Pyfer: The Prototype For Poorly Booked Hype Jobs (Blame the UFC, not Joe)

Pyfer should avoid 5 rounders vs volume strikers or other cardio machines

Hermansson is like Fitch of stand up. He out pointed a guy trying to finish.

This fight was fine for joe, not too soon. This isn’t boxing where a loss sets you back a couple of years at least. MMA isn’t about protecting an 0 and the fight was close

In reality pyfer is a stiff, muscled striker, that puts bad intentions in every punch. He hits hard but He’s not a top prospect, he’s m a one trick pony that that will gas if he doesn’t get a quick knock out. The UFC has seen plenty of similar fighters to him. He’ll win and lose to guys in and around the top 10 without being consistently good enough to be a champion. There are far better prospects at MW currently

His entire "hype job" consists of Dana White calling him out for having the only good performance on an episode of the Contender Series. That's the only reason half of you know what his name is.

The fight was set up for him to win. Jack is coming off of a huge layoff, and is known to get dragged into fights with guys who are a lot more powerful than him. Unfortunately, Joe is only used to being the hammer and has defense, fight IQ and cardio issues. Oh, and he did a lot of media this week too.
He's also a penis butt who breaths his own farts.

Man so what. Not every hypejob pans out. I dont blame them for trying.

we want ufc/dana to make more stars

But we also want them to lose before they become stars so we can call them worthless dana white hype jobs

Makes a lot of sense right

To be fair the match making on this card was a little off. First one that comes to mind was the Bogdan fight. Dude was 15-2 going in against a 6-2 fighter.

I don't think the UFC cares about over hyping guys or pretending guys can be world beaters when they aren't. The real champ level guys are still gonna be there. UFC is a big promotion and still is the number one place to be at if you are trying to be a fighter. Why waste time promoting some guy is the next big thing when he's not?

Joe fought well; Jack was just the smarter, more experienced fighter.
Hype-train not quite derailed, but a little humility from Pyfer would be welcome.

Imagine him fighting Alex LMAO

You either have cardio for days or the touch of death, can't have both as they seem to be diametrically opposed.

They were trying to claim he hits harder than Ngannou, it was egregious even as far as hype jobs go.
Poatan seems to have pretty good cardio plus the touch of death tho

Poatan seems to have pretty good cardio plus the touch of death tho
I think Poatan's ability to stay in the fight is that he is an accurate and measured striker, he doesn't throw things just to throw them and gas himself out for nothing.

People don't need to be unbeaten until they get to a title shot and there's nothing wrong with tough matchmaking.

Pyfer should avoid anyone decent. He'll just be ok in the ufc

we want ufc/dana to make more stars

But we also want them to lose before they become stars so we can call them worthless dana white hype jobs

Makes a lot of sense right
We just want the best guys to fight the best. Contender series guys sometimes pan out, but most of the time they have a standout performance against a good match up and then get rammed down our throats with obvious issues. I prefer the usual method of well seasoned fighters coming into the UFC off regional performances.

The DWCS guys are good for padding out Fightnights, the issue is most of these guys could just do 2-4 more fights in the regionals and come into the UFC better prepared. O"malley is the perfect example, it took over 7 years to take him from contender to the belt, by matching him against regional guys. The 2 times they didn't he got deaded or eye poked his opponent. They got him a win over Yan by ignoring 9 seperate fouls in Abu dhabi with 3 in each round. Why not just let him fight in the regionals for another 2-3 years and then naturally come into the UFC on a normal contract?

They tried the same with Pyfer, but tried to get him there quicker and it failed. Now he will go back and start again for 2-3 years and we get another 6 year build up to maybe get there. WHy should the best league in the world be favouring specific fighters over others?

Pyfer punches harder than Francis.

And by Francis, I mean my 83 year old neighbor that has tennis balls on her walker for a smoother ride.
I saw an old couple walking outside Walmart they both had two walking sticks each only things missing were the snow and the ski's. lol i think they were actually using ski poles lol

I listened to Pyfer on JRE and was really annoyed how he called a guy like Pereira basic and has huge holes etc. dude needed a humbling.
I never understood people saying that. Basics win fights. If you're elite with your funamentals you're extremely hard to beat. Basically how Jack beat him. Stuck the jab in his face, and calf kicked him repeatedly. Basic long range maneuvers. And they dominated the second half of the fight. Maybe joe could polish his own basics up.

He was booked against a 35 year old guy who is 3-4 over his last 7.

Yes but it needs more context. He lost a close split decision fight against Strickland. Lost against vettori, cannonier, dolidze, no shame in that. He's the definition of the gate keeper but he's still top tier in the division, make no mistake

Back