PWD 192 : Brock as babyface = WIN!!!

From the last thread

Cheers for that. Knew it was something close. Plus i think Bravo or a channel close to it also had at one point some of the old Von Erich wrestling shows they used to show around 6pm at one point too.

I remember some USWA (which was CWA merged with WCCW) stuff getting aired, so you saw young Jarrett and Austin.

L!VE TV also had G.L.O.W. on the weekends, there'd be a couple of episodes, with "The Wearther in Norwegian with Ann Marie Foss" in between, and because it was the weekend, she'd be in a bikini.

Lana is training to become a wrestler, she's been going to the performance centre on her days off, and has been taking it very seriously.

Stupid question, why the FUCK hasn't Sting had his bat in any of his appearances?

I am hearing stories about kids being impressionable and all that stuff. So they'll get their baseball bats and hit other kids if they see Sting do it.

Lana is training to become a wrestler, she's been going to the performance centre on her days off, and has been taking it very seriously.

Lana CRUSH!!!!

"It's Pro Wrestling, why are you getting so mad about it‽" - Jim Ross.

Really fitting quote, when you see people like that Bruce Blitz dumbass literally screaming because of John Cena.

L!VE TV also had G.L.O.W. on the weekends, there'd be a couple of episodes, with "The Wearther in Norwegian with Ann Marie Foss" in between, and because it was the weekend, she'd be in a bikini.

th

But he was, whether WWE considered him one or not. There could be no denying his popularity in spite of the hurdles put in his way.

Brock comes out and says that he is gonna kick somebodys ass. He then proceeds to make good on that promise and kicks everybodys ass, all while crowd is going crazy for him. In my opinion and I am sure 95% of wrestling fans opinion those are the actions of a definite babyface. That is what babyfaces are supposed to do. They make a promise and quickly/eventually make good on it.

Now, whether or not he remains a babyface is is yet to be seen. I hope that he does have a good run as a babyface - like til the end of his contract.

If the company does not consider you a top babyface, you're not top babyface.

Nice. She was pretty good on that total divas recap show, pretty funny facial expressions. Needs to up insult game a bit other than "you're stupid/America is stupid".

WWE job ad:

"Minimum of five years of TV/Film writing and production experience
Professional TV staff experience in drama and comedy a plus
Writing and directing reality television a plus
Experience in all aspects of live TV production a plus
Highly creative (a prolific idea generator)
Plugged into pop culture
Able to work closely and effectively with Talent, Writers, and Producers throughout the creative process
Strong understanding of WWE's audience (demographic and psychographic) a plus
Must live in New York City/Stamford, CT area OR be willing and able to relocate there
Strong knowledge of WWE shows, talent, and storylines
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
Flexible travel schedule (extensive travel required)
BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or similar field of study or industry experience in lieu of degree"

So actually knowing the business and the audience is useful but not obligatory.

Fucking TV and reality (?) tv writers.

Reality tv writers.

WRITERS.

Smigg, you should apply and just attach something as an idea. Then, see if they use it even if you do not get hired haha

Seems like from what I gather the writers sit in a room, come up with a promo and then just take it to the guys. I'd like to think if it was me that I would sit down with them and try to work on something together. Maybe that's either really frowned upon or hurtful to a writer's ego but that'd be my strategy. They'll deliver your promo better that way, making you look good in the process

What Punk did of being given a promo and ripping it and throwing it away in front of them was harsh but he was right in that aspect when he said do not tell me what's on my mind because you are gonna be wrong 100% of the time. Come to me, speak to me and and we will do it together.

Most of today's roster are pretty smart and can speak for theirselves so I can only imagine what goes thru their minds when some "Jersey Shore" writer tells them what to do in a ring.

I am hearing stories about kids being impressionable and all that stuff. So they'll get their baseball bats and hit other kids if they see Sting do it.

He doesn't even need to hit anyone though, like Monday he could have just come out and pointed it at someone and that would be it.

I can only imagine the nightmare of trying to write a complete storyline among the filters of Vince and Triple H along with the egos of the characters you're writing for.

