PWD 192 : Brock as babyface = WIN!!!

Hopefully we get through this thread before the rumble and have a special edition rumble thread

Gonna try to watch all of the Rumbles before this Sunday. Currently on 1992. Most of the guys fall out of the ring so slowly, eliminations could've looked way better back in the day.

Man I might be in the minority but I really like brocks character and to me it's like when I was a kid and the champ showed-up you knew some special shit was gonna happen..brock just has "it"

I am not sure why people are saying Brock is a face. He is just a stone cold fuck machine, and Seth Rollins is just pretty enough.

Brock as face makes me think hes losing on sunday

Will he lose....when he faces Cro-Cop in the UFC?

Lesnar - Cro-Cop
Lesnar - Arlovski
Lesnar - Severn
Lesnar - Mir 3
Lesnar - Fedor (Oh it's gonna happen)
Lesnar - Schaub

tumblr_mzbilepz3i1rqfnzjo1_400.gif

He wasn't considered a top face by the company at the time and was booked to wrestle Sheamus at mania

But he was, whether WWE considered him one or not. There could be no denying his popularity in spite of the hurdles put in his way.

I am not sure why people are saying Brock is a face. He is just a stone cold fuck machine, and Seth Rollins is just pretty enough.

Brock comes out and says that he is gonna kick somebodys ass. He then proceeds to make good on that promise and kicks everybodys ass, all while crowd is going crazy for him. In my opinion and I am sure 95% of wrestling fans opinion those are the actions of a definite babyface. That is what babyfaces are supposed to do. They make a promise and quickly/eventually make good on it.

Now, whether or not he remains a babyface is is yet to be seen. I hope that he does have a good run as a babyface - like til the end of his contract.

Stupid question, why the FUCK hasn't Sting had his bat in any of his appearances?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ok-at-how-a-pro-wrestling-story-comes-to-life

Really interesting article about WrestleMania XXX, with quotes from HHH, Steph and Daniel Bryan, a lot of the so-called "burials" were seemingly Bryan's idea.

Brought this over from the previous thread.

"For much of wrestling history, the action in the ring was called on the fly, with talent deciding how the match would proceed based on the crowd response and their own sixth sense about what would be effective. Interviews were done in a similar style.

Today, WWE is a completely different beast. Much of a televised wrestling match is designed with the help of agents backstage, former wrestlers with a knack for in-ring storytelling. Likewise, the interviews, once off-the-cuff diatribes, are carefully scripted by a team on the fourth floor of WWE's Stamford, Connecticut, headquarters."

And today wrestling is fucking shit, because not only do the writers stifle talent and charisma but they're not even writing for the fans, they're writing for an old bisexual man with a bodybuilding fetish.

Don't follow rasslin like I used to but the Royal Rumble was always my favorite event they did. With it coming up I think I'm actually going to watch it.

But not on PPV, fuck that.

However it's live on the WWE Network right? I have the UFC Fight Pass, WWEN works about the same?

Don't follow rasslin like I used to but the Royal Rumble was always my favorite event they did. With it coming up I think I'm actually going to watch it.

But not on PPV, fuck that.

However it's live on the WWE Network right? I have the UFC Fight Pass, WWEN works about the same?

Yeah, you can have it for a month with no commitment. So, it's either pay the $9.99 for it, with everything on top of it. Or, you pay the $50 for the Pay-Per-View.

Yeah, you can have it for a month with no commitment. So, it's either pay the $9.99 for it, with everything on top of it. Or, you pay the $50 for the Pay-Per-View.

Sounds good to me, plus, I can get back to watching NXT regularly, haven't done that in a while.

Thanks dude.

From the last thread

Nitro was on TNT from 9 - 11/11:30 (2 hours/3 hours). Thunder was on right after it iirc. Friday night wars 4 liiiiife!

I didn't sleep on Friday Nights:

Sky Sports
22.00-00.00 - WWF Raw is War

TNT:
21.00-00.00 - WCW Nitro
00.00-02.00 - WCW Thunder

Bravo:
02.00-03.00 - ECW Hardcore TV.

Then you had VH1 Classic Rock for advert breaks, or if you just wanted a break from Wrestling.

Cheers for that. Knew it was something close. Plus i think Bravo or a channel close to it also had at one point some of the old Von Erich wrestling shows they used to show around 6pm at one point too.

For those who missed Total Divas this week; Lana (yummy), Renee (tasty) and Summer did an excellent recap.

The WWE universe is never a truer statement than with this show. Total Divas Cena > WWE Cena a hundred times over.

Back