Social Quarantine baby boom? Opposite happened

You didn't answer my question though. What's the death rate of the vaccine?

No one knows. They are experimental. You are asking way too soon what the effects may be.

I would not hesitate to take the J&J vaccine if I needed it. But, I cannot fault anyone that won't take an experimental vaccine, because they have only a 99.96% chance of living if they don't.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit I see.

You have a direct quote from a government of Canada official, who admits that people who have COVID and die, are listed as Covid deaths, regardless of any other factors.

Had stage 4 cancer and covid? "Well it was obviously covid that killed them."

Have AIDS and COVID? "Well it was obviously COVID that killed them"

Got into a motorcycle accident and had COVID? "Well it obviously was COVID that killed them, not the fact that they got turned into chunky salsa by a transport truck."

I don't care about your dum-dum deaths per year hilariousness. There is a government official straight up telling everyone they are cooking the numbers.

AIDS never kills anyone.

Do you know what it is?

Suicide rates also fell thankfully

https://www.axios.com/suicide-decre...lth-26196eaf-a245-4d21-85eb-eeb864a24449.html
By the numbers: From 2019 to 2020, deaths by suicide declined by 5.6%, from 47,511 to 44,834, per the CDC. It was the third consecutive year of decline.

I haven't seen anything about divorce rates, and quick google searching now didn't pull up anything specifically in 2020

I guess that mental health epidemic that right wing morons were using to justify opposition to COVID restrictions maybe wasn't all that sincere.

No one knows. They are experimental. You are asking way too soon what the effects may be.

I would not hesitate to take the J&J vaccine if I needed it. But, I cannot fault anyone that won't take an experimental vaccine, because they have only a 99.96% chance of living if they don't.
No one knows? But you knew the COVID survival rate after the same time frame. You also have data about awful long term COVID affects yet no side effects from the vaccine so far. You seem to be a massive hypocrite and are making zero logical sense, only applying your argument to one side and not the other.

I guess that mental health epidemic that right wing morons were using to justify opposition to COVID restrictions maybe wasn't all that sincere.

not having suicides increase, when such a large percentage are 40+ white males after job issues, did surprise me tbh. But it’s very appreciated that that wasn’t a drawback in hindsight

Why would you pick the stats from 2019-2020? Wouldn't you need to include atleast 2021 and subsequent years to see the carry on effects. Suicide is just one part of mental health. You would need to include many different sets of data including unemployment, alcohol and drug treatment increases, divorce/seperation rates to name a few.

not having suicides increase, when such a large percentage are 40+ white males after job issues, did surprise me tbh. But it’s very appreciated that that wasn’t a drawback in hindsight

You are looking too short term with the figures you are mentioning. You would need to cover a larger peiod to accurately capture it. E.g Veteran suicides did not happen immediately, but the effects become shown later down the track when you can link it to PTSD etc. There will be a similar uptick in the future as businesses, relat5ionshipd andf families fail to recover.

No one knows? But you knew the COVID survival rate after the same time frame. You also have data about awful long term COVID affects yet no side effects from the vaccine so far. You seem to be a massive hypocrite and are making zero logical sense, only applying your argument to one side and not the other.

Read my post again #23. I projected a million deaths, because I don't know, but that would be the worst case scenario.

Quit talking out of your ass. It's getting old.

I know last March a lot of us, myself included, joked about a baby boom from being stuck at home with nothing to do (other than the Mrs.) but it seems that not only did that happened, there was a massive drop in births in 2020. Birth rate actually dropped 4%, largest single year drop in 50 years. This is the lowest birth rate in a century in America.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-birth-rate-falls-lowest-point-more-century-n1266349

Seems couples more worried about covid, and the economic impacts of it, deciding to delay having kids outweighed those that couldn't keep their hands to themselves during quarantine. Spike back up in births during recovery this and next year? More ammunition to be used by those in favor of even more lax rules on immigration?
no baby boom till people start having sex again

I dont know how that's going to reverse with the whole social distancing craze

if you had a lady during covid, then great, but if not, then you're likely dry AF, which is sad

even if there's a spike, it wont last long, and will trend downward, there is little incentive to have kids.

Why would you pick the stats from 2019-2020? Wouldn't you need to include 2021 and subsequent years to see the carry on effects. Suicide is just one part of mental health. You would need to include many different sets of data including unemployment, alcohol and drug treatment increases, divorce/seperation rates to name a few.

Now that we know suicides immediately decreased, I think we can safely conclude that whatever mental health effects arose, they weren't anywhere near severe enough to justify killing millions of innocent people.

But, as I implied, the "you're making people kill themselves!" angle was never in good faith. And all the right wing morons who selfishly and ignorantly opposed the lockdowns had no principled basis.

You are looking too short term with the figures you are mentioning. You would need to cover a larger peiod to accurately capture it. E.g Veteran suicides did not happen immediately, but the effects become shown later down the track when you can link it to PTSD etc. There will be a similar uptick in the future as businesses, relat5ionshipd andf families fail to recover.

Sadly, yes. I lost a real good friend. His son and mine grew up in BJJ together and competed all over California. We traveled together. He lost his good aerospace job (commercial aviation) due to CV-19 crushing his company. He lost it and... RIP Brian. He was one of the good ones.

I have also had a good friend die of CV-19, but he was in his 70's with all sorts of medical issues. RIP Roger.

There are few good answers, but the draconian lock downs and destruction of Small Businesses was way over the top.

