PWD 189: Royal Rumble Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop turning everything into an "IWC" whinefest. He's not as over with the crowds week-in and week-out as they want him to be. He was getting crazy over with the Shield at the end. He can get that over again. It has little to nothing to do with the "IWC" not liking him because he didn't come through ROH.

He was doing fine with crowds when he return with a exception of the last couple of weeks with crowds people in this thread have openly complained about being dead.

Roman Reigns should have won the Rumble last year.

Cena should beat Lesnar AND win the RR.

Fucking Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble for fuck sakes. Sheamus won the Royal Rumble, Rey Mysterio won the Royal Rumble, Miz went to Wrestlemania as the WWE champion and won. Lets stop acting like the Royal Rumble is a sacred match that only the best of the best are allowed to win.

So during the WWE's weakest time, okay.

Fucking Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble for fuck sakes. Sheamus won the Royal Rumble, Rey Mysterio won the Royal Rumble, Miz went to Wrestlemania as the WWE champion and won. Lets stop acting like the Royal Rumble is a scared match that only the best of the best are allowed to win.

That was part of my point. There isn't always someone who is clearly THE guy. That's why I said this is the kind of year you can take a chance on a guy like Reigns. But they're also risking turning the crowd against him like happened with Batista last year.

Best case for Reigns, imo: It's him, Rusev, Kane, Bryan, and Big Show, with one guy left to come. Bryan eliminates Kane, and Rusev eliminates Bryan from behind. Rusev and Show start pounding on Reigns. No. 30 is Cena (who, earlier, beat Lesnar only for Rollins to immediately cash in. Cena then took Rollins' spot in the Rumble, because Rollins left to celebrate being champion). Cena eliminates Show as Reigns eliminates Rusev. Reigns and Cena square off. They go back and forth with Cena getting the upperhand. Reigns ducks a clothesline and hits a HEEL SPEAR. Then tosses Cena out. I go home happy.

That was part of my point. There isn't always someone who is clearly THE guy. That's why I said this is the kind of year you can take a chance on a guy like Reigns. But they're also risking turning the crowd against him like happened with Batista last year.

Best case for Reigns, imo: It's him, Rusev, Kane, Bryan, and Big Show, with one guy left to come. Bryan eliminates Kane, and Rusev eliminates Bryan from behind. Rusev and Show start pounding on Reigns. No. 30 is Cena (who, earlier, beat Lesnar only for Rollins to immediately cash in. Cena then took Rollins' spot in the Rumble, because Rollins left to celebrate being champion). Cena eliminates Show as Reigns eliminates Rusev. Reigns and Cena square off. They go back and forth with Cena getting the upperhand. Reigns ducks a clothesline and hits a HEEL SPEAR. Then tosses Cena out. I go home happy.

That would work.

And frickin' Mysterio won it in 06.

I'm not a Reigns hater, by the way. I like him, and that may well prove to be why Bubba kills me one of these days.

Well Stevie Richards did.

Yes.
They have plenty of time to build him just like they did with Batista in 05.

Was Benoit big time over heading into WM 20? I remember I was stoked, because I had been a Benoit fan since his Horseman days (he was the only one of them I liked). But I don't know if I was letting my fandom make it seem like he was more over than he really was.

I think so. People were tired of HBK/HHH.

Past Rumble Winners:
Batista
Sheamus
Cena
Edge
Orton
Rey Mysterio
Undertaker

This is the first time that WWE has tried to build a new star through the Rumble in 10 years after NUMEROUS complaints about WWE not building stars and then when they try it's not the guy you want. No matter what they do, they won't win.

Was Benoit big time over heading into WM 20? I remember I was stoked, because I had been a Benoit fan since his Horseman days (he was the only one of them I liked). But I don't know if I was letting my fandom make it seem like he was more over than he really was.

I think it was more of HHH and HBK feuding for two years at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back