PWD 189: Royal Rumble Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had him beat just didn't go for the cover. I remember being a kid and screaming pin him you idiot!! at the tv

powerbomb_o_gifsoupcom.gif

just thinking ahead to the rumble...im cool with wwe going with reigns as their next guy, i like the dude. but if theyre smart they'll have bryan win the rumble. if they make reigns throw bryan out to win then they are fucking that dudes career up. i think they were hoping that bryan's fanbase had died down a little since the long break...but the pop he got when he announced he was in it was crazy. i feel like if reigns beats bryan for the win then theyre gonna make the fans turn on him like they did batista last year. idk, should be interesting

Reigns isn't going to eliminate Bryan. Maybe Rusev or Sheamus does but not Reigns. If they boo afterwards...Deal With It.

Cant find a video of Bryans return that shows the initial pop from the crowd
WWE only has him already in the ring

Vince Russo was just starting to win over the IWC by criticizing Vince and WWE and now he dun rustled jimmies.

Yet Another Wrestling Myth Everybody Needs to Get Over in 2015

"Fake" championship belt? :(

Reigns isn't going to eliminate Bryan. Maybe Rusev or Sheamus does but not Reigns. If they boo afterwards...Deal With It.

it's not me that'll have to deal with it. it'll be reigns that has too. i definitely dont want to see the top babyface get the john cena treatment where half the crowd likes him and the other half doesnt. the problem with the wwe now is that they try to make their own top star instead of them just organically getting over.

I don't think Reigns should win it imo. His injury time off is partially to blame but he doesn't seem as over with the crowd as he should be for a big Wrestlemania moment. Also, the backlash won't be good for him because people will be pissed if he does. Not a good way to introduce a "newer" top player. Summerslam

I don't think Reigns should win it imo. His injury time off is partially to blame but he doesn't seem as over with the crowd as he should be for a big Wrestlemania moment. Also, the backlash won't be good for him because people will be pissed if he does. Not a good way to introduce a "newer" top player. Summerslam

this. he was getting pretty damn over during the his end run with the shield but the time off has hurt him. im not even saying he cant be in the main event at mania, but i definitely think they need to protect him a lil and not make some of the fans turn on him just because he wins the rumble and bryan didnt

it's not me that'll have to deal with it. it'll be reigns that has too. i definitely dont want to see the top babyface get the john cena treatment where half the crowd likes him and the other half doesnt. the problem with the wwe now is that they try to make their own top star instead of them just organically getting over.

Reigns will never been "ready" in the IWC eyes because they don't him as champion. As Vince said, the IWC shouldn't be picking your champions for you.

No it should be a buncha Hollywood writer rejects that have never watched rasslin a day in their life that pick your champions

The whole "is he ready" debate, imo, misses the point. It's not about being "ready" or getting "ready" or anything like that - the guy headlining WM should be THE guy. When Stone Cold headlined WM 14 against Shawn, there was nobody else that should have been there just like there was nobody else but Shawn that should have been there at WM 12. At 15 when it was Stone Cold and Rocky, both of them were the guys that unquestionably should have been there. Same was true for Batista at WM 21. Same was true for Hogan in so many of those early WMs, for Warrior at WM 6, for HHH at WM 18, for Brock at 19. And that was absolutely the case for Bryan last year.

This year, I don't know that there is a THE guy. Maybe it's still Bryan, because of how much time he missed this year. Maybe it would have been Reigns, but his story/journey got all fucked up with his injury.

So, I think there's two choices: either do a feel-good replay with Bryan, or take a chance with Reigns. If you take a chance with Reigns, though, they need to take care not to have the fans turn against him. In addition to him not tossing Bryan last, they need to have Reigns beat someone the Philly crowd likes even less.

Reigns eliminating Batista would work :p

I just don't see how him winning the rumble won't get a bad reaction. It's not really his fault either that injury just killed him in being THAT GUY

Reigns will never been "ready" in the IWC eyes because they don't him as champion. As Vince said, the IWC shouldn't be picking your champions for you.
It's because he doesn't have the "indy cred" of Ambrose and Rollins. Whatever that is.

Please stop turning everything into an "IWC" whinefest. He's not as over with the crowds week-in and week-out as they want him to be. He was getting crazy over with the Shield at the end. He can get that over again. It has little to nothing to do with the "IWC" not liking him because he didn't come through ROH.

I'm talking for myself too, I don't like it. I don't watch any indy shit and the only forum i post on about wrestling is here. I just feel disconnected and don't care after his injury.

Fucking Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble for fuck sakes. Sheamus won the Royal Rumble, Rey Mysterio won the Royal Rumble, Miz went to Wrestlemania as the WWE champion and won. Lets stop acting like the Royal Rumble is a sacred match that only the best of the best are allowed to win.

I'm talking for myself too, I don't like it. I don't watch any indy shit and the only forum i post on about wrestling is here. I just feel disconnected and don't care after his injury.

Bryan been gone since last April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back