Quentin Tarantino's Spaghetti Western DJANGO UNCHAINED Thread (Vers. 2)

I would say that's exactly what defines a hero. Heroes don't set out to be great people. They just are. He didn't do the I told you so when he detonated the Australians, when the other slaves thought he was an Uncle Tom. It's little moments like when he clarified Lil Jackie was getting whipped for breaking eggs, then showing the rest what he could do. He made sure those shit kickers knew he stopped on his way to save his wife for Dartagnan.

Further I'd say Schultz regarded Django like a son, emphasis on the feeling responsible for him. Whereas Django kept it more honest knowing it's every man for himself when it comes down to it.

Further I'd say Schultz regarded Django like a son, emphasis on the feeling responsible for him. Whereas Django kept it more honest knowing it's every man for himself when it comes down to it.

Yeah, and I find that intresting becuse it's a total subversion of the blackxploitation genre. Django isn't an communialist. He's a rugged, pragmatic induvidualist. I find that Tarantino was quite clever to notice that and turn it on it's head.

Samuel L. Jackson was gold in that movie, he lit up the screen in all of his scenes as the loyal house servant. "He gonna stay in the big house?"

Tarantino is undefeated, imo. I love his work. DU was his worst movie, but it was still great.

And yes, Sam Jackson as the Uncle Tom character was juat perfect. That's a tough role to take, but i'm glad he did.

It was so sinister, when he switches between the act and himself, the way he played Leo like a fiddle. It was done just subtle enough to be striking without being overdone.

Yeah, and I find that intresting becuse it's a total subversion of the blackxploitation genre. Django isn't an communialist. He's a rugged, pragmatic induvidualist. I find that Tarantino was quite clever to notice that and turn it on it's head.

I hadn't thought of it that way but yeah I agree. It is odd that the person that has the most qualms from an ideological perspective with slavery in the whole movie is a white european dentist/bounty hunter. Maybe, Tarantino was trying to point out in any kind of struggle, being concerned with the larger picture is a luxury and not a necessity.

It was ok. Thought it was overrated, actually.

Inglorious Basterds is probably my favorite of his.

That or Pulp Fiction.

loved it. probably watched it 15 times already. frickin hilarious.

I thought the pacing was well done for an almost 3 hour film. Not my favorite QT film but solid nonetheless.

Back