PWD 150: Arena only holds 37,000, but that doesn't mean we can't say it's 80,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smigg

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
x4m45e.png

-Do not come here and tell us what we are discussing and/or watching is gay/fake. We don't care. A lot of people don't care. We love it and we'll keep watching the shows and we'll talk about it here.

-There will be a lot of arguing starting from post #2 to post #1000 like any other thread. We are passionate. Sometimes we disagree with each other but at the end of the day, we all laugh at gifs/videos/quotes from our favorite performers all throughout pro wrestling history.

-You can also be a pro wrestling fan if you are into MMA. Major MMA organizations around the world have borrowed tricks from pro wrestling to get people tuned in. Pro wrestling is legit, choreographed along with a great story. Actual physical contact happens. Chair shots, steel steps bumps, table breaks and other crazy spots are real.

-Name calling of other posters is allowed but referring to them as idiots, trolls or morons (we all are in our own way, we don't need to be reminded) will not be tolerated. We want to maintain a friendly vibe in here.

-Talking about performers that have passed away is fine, but let's respect their families' privacy by not discussing how they died or what they have done in the past that caused their death. Unless it's REALLY funny.

-Post #1000 starts the next thread. If the poster of #1000 does not make a new thread within 10 minutes of his post, the poster of #1001 can make the next thread and so on.

Host:
images

Rosanna Castillo

Theme song:
[YT]mW6VgcDdrvo[/YT]

Last edited:
Nice title. :icon_chee

Thought you'd like that one :icon_chee

Then again, this is the same guy who came out with these winners:

Well, I doubt Fedor would have gotten Hendo into his guard because of where Hendo was, he was too close to the cage, kneeling to his side when you look at the positions they were in when Herb stepped in.

2ahglfo.jpg

Hendo could have gotten the mount from there too.

Picking and showing a picture really doesn't help anything. You could take a picture during a transition of someone that got guard and still make it look like they weren't going to get guard.

The fact of the matter, is we won't know, because Herb Dean jumped in SO FAST to stop it.

I have seen plenty of people get guard from that close to the cage. We have also seen Fedor in that position against stronger wrestlers like Randleman and he just popped up like nothing.

The thing is, he was fine and defending himself, even after the several illegal blows.

The long and short of this "Pffft, you can prove anything with pictoral evidence!"

Hey, did you know that Dan Severn wasn't a pro-wrestler?!

He is a REAL wreslter, try again.

Can you please explain how Dan Severn, who was a Pro wrestler before starting MMA, is a "real" wrestler but Brock Lesner, the for former NCAA champion, is a "fake" wrestler?

What about Ken Shamrock? He was a Pro Wrestler before entering MMA, is he a "real" or a "fake" wrestler?

lol, you guys have your time tables backwards.

How so? When Dan Severn entered the UFC, he was the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, he even carried the belt to the ring. He was a Pro Wrestler before he was in the UFC, in fact, he was holding it in that picture.

He was not in a MAJOR promotion and it had nothing to do with how he fought. I didn't see any "clotheslines", "Body-Slams", jumping from the cage, or anything. No, his entire fight game was based on REAL wrestling, from the REAL world.

BTW, this topic got wastelanded,... so who won the argument here? Enjoy, lol.

So, this guy is in the upper echelon of Fedormentalist/Pride Dipshit.

Last edited:
Fedor fans care too much about his career than Fedor. They're the same type of people who wish and cry for reunions of stupid bands and couples etc etc of the showbiz world.

Story about the title, please? This Cyndicate guy seemed to be an amusing asshole

Story about the title, please? This Cyndicate guy seemed to be an amusing asshole

Thread in the wasteland, usual thread about Fedor being the GOAT because he beat some guy who won something 7 years later.

Anyways, Brother Man here goes off on his Pride Dipshit rant about how "Pride were getting 80+ thousand people in the arenas" I said "Don't bullshit, they did that once with K-1" and then he says "No, they did, that was a Pride show!"

I then posed the question that when they posted the numbers, that they may be doing the old pro wrestling trick of inflating the numbers to make it look better. He said "No, they were really doing that!"

I then said, well, what about the Saitama Super Arena, that has a capacity of 37,000, they're not getting that many people in there. He said "That's seating capacity, Pride had people stood up"! So they really did get that many people.

I then showed him a picture, every person had a seat, STILL wouldn't have it, so now I'm poking him with a stick.

lol, what did he say when you showed him the pic?
And who the fuck in their right mind would let people stand up in a fighting event? Now if it is a concert then it would be ok, but fighting?

lol, what did he say when you showed him the pic?
And who the fuck in their right mind would let people stand up in a fighting event? Now if it is a concert then it would be ok, but fighting?
Add to the fact they're not like UFC fans who get drunk, always standing and screaming bullshit.

I don't understand how grown adults can watch wrestling. Why would someone watch people pretend fighting when you can watch real fighting? Its pathetic in my opinion for a grown adult (who's not gay) to enjoy spending their time watching muscular men in underpants pretend to fight one another.

It is a natural transition for an ex Pride fan. I missed Pride booking and now Wwe fills that void.

I don't understand how grown adults can watch wrestling. Why would someone watch people pretend fighting when you can watch real fighting? Its pathetic in my opinion for a grown adult (who's not gay) to enjoy spending their time watching muscular men in underpants pretend to fight one another.
2aiedtc.gif

Real fighting... Yes. I've been watching MMA since 2007. If you call Ben Henderson fights that ended in a decision and him winning, I don't consider that real fighting. I call that, another way of treating insomnia.

Remember kids, it's gay if you don't actually hit him, just like in the movies.

I use to be a big wrestling fan when the characters were cool. It use to be that wrestlers would experiment with characters and personalities and come up with something really cool and unique like the ultimate warrior, macho man, million dollar man, uundertaker, Brett hart an so on. Now it's Fucking Jon Cena a skater guy. Wrestlers were suppose to be spectacles that WEREN'T LIKE US. Now they just poll what's popular and cater to those groups. Skaters=jon Cena, underdogs= Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton who is basically a copy of the Rock. No creativity anymore.

The irony...

Wand makes videos of his ugly self bitching about Chael and other senseless crap about him- Ooooh you're dead Chael! WAR Wand!

Chael does a pro wrasslin promo post fight- Go to WWE, Chael! This is not pro wrasslin! This is hardcore MMA!

Fucking ridiculous.

Thread in the wasteland, usual thread about Fedor being the GOAT because he beat some guy who won something 7 years later.

Anyways, Brother Man here goes off on his Pride Dipshit rant about how "Pride were getting 80+ thousand people in the arenas" I said "Don't bullshit, they did that once with K-1" and then he says "No, they did, that was a Pride show!"

I then posed the question that when they posted the numbers, that they may be doing the old pro wrestling trick of inflating the numbers to make it look better. He said "No, they were really doing that!"

I then said, well, what about the Saitama Super Arena, that has a capacity of 37,000, they're not getting that many people in there. He said "That's seating capacity, Pride had people stood up"! So they really did get that many people.

I then showed him a picture, every person had a seat, STILL wouldn't have it, so now I'm poking him with a stick.

Isn't it true though that they can fit a lot of floor seats in a pride show that aren't included in the listed capacity? Because the ring is pretty small. There is a whole soccer field that can be filled with chairs no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back