PWD 150: Arena only holds 37,000, but that doesn't mean we can't say it's 80,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to be a big wrestling fan when the characters were cool. It use to be that wrestlers would experiment with characters and personalities and come up with something really cool and unique like the ultimate warrior, macho man, million dollar man, uundertaker, Brett hart an so on. Now it's Fucking Jon Cena a skater guy. Wrestlers were suppose to be spectacles that WEREN'T LIKE US. Now they just poll what's popular and cater to those groups. Skaters=jon Cena, underdogs= Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton who is basically a copy of the Rock. No creativity anymore.

I used to be a big MMA fan when fighters were looking to finish their opponent and past steroid users not bitching about the AC's banning TRT. It used to be way too good for entertainment. Now, fighters will sneak out a decision to be safe and not get cut.

The only improvement MMA has reached at this point is that the brands themselves got rid of the skull and skeletons all over their shirts.

I don't understand how grown adults can watch wrestling. Why would someone watch people pretend fighting when you can watch real fighting? Its pathetic in my opinion for a grown adult (who's not gay) to enjoy spending their time watching muscular men in underpants pretend to fight one another.

Yellow, Yellow, Yellow.

Pretty sure BareKnuckelz was trolling guys...

Also, John Cena a skater guy? Did I miss that character?

I used to be a big MMA fan when fighters were looking to finish their opponent and past steroid users not bitching about the AC's banning TRT. It used to be way too good for entertainment. Now, fighters will sneak out a decision to be safe and not get cut.

The only improvement MMA has reached at this point is that the brands themselves got rid of the skull and skeletons all over their shirts.

To be honest, I'm getting bored of MMA. I'm the biggest fan around. I grew up in martial arts and studied MMA since the late 90s. I watched the whole thing evolve from the first UFCS through the Pride days. MMA stinks now. Ways too many fighters and weight classes shoved down our throats.

The this was cool and interesting because of everyone's fascination with who the best fighter in the world was, who is the top guy. MMA doesn't pursue that anymore. It's all about marketing, action, and "sport". Martial arts is more than a sport. By marketing it as a sport it becomes minimalized into something less interesting.

Pretty sure BareKnuckelz was trolling guys...

Also, John Cena a skater guy? Did I miss that character?

The only people I have ever seen wear long jean shorts are teenage skater kids.

Isn't it true though that they can fit a lot of floor seats in a pride show that aren't included in the listed capacity? Because the ring is pretty small. There is a whole soccer field that can be filled with chairs no?

I dont think ANY arena can add over twice the capacity intended to the floor area. Like Smigg said, it is an old pro wrestling trick. Wrestlemania 7 said it had over 90,000 people in attendance when in reality it was a little over 10,000...

Last time i check Saitama Super Arena isnt a football stadium. And even with floor seat good luck filling out +50000 more people inside.

Also, complaining about the current wrestling by stroking the old era is just nostalgia trip. There's still plenty of good wrestling around. That ROH/NJPW was quite good.

By the way Tropodan your line of thinking of how current MMA is shit is...shit. Try to appy those line of thinking into boxing and see how it is holding up. And yes, last time i check boxing is a martial art. Just because they dont have belt doesnt mean that isnt a martial art.

Lastly, whenever the wrestling is gay insult i cant help but think people who act on stage with a play, along with people watching it is also gay as well.

I dont think ANY arena can add over twice the capacity intended to the floor area. Like Smigg said, it is an old pro wrestling trick. Wrestlemania 7 said it had over 90,000 people in attendance when in reality it was a little over 10,000...
That's after they moved it from the Coliseum though. It would've been perfectly capable of holding that much.

That was because WMVII was held at the Memorial Sports Arena in L.A., instead of the Memorial Colliseum, due to the rumours of death threads against Slaughter. There's also the part about them having terribly low ticket sales. It has always been a hard task to sell out the Colliseum.

I know they moved WM7, but it was due to horrible sales. The death threats or "security concerns" IMHO are a kayfabe excuse. At the event they still said there was 90K in attendance though and this was after the event was moved. No matter what the excuse they still were saying over 80K more people were there...

Just top point this out, back in the day pro wrestling numbers weren't just worked upwards to make the attendance figure more than what the actual attendance was, sometimes they would be worked downwards to make the attendance figure less than what the actual attendance was.

That's because it's a shit venue.

I would like to see some improvements done on the inside like at Soldier Field at Chicago instead of building a new stadium at L.A. Live.

It's one of the most beautiful Olympic stadiums in the world, but a subpar venue to host anything. There's a reason it wasn't fit to host a NFL franchise nor host the World Cup final in '94.

Unless it's the new stadium in Santa Clara, all football stadiums in California are dumps. They haven't updated them since the 60s.

With Oakland getting the shit end.

Jeebus, Thecyndicate. I thought that tool got banned.

Wand makes videos of his ugly self bitching about Chael and other senseless crap about him- Ooooh you're dead Chael! WAR Wand!

Chael does a pro wrasslin promo post fight- Go to WWE, Chael! This is not pro wrasslin! This is hardcore MMA!

Fucking ridiculous.

I'll never understand PRIDE fanboys who hate Chael. It's the same thing!!!

With Oakland getting the shit end.

I used to want a new stadium until I saw the crazy ticket prices niner fans gotta deal with now
Ill stick with my 60 dollar lower level tickets and be just fine
Well until the team moves in 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back