For those who missed Total Divas this week; Lana (yummy), Renee (tasty) and Summer did an excellent recap.

The WWE universe is never a truer statement than with this show. Total Divas Cena > WWE Cena a hundred times over.

Renee is so damn cute..but does anyone else notice her lisp is heavy at times and unnoticeable other times? Wtf is up with that?

Gonna try to watch all of the Rumbles before this Sunday. Currently on 1992. Most of the guys fall out of the ring so slowly, eliminations could've looked way better back in the day.

Are you suggesting that 5 guys taking 5 minutes to push one guy over the top rope is not compelling action?

"For much of wrestling history, the action in the ring was called on the fly, with talent deciding how the match would proceed based on the crowd response and their own sixth sense about what would be effective. Interviews were done in a similar style.

Today, WWE is a completely different beast. Much of a televised wrestling match is designed with the help of agents backstage, former wrestlers with a knack for in-ring storytelling. Likewise, the interviews, once off-the-cuff diatribes, are carefully scripted by a team on the fourth floor of WWE's Stamford, Connecticut, headquarters."

And today wrestling is fucking shit, because not only do the writers stifle talent and charisma but they're not even writing for the fans, they're writing for an old bisexual man with a bodybuilding fetish.

I think where all this stems from is that WWE wants to be the draw instead of the wrestlers. They don't want guys getting over on their own. They want people to be talking about how great the "WWE" match was instead of saying "Cesaro and Ziggler had a great match". They want "that promo on RAW" was really great not "Rollins is cutting great promos". It's always been a part of Vince's agenda from the time he brought out fake Diesel and fake Razor. He wants to create a machine where the parts are easily replaceable. The problem is that it has never worked and without legitimate competition to push him Vince is free to continue with an experiment that has already failed.

Look at Daniel Bryan, he is the guy the WWE never wanted but every time they went looking for new talent his name came up. Finally they hire him, send him out week after week looking like the lamest vanilla midget in history.
Daniel-Bryan-season-1-wwe-nxt-12759508-318-354.jpg
Bury him, fire him and people still want him. He comes back and gets run through the minor title circuit which has become a form of burial. He gets saddled with comedy gimmicks that would have failed 95% of the time but uses them to get himself so over that he is going to be around the title probably as long as is body will allow it. Meanwhile Vince's guys (Cena, Orton, Swagger, Sheamus, Reigns, etc.) are getting a lukewarm or worse reaction at best and are holding onto their spots with the assistance of the booking team and writers rather than in spite of it.
I know people want to complain about cop out statements like "Nobody is going after the brass ring." Or complain people getting buried because of politics. That stuff does happen but if you've got it you can get to the top. It's just a lot harder now and the company is suffering because of it.

For those who missed Total Divas this week; Lana (yummy), Renee (tasty) and Summer did an excellent recap.

The WWE universe is never a truer statement than with this show. Total Divas Cena > WWE Cena a hundred times over.

I agree with this completely. Cena on that show is a damn hero. On Raw, etc. not so much.

For every one version of Daniel Bryan there's like 40 Zack Ryder's though.

Seems like from what I gather the writers sit in a room, come up with a promo and then just take it to the guys. I'd like to think if it was me that I would sit down with them and try to work on something together. Maybe that's either really frowned upon or hurtful to a writer's ego but that'd be my strategy. They'll deliver your promo better that way, making you look good in the process

No, this isn't the process.

I need to find my post.

Here it is.

"I read an interview from an ex WWE writer and their writing method was utter bullshit.

They have 11 segments per RAW.

Each writer, EACH, pitches his 11 segments for the show.

Then the head writer chooses which segments he wants.

Then it goes to Vince over the weekend and he shits all over it.

And then they rewrite on Sunday and on Monday all day.

You cannot have a coherent vision or direction or strategy working in this way."

Why do you think writers need to travel? They're rewriting all weekend, all the way on the plane and on the day. Talent finds out last.

Why bother having the writers pitch ideas for the entire show and not just focus on one storyline? No wonder everything is all over the place.

Back