pullups/ chinups

This is frustrating to me... I have made two legit helpful posts, and the ts has acknowledged neither of them and chosen instead to spend his time rebutting attacks. Seems like you're concerned over little more than your image there bub.

well 1st , i do know alot about running and cardio workouts 2nd i typically only give advice about running/cardio. 3rd. what u are talking about is my perfect pushup recomendation , which i can do since i tried them out and am just stating my opinion on how i feel about them4th i said i dont know much and you probally know more before i gave my personal experience about it. 5th get AWAY!!!!

I'm sorry, I'm really not TRYING to be dickish...but it's not like we're just having a discussion that we disagree about. It's kinda like I have a moral obligation for you to not get other people to do pushups, cardio, and abs and call that a workout.

It's kinda like my religion. If you'd like to check out my "Bible" start with tha FAQ, then move on to "My Favorite Idiot In The Gym" thread. It will change your life and then we can be best friends.

This is frustrating to me... I have made two legit helpful posts, and the ts has acknowledged neither of them and chosen instead to spend his time rebutting attacks. Seems like you're concerned over little more than your image there bub.

Exactly. Send him to the FAQ!!!!

come on Urban, give him some slack. He is unconscious from trying clapping pullups.

rofl :icon_lol:

~Foz

Yes. And I forgot to list them in my list of variations. Additionally you can vary grip width on a number of the variants I gave you to almost triple the list if you include narrow, medium and wide grip pullups.

Everyone's goals are different, some people want to train very efficiently, others want to do 100 pushups. whatever your goals are I like to think this is a relatively conducive environment for achieving them. So, I for one applaud your endeavor to improve pullup proficiency.

But please don't neglect your lower body, if you insist on a bodyweight only routine (and I don't endorse this), I HIGHLY reccomend you get good at pistols (one legged squats). Lower body is key to any real development.

What 100 pushup program are you on and how many pushups can you do right now?

well i go running 5 times a week and usually spend one of those days sprinting so that should help me with lower body strength.

the pushup program is that of the :icon_twisperfect pushup:icon_twis i can do about 35

actually i just answered them , and thanyou for ure posts, i was in a rush and didnt notice ure posts (i only responded , at least i think , to the posts before yours)

well i go running 5 times a week and usually spend one of those days sprinting so that should help me with lower body strength.

the pushup program is that of the :icon_twisperfect pushup:icon_twis i can do about 35

I own the perfect pushup actually... It was a gift. it's a piece of shit really, and I invented my own years back (couple lazy suzan bearings and some plywood). you didn't answer my question about how many pushups you can do right now. I ask, because maybe you should consider a program like density training to increase your reps.

And no, one day of sprinting a week + 4 days of jogging does NOT (I repeat: DOES NOT) constitute an effective lower body routine.

I'll say that again: ONE DAY OF SPRINTING + 4 DAYS OF JOGGING DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EFFECTIVE LOWER BODY ROUTINE.

Maybe one more time?

<blink>ONE DAY OF SPRINTING + 4 DAYS OF JOGGING DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EFFECTIVE LOWER BODY ROUTINE.</blink>​

come on Urban, give him some slack. He is unconscious from trying clapping pullups.

rofl :icon_lol:

~Foz

pretty funny:icon_lol::icon_lol: i dont even know where to begin with those(maybe ill youtube them) and i will respond to posts in this thread, i will check it probaly at least a 3 times over the next couple days probably more

pretty funny:icon_lol::icon_lol: i dont even know where to begin with those(maybe ill youtube them) and i will respond to posts in this thread, i will check it probaly at least a 3 times over the next couple days probably more

I seriously doubt that you have the explosive power, strength, or speed to be able to do one - judging from said talk of your training so far.

~Foz

I own the perfect pushup actually... It was a gift. it's a piece of shit really, and I invented my own years back (couple lazy suzan bearings and some plywood). you didn't answer my question about how many pushups you can do right now. I ask, because maybe you should consider a program like density training to increase your reps.

And no, one day of sprinting a week + 4 days of jogging does NOT (I repeat: DOES NOT) constitute an effective lower body routine.

I'll say that again: ONE DAY OF SPRINTING + 4 DAYS OF JOGGING DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EFFECTIVE LOWER BODY ROUTINE.

Maybe one more time?

<blink>ONE DAY OF SPRINTING + 4 DAYS OF JOGGING DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EFFECTIVE LOWER BODY ROUTINE.</blink>​

thats kinda cool, and actualy before u typed that i edited my post and said how many, which is 35, and that sucks about the perfect pushup u coulda been a millionaire.

problem is im leaving for my year abroad(college) in around september so i dont wana pay a years membership for a gym and i dont know (laugh, go ahead) how to do squats right or other exercises. did i mention im running cross country for college next year (division 3) so im just trying to build up my upper body a little bit to help with running, thus the pushup/pullup routine plus some other team workouts, anyhow will people flam me if i start a thread discussing the :icon_twisperfect pushup:icon_twis? EDIT: i used the search button and concluded this site does not need another perfect pushup thread

I seriously doubt that you have the explosive power, strength, or speed to be able to do one - judging from said talk of your training so far.

~Foz

probally true, but hey that aint gona stop me from trying it, thats just how i am

I think it really depends on your body type, I'm 6'2" and can do way more underhand pull-ups than overhand, and feel it more in my lats when I do them that way. On the contrary, my History teacher and uncle who are pretty short, 5'6"- 5'9", and stocky can do more overhand wide grip pullups than underhand. Besides, when I do them overhand it feels unnatural and not as much of a workout.

oh no you didn't

P.S. If Urban and Keith were a gay couple and adopted me... my life would be complete...

I do weighted chins and pullups.

The chin ups are really for the biceps(I aints a curl monkey I just need long lasting bicep strength for jiu jitsu).

I usually do a set with a good amount of weight and on the last few just fight it all the way down for as long as I can.

Strength + muscular endurance = good stuff for grappling.

I do weighted chins and pullups.

The chin ups are really for the biceps(I aints a curl monkey I just need long lasting bicep strength for jiu jitsu).

I usually do a set with a good amount of weight and on the last few just fight it all the way down for as long as I can.

Strength + muscular endurance = good stuff for grappling.

Why do you need bicep strength for jiujitsu?

Why do you need bicep strength for jiujitsu?

You squeeze alot, for prolonged periods of time.

I try not to "goon" anything while rolling and put all of my concentration into technique but why not have biceps that can squeeze tighter than anyone else and for longer than anyone else.
Upper body strength is important for grappling.

Back