pullups/ chinups

I'm not sure it is important at all. I think it depends on what kind of distances he is running. If he were a sprinter (I don't think he is), then he should have a serious lifting routine. But if he is a distance runner, maybe not. If you look at top echelon marathon runners, they are emaciated. I imagine that for those guys any added mass is a big disadvantage.

Disclaimer: I can barely run to my kitchen to get my whey powder.

cross country college is usually under 5 miles at speed under or around9for the slower ones) 5 minute miles

TS needs to channel his inner Screech for Cross country.

Screech.jpg

haha not funy,

and btw thats the point of my bodyweight exercises , so i dont turn into him

haha not funy,

and btw thats the point of my bodyweight exercises , so i dont turn into him
More reps with the fork from turning into him.

So lets say you're right and a cross country run is 5 or less miles at 12 miles an hour or better, that means your run is only 25 minutes right?

The end result of this thread is that a comprehensive bodyweight routine is better than what you're doing right now. I'd recommend a book like "Never Gymless" by ross enamait (google) to better educate yourself on the matter, and better understand proper conditioning and program development.

As far as reaching your goal of 100 pushups, why not do density training? Check out book 2 on this spreadsheet

More reps with the fork from turning into him.

So lets say you're right and a cross country run is 5 or less miles at 12 miles an hour or better, that means your run is only 25 minutes right?

The end result of this thread is that a comprehensive bodyweight routine is better than what you're doing right now. I'd recommend a book like "Never Gymless" by ross enamait (google) to better educate yourself on the matter, and better understand proper conditioning and program development.

As far as reaching your goal of 100 pushups, why not do density training? Check out book 2 on this spreadsheet

thankx for ure help i have the ross book series and ill start using them a bit more

You post too much. Try putting two sentences into one post.

Do you see now?

all i know is im not racing in any 10 mile races and in order to be competitive for division 3 i need under 5 minute miles closer to 4
I said "what" because your post was incomprehensible. What the hell does around9for mean? Anyway, I guess you are running races of less than 5 miles?

If that is the case I would think that lifting weights would greatly benefit you. Maybe one day a week devoted to strength/lifting, another day doing sprints, and the rest of the week running.

I said "what" because your post was incomprehensible. What the hell does around9for mean? Anyway, I guess you are running races of less than 5 miles?

If that is the case I would think that lifting weights would greatly benefit you. Maybe one day a week devoted to strength/lifting, another day doing sprints, and the rest of the week running.

He must be on the treadmill while he's posting.

how do u think im typing this? lol, actually im waiting for time to tick down on ebay before i bid :D

He was trying to type "under 5 miles at speed under or around (for the slower ones) 5 minute miles", failed to use the space bar and then missed the shift key when he went to type "(" and got "9" instead.

He needs teh Perfect Space Bar and Perfect Shift Key.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ZOjNz6bjIs&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ZOjNz6bjIs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Say no more..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ZOjNz6bjIs&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ZOjNz6bjIs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Say no more..

He was trying to type "under 5 miles at speed under or around (for the slower ones) 5 minute miles", failed to use the space bar and then missed the shift key when he went to type "(" and got "9" instead.

He needs teh Perfect Space Bar and Perfect Shift Key.

I chuckled, thanks.

Back