PWD 189: Royal Rumble Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reigns will never been "ready" in the IWC eyes because they don't him as champion. As Vince said, the IWC shouldn't be picking your champions for you.

im not talking about the iwc, im talking about the live audiences. and thats been a big issue with the wwe the pass decade, they ignore the crowd and go with whoever they feel when for the longest time thats not how pro wrestling has worked. your one of those weird smarks or hipsters that has a problem with anyone thats popular. like if the rock debuted this year and was as over as he was in the late 90's but cena was still the champ you would probably bitch about how people would want him to have the belt lol.

The "issues" with Reigns seem like a pretty simple fix. He doesn't have to talk like the Rock, just keep his promos short and intense - make him a "man of action" so to speak. Highlight the intensity of him in-ring, and make that a big part of his character. The guy seems by all accounts to be an OK dude and a hard worker - taking acting classes and whatnot while he was hurt. And I like his moveset, limited as it may be. I like the superman punch a lot - I actually think that should be the finisher, and his flying apron kick.

I wonder if they'd have been better off not bringing him back until the Rumble itself. Not as a surprise, but just announce that he'll return at the Rumble, do a little reminder each week that he's 4 weeks away, 3 weeks, etc., then have him come out with a half dozen mid-card heels in the ring and just spear/superman punch all their stupid faces off right off the bat.

to me, reigns is pretty fucking cool. and seems to be trying to get better. his match with rollins on raw was pretty good imo. i just dont want him to get the cena treatment where he's booked and pushed like he's the top guy and yet half the crowd boos him. i hate that shit. and i have a feeling that may happen if he wins the rumble and not bryan because thats just how over bryan is.

That was part of my point. There isn't always someone who is clearly THE guy. That's why I said this is the kind of year you can take a chance on a guy like Reigns. But they're also risking turning the crowd against him like happened with Batista last year.

Best case for Reigns, imo: It's him, Rusev, Kane, Bryan, and Big Show, with one guy left to come. Bryan eliminates Kane, and Rusev eliminates Bryan from behind. Rusev and Show start pounding on Reigns. No. 30 is Cena (who, earlier, beat Lesnar only for Rollins to immediately cash in. Cena then took Rollins' spot in the Rumble, because Rollins left to celebrate being champion). Cena eliminates Show as Reigns eliminates Rusev. Reigns and Cena square off. They go back and forth with Cena getting the upperhand. Reigns ducks a clothesline and hits a HEEL SPEAR. Then tosses Cena out. I go home happy.

Somehow they need to turn Big Show face. I think it is in his contract he has to change from heel to face or face to heel every 3 months.

Struggle, complaining about complainers and using ass-backwards logic.
Everybody is 'IWC' who doesn't agree with him.. despite also being part of the 'IWC'.

so any one here going to be watching NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9 usually don't watch it but watch it last time it was it was great so will watch again
[YT]RbHhMMI4gUk[/YT]

Can't fucking wait. Going to watch the shit out of it. Really happy about the announce team too, it's going to be great.

Guess I'm in the minority, don't much card for Reigns at this point. Dude is so meh with a meh finisher.. But it doesn't mean he can't change all that by improving. WWE is gonna rush him into something people won't like though, and that's when Cena wins.

The "issues" with Reigns seem like a pretty simple fix. He doesn't have to talk like the Rock, just keep his promos short and intense - make him a "man of action" so to speak. Highlight the intensity of him in-ring, and make that a big part of his character. The guy seems by all accounts to be an OK dude and a hard worker - taking acting classes and whatnot while he was hurt. And I like his moveset, limited as it may be. I like the superman punch a lot - I actually think that should be the finisher, and his flying apron kick.

I wonder if they'd have been better off not bringing him back until the Rumble itself. Not as a surprise, but just announce that he'll return at the Rumble, do a little reminder each week that he's 4 weeks away, 3 weeks, etc., then have him come out with a half dozen mid-card heels in the ring and just spear/superman punch all their stupid faces off right off the bat.

I like both ideas. To me this has been my favorite Reigns promo moments and it's exactly what you're saying. Badass moment and a 2 sentence promo followed by Miz backing down. Short and sweet.

This would have been the best bet I think.

Despite what the IWC thinks, after the way Brock has been booked the only credible ways to take the belt off him is either Cena or Reigns, with Rollins taking it from one of them with MITB. After his injury so soon after winning the title, I doubt Vince is in a hurry to put it on Bryan again. Reigns is the type of guy Vince pops a boner for. Big and muscle bound.

I'm going with other since there isn't an option for bryan and reigns to win the rumble.

Just my own 2 cents but I know everyone was saying how shit the crowd was during the raw in dc..but I was there live and it was super hot..surprisingly the only time it got quiet was during the rest holds in the reigns vs Rollins match..the ending sequence got a huge pop though..even the ascension got an "anarchy"..chant (wasn't too impressed with them though tbh)..rybacks speech was super over..initially the idiots chanting "what" stfu after they realized it was a serious promo..I guess it just didn't come off that way on tv..but reigns..db..ryback..e&c..and mizdow were super over..orton came-out after the taping ended to a huge pop too..surprisingly there were a buncha kids in my section booing cena..Oh and rusev had some major heat..although Lana got a chant..she was super over

Brock and Heyman should kidnap Reigns and attempt to embalm him after he wins the RR.

Or put her on a giant Undertaker symbol to marry Brock.

Or put her on a giant Undertaker symbol to marry Brock.

If she's marrying Brock, then she should be on this

Jimmy-Johns.png

That was part of my point. There isn't always someone who is clearly THE guy. That's why I said this is the kind of year you can take a chance on a guy like Reigns. But they're also risking turning the crowd against him like happened with Batista last year.

Best case for Reigns, imo: It's him, Rusev, Kane, Bryan, and Big Show, with one guy left to come. Bryan eliminates Kane, and Rusev eliminates Bryan from behind. Rusev and Show start pounding on Reigns. No. 30 is Cena (who, earlier, beat Lesnar only for Rollins to immediately cash in. Cena then took Rollins' spot in the Rumble, because Rollins left to celebrate being champion). Cena eliminates Show as Reigns eliminates Rusev. Reigns and Cena square off. They go back and forth with Cena getting the upperhand. Reigns ducks a clothesline and hits a HEEL SPEAR. Then tosses Cena out. I go home happy.

Something like this would work really well, imo.

Roman Reigns isn't ready but Daniel Bryan should beat Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

I'm going with other since there isn't an option for bryan and reigns to win the rumble.

I voted for Reigns, but if Bryan wins that would be cool too. That little dude goes hard. I'm wondering if his style will change since his neck injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back