and forth. I like DU's straightforwardness, as a whole it flows better than IB, which is a bit disjointed in pacing. IB feels long, Django doesn't (and it's longer). However, IB has two scenes, Jew Hunter vs. French farmer & the basement tavern, that individually beat any scene in Django.

Gotta rewatch IB, and then DU again, to be totally fair, and I'm gonna enjoy the fuck out of that process.

Yeah I recently rewatched IB just to see which one of the two is better. And I still can't decide. Are the rumors true that QT is beginning Kill Bill 3?

Back