Pyfer: The Prototype For Poorly Booked Hype Jobs (Blame the UFC, not Joe)

O'Malley has been a star for the UFC since before he started fighting top opponents. He could have fought those guys on the regionals but then the UFC wouldn't have made money off those fights.

Kris Moutinho was brought in as a short-notice replacement for Louis Smolka to keep O'Malley on a card but the other regional-level guys O'Malley fought were already on the roster.
He isn't a star at all. The UFC have stacked his card to try and sell it over UFC 300.
Stop falling for the narrative. Nobody knows him outside of Sherdog.

They were feeding people to him and then cutting them straight after. All credit for beating Aljo when he did but he didn't beat Yan even if we ignore all the blatant fouls.

3 separate fighters called O'malley out before they brought Moutinho in.

Edit: I am about as far off topic as can be now so I am out haha.

He blew his wad early which lead to his punches being slower and more predictable, leading to Jack making easier reads and taking over the fight.
The moment his speed vanished you could see how basic he is technically.

I think the potential is definitely there if he adds more offense to his repertoire and also learns to pace himself and not fall in love with this "punches harder than Ngannou" narrative.

But lets be honest Jack also Homer'd his way a bit through this fight, just eating every head and bodyshot and pushing forward, that tends to drain the motivation and gastank of almost any fighter.

Back