PWD 192 : Brock as babyface = WIN!!!

I was hoping for them to use that Powerman 5000 theme, I liked that one:

Which caused TNA go the full WCW and rip it off quite spectacularly

Sounds like a good thing I didn't watch last night. I'd have gone with Reigns, Bryan, Rusev, Ambrose and Wyatt for the final five. Fuck putting old men with no chance of winning in, have your top five "other" guys battle it out so no-one watching is sure of anything.

Well Cena has to be feeling pretty good about all of this. Not only was he in an early MOTY candidate, but he gets put into a program with an up and coming heel that the WWE has done a pretty darn good job of booking.

I had really hoped they might read the WWE universe better than they did last night and either turn RR heel, or let one of the other youngins take the win.

I'm not sure putting him with Heyman is best long term for him. Maybe its a "sit back and watch the master cut a promo" scenario, but is that gonna help RR long term? Also, does it kill Paul's heat? He's as over as anyone on the roster now, and the WWE proved last night that Roman is, for the time being, a bit of a pariah as even the Rock, THE ROCK was booed. Granted, its Philly.

Last edited:
Rumble was pretty bad. Roman Reigns winning it was predictable, but I figured they'd finally take the title off of Brock and put it back on Cena to set up Cena vs. Reigns in the battle of super men. Although if Cena had won, then I imagine there would have been a riot.

Reigns winning is fine (I don't want it but I understand the need) but the execution was horrible. I'm not really on the DB hype train, but they should have left him in as one of the last 5 guys. DB, Bray, Rusev, Ziggler and Reigns should have been the last 5 guys, with Ambrose going out right before them.

They could have used the Rumble to wrap up several story lines. A Wyatt family reunion would have been great. Miz or Mizdow eliminating each other and then leading to a match between them at Mania would have been great. They used it to tease their split, but I would have like to see them pull the trigger.

Ascension went over NAO but why bother? They didn't even look strong in it and the crowd was asleep. If you have a team like Ascension, the NAO match should have been a total squash. The Ascension need to be taken off TV and repackaged or need to start feuding with an established team. Otherwise its a waste to have brought them up.

The women's match was an average divas match. I wasn't watching super intently but Nikki has improved a lot in the ring it seems. Not saying much, but still gotta give credit where credit is due.

Cesaro, Tyson Kidd and Adam Rose as a team is just lame. I could care less for Adam Rose, but Cesaro and Tyson Kidd being wasted on a random tag team is a shame.

I was so close to getting the Network but they reminded me why I haven't. This company is beyond retarded. They only continue to be successful is because they have a monopoly on the business. I want to like wrestling, I really do, but they are making it extremely difficult.

wow raw is cancelled due to the no travel snowstorm thing in hartford

thats just going to piss everybody off even more

I was so close to getting the Network but they reminded me why I haven't. This company is beyond retarded. They only continue to be successful is because they have a monopoly on the business. I want to like wrestling, I really do, but they are making it extremely difficult.

Yeah man, I want to be able to like WWE as well but the way they run things I have a hard time following it.

I actually subbed preRumble and was looking forward to the event. It's the first time I've made it a point to sit down and watch a WWE PPV live since WM17. Royal Rumble has always been my favorite event, Sting's back, and there are some great characters.

Not some huge DB fan, and I don't give a shit that he was eliminated (albeit poorly). But the WWE basically said "hey fans, fuck you" with the way they handled that. Reigns main supporters are Vince McMahon and his Yes Men, who have basically shown they aren't 'best for business'. By no means am I saying Reigns cannot become what they want, but he sure as fuck isn't what they want him to be right now. Fucking awful Rumble and the matches before the amazing triple threat match were 100% suckass as well. The fucking preshow contest between New Day and Kidd/Cesaro was better than the Usos and Bellas slop filler matches.

So yeah, my sub was cancelled shortly after the Rock attempted to bail out Reigns with the fans and Rock had that confused look on his face. Then they had that dreadful promo afterwards.

NJPW and NXT are the way to go.. It's unfortunate that the NXT guys have this crap to look forward to.

here is how it should have ended. reigns wins the rumble, fans are pissed. brock comes out to confront him and we get our wrestlemania pose off. just as it looks like they are about to go at it, the rocks music hits. fans go nuts! rock comes in to back up his cousin and he is now jawing with brock. fans are electric! rock tees off on brock and sets him up for the peoples elbow. just before he delivers it........ SPEAR! reigns spears his cousin to the delight of Heyman. Rock is layed out.

heyman grabs the mic and says something along the lines of reigns doesnt like someone stealing his spotlight and he refuses to live under his shadow anymore. new heyman guy, instant hatred for reigns.

just gotta figure out how to deal with the main event at wrestlemania now. perhaps heyman dumps brock since he is gonna be the face anyway

Back