Read my post again #23. I projected a million deaths, because I don't know, but that would be the worst case scenario.

Quit talking out of your ass. It's getting old.
Everything I posted was factual

Now that we know suicides immediately decreased, I think we can safely conclude that whatever mental health effects arose, they weren't anywhere near severe enough to justify killing millions of innocent people.

But, as I implied, the "you're making people kill themselves!" angle was never in good faith. And all the right wing morons who selfishly and ignorantly opposed the lockdowns had no principled basis.

In regards to family units in particular I wonder if the fact that people were present in the home during lockdowns may have helped prevent this? It's harder to wander out back and suicide if your wife and kids are sitting in the other room.

My anecdotal experience within Australia is that attempts increased massively and there was a massive new presentation of people who attempted suicide, but they were triaged and suicide was prevented. The people that were successful were much different to the people who usually go through the mental health system.
A big takeaway was the number of medical staff in hospitals etc I came into contact with that had never suffered mental health episodes previously.
Usually there is a revolving group of people who attempt suicide repeatedly or atleast threaten it. These regulars dropped off with a fear of covid and being stuck in the hospital.

It will be interesting to see in the coming years especially as here in Australia we paid fortnightly stimulus checks to support people out of work. Those stimulus checks equated to about $25,000 over the whole year so people could survive if they hadn't lived above their means or were small business owners.

https://www.axios.com/suicide-decre...lth-26196eaf-a245-4d21-85eb-eeb864a24449.html
By the numbers: From 2019 to 2020, deaths by suicide declined by 5.6%, from 47,511 to 44,834, per the CDC. It was the third consecutive year of decline.

I haven't seen anything about divorce rates, and quick google searching now didn't pull up anything specifically in 2020
unintentional injury death up quite a bit, more than any other year......................... considering people are staying home more than normal, less driving by far........................................................................... fudging of numbers?

Sadly, yes. I lost a real good friend. His son and mine grew up in BJJ together and competed all over California. We traveled together. He lost his good aerospace job (commercial aviation) due to CV-19 crushing his company. He lost it and... RIP Brian. He was one of the good ones.

I have also had a good friend die of CV-19, but he was in his 70's with all sorts of medical issues. RIP Roger.

There are few good answers, but the draconian lock downs and destruction of Small Businesses was way over the top.

I personally agree. I don't think the lockdowns were needed in the way they were done. I live in Australia though so can only go by what we did here.
Not many died, but the cost to peoples mental health, businesses and family units were pretty bad. Australia paid an absolute fortune in stimulus to everyone also which may help either way. I personally liked the idea of people just making their own choices RE:Covid. Our hospital system has collapsed follwing it due to elective surgery catch up, staff quiiting/understaffing, lack of medical upkeep during lockdown and doctors refusing to treat people with common colds etc and over referring to hospital.

It's interesting we created what they were trying to avoid in the only state that had an extended lockdown to prevent the over running of hospitals. Overall less people will probably die, but now it's children dying in their mothers arms in waiting rooms. That's third world shit. I would link the article but it's trapped behind a pay wall.

That is shocking, I would expect that at best it would have no effect but to reduce suicide rate? Maybe forcing people to work from home made them spend more time with their family and thus feel less alienated or something.

As for birth rates can't say I am surprised. Something like 40% of American births are out of wedlock and the quarantine was going to make a dent in those since people were going to be less likely to hook up and whatnot. Anecdotally I was talking to a girl and going on a few dates around the time COVID hit and I put all that on ice. Not that I was planning on getting her pregnant, I'm no @Amerikuracana, but the point is a lot of people hit pause on dating if they weren't already in a serious relationship.

As for planned pregnancies, gotta figure people saw the recession caused by COVID and just the general societal impact and maybe thought otherwise.

In regards to family units in particular I wonder if the fact that people were present in the home during lockdowns may have helped prevent this? It's harder to wander out back and suicide if your wife and kids are sitting in the other room.

My anecdotal experience within Australia is that attempts increased massively and there was a massive new presentation of people who attempted suicide, but they were triaged and suicide was prevented. The people that were successful were much different to the people who usually go through the mental health system.

Having picked up the pieces of several, I agree. The successful ones are when the person is alone, isolated and often drinking or on drugs.

Imagine living in 2021 and writing a post on the internet on your internet connected device trying to convince people you have no outlet because your favorite restaurant only did pickup and takeout.

I didn’t say any of that, but you’ve always been disingenuous and full of shit. Now, go waddle on over to the Lounge and beg for help like the cowardly goof you are.

That is shocking, I would expect that at best it would have no effect but to reduce suicide rate? Maybe forcing people to work from home made them spend more time with their family and thus feel less alienated or something.

As for birth rates can't say I am surprised. Something like 40% of American births are out of wedlock and the quarantine was going to make a dent in those since people were going to be less likely to hook up and whatnot. Anecdotally I was talking to a girl and going on a few dates around the time COVID hit and I put all that on ice. Not that I was planning on getting her pregnant, I'm no @Amerikuracana, but the point is a lot of people hit pause on dating if they weren't already in a serious relationship.

As for planned pregnancies, gotta figure people saw the recession caused by COVID and just the general societal impact and maybe thought otherwise.

"Unintentional Injury" deaths up nearly 20K........................

@Amerikuracana exudes a powerful life giving energy. Where his heels trod, plants spring up from the soil.

Back