Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Contest

Reading comprehension fail. F

You said Muslims want you to stop drawing Muhammed, and that is precisely why you should draw Muhammed, because the principle is that we don't negotiate with terrorists.

If that's not what you meant, you shouldn't have typed it?

Telling me I can't draw a picture is extremely controlling, while me drawing that picture is not trolling, rather it is establishing my right not to be controlled by their values and beliefs.

Do you understand the principle behind "we don't negotiate with terrorists"?

You said Muslims want you to stop drawing Muhammed, and that is precisely why you should draw Muhammed, because the principle is that we don't negotiate with terrorists.

If that's not what you meant, you shouldn't have typed it?
Go have a coffee or something. You're usually better than this.

Lol. You see drawing a picture of Muhammed engaged in sex acts with animals and children as standing up to terrorism?
Do you see drawings on black metal-albums that read "F**K me Jesus" and lyrics about how evil Jesus is as standing up to Christianity?

Since Christians don't go out and behead people for doing so, should we treat Muslims differently because they feel a righteous indignation and a thirst for blood? Doesn't that send a signal to people that if you use violence and get really triggered, then we succumb to your culture?

So you must have sided with the Christian baker in Colorad?

I don't even care about the legal end of all of this. Let them hash that out. I think just because it is legal and protected to go out and be an asshole doesn't make you not an asshole. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

One of these dumb shits will end up getting killed (an outrageous and horrific act) and then everyone will feel sorry for him. That is stupid too.

They should do another one in Texas, so they can cap some extremists.

Do you see drawings on black metal-albums that read "F**K me Jesus" and lyrics about how evil Jesus is as standing up to Christianity?

Yeah, I guess that is one way to put it. I don't buy those albums though, seems juvenile and disrespectful. I'm pretty sure the music will suck too if that is the album art.

Since Christians don't go out and behead people for doing so, should we treat Muslims differently because they feel a righteous indignation and a thirst for blood? Doesn't that send a signal to people that if you use violence and get really triggered, then we succumb to your culture?

I think that gathering a bunch of people who hate a religion together to mock that religion is just an absurd and divisive thing to do. Like I said, it would be like having a bunch of Jewish people show up at a convention center and make fun of Hindus. Why would anybody want to do that? It's just a trashy, low class, embarrassing display of trolling.

There are ways to combat extremism, if that is the goal. This obviously is not one of them, and it does not intend to do anything productive. It's just a bunch of angry incels who want to feel edgy. I'm not pro-canceling the event, I'm anti-ever having the stupid ass idea in the first place.

"My grandfather fought the Nazis in WW2 and saved the world from Hitler. To carry on that great American tradition, I'm going to draw a picture of Muhammed in his underpants. Tee Hee!"

It's absolutely hilarious that people are taking the side of the crazy lunatics rioting over a cartoon, over the people drawing them, and can't comprehend just how much they've already submitted by taking such a silly stance.

Of course. Freedom of speech protects your right to be a moron. I am just pointing out that they are morons. Even worse, they are counterproductive morons.

That's how I feel. It's just internet troll culture leaking into the real world. It accomplishes nothing, and it embarrasses everybody involved. You don't see Muslims gathering together in community centers to have "Mock Jesus" conventions.
I think it's quite productive. It shows how irrational/childish so many Muslims are, and how they are handled with kid gloves compared to other religions/groups. Fuck them and anyone who argues for this censorship

I know you're not advocating censorship, and personally I wouldn't set out to intentionally offend anyone like that, but I'm 100% for anyone making light of the pedo prophet and openly mocking their religion.

One of these dumb shits will end up getting killed (an outrageous and horrific act) and then everyone will feel sorry for him. That is stupid too.

What is stupid? Feeling sorry for someone getting killed by a lunatic over a joke?

Someone being killed over something they draw, write or say is certainly worthy of sympathy in my book (especially when said in jest or for comedic purposes).

Why should people self censor so as not to offend the intolerant?

It's absolutely hilarious that people are taking the side of the crazy lunatics rioting over a cartoon, over the people drawing them, and can't comprehend just how much they've already submitted by taking such a silly stance.

^ Just so everyone is aware, this is not actually happening. He's applying for a job on cable news television, and is trying to build his resume.

Yeah, I guess that is one way to put it. I don't buy those albums though, seems juvenile and disrespectful. I'm pretty sure the music will suck too if that is the album art.

I think that gathering a bunch of people who hate a religion together to mock that religion is just an absurd and divisive thing to do. Like I said, it would be like having a bunch of Jewish people show up at a convention center and make fun of Hindus. Why would anybody want to do that? It's just a trashy, low class, embarrassing display of trolling.

There are ways to combat extremism, if that is the goal. This obviously is not one of them, and it does not intend to do anything productive. It's just a bunch of angry incels who want to feel edgy. I'm not pro-canceling the event, I'm anti-ever having the stupid ass idea in the first place.

"My grandfather fought the Nazis in WW2 and saved the world from Hitler. To carry on that great American tradition, I'm going to draw a picture of Muhammed in his underpants. Tee Hee!"

I agree going to them to fuck with them is low class and stupid.

However this is not the case they hold an event like this someplace away from them.

Protest all you want about it and do what you want legally.

This is no difference then burning the flag. It makes people mad and they can protest about it but it's legal and we have to deal with it.

Last edited:
I think it's quite productive. It shows how irrational/childish so many Muslims are, and how they are handled with kid gloves compared to other religions/groups. Fuck them and anyone who argues for this censorship

I know you're not advocating censorship, and personally I wouldn't set out to intentionally offend anyone like that, but I'm 100% for anyone making light of the pedo prophet and openly mocking their religion.

Sure, it shows how irrational/childish the extremist are. But it also shows how irrational/childish the people who show up at the convention are.

It's embarrassing all around.

I agree going to them to fuck with them is low class and stupid.

However this is not the case they hold an event like this someplace away from them.

Protest all you want about it and do what you want legally.

This is no difference then burning the flag. It makes people made and they can protest about it but it's legal and we have to deal with it.

I agree with this.

Sure, it shows how irrational/childish the extremist are. But it also shows how irrational/childish the people who show up at the convention are.

It's embarrassing all around.
One is exercising a freedom while the other is repressing said freedom via violence.

And you're taking the side of the oppressor.

Someone being killed over something they draw, write or say is certainly worthy of sympathy in my book (especially when said in jest or for comedic purposes).
Why should people self censor so as not to offend the intolerant?

I don't think anyone should self censor so as not to offend the intolerant. I think they should self censor so as not to be an asshole.

One is exercising a freedom while the other is repressing said freedom via violence.

And you're taking the side of the oppressor.

Lol, What the hell is wrong with you guys? Saying that it is childish and idiotic to have a "draw Muhammed" convention is taking the side of radical extremists?

You have all lost your minds. Except for OldShadow, he is being completely reasonable.

What is stupid? Feeling sorry for someone getting killed by a lunatic over a joke?

The whole thing is stupid. I would never argue to censor free speech. Never-- even when its Alex Jones lying to people or some right wing Nazi nut shouting hate at all jews. I am not making any legal arguments or any kind contrary to that.

I am saying we don't have to go around being assholes to other people just because we can.

^ Just so everyone is aware, this is not actually happening. He's applying for a job on cable news television, and is trying to build his resume.

That doesn't change your stance on the matter. You don't care who is doing it. You just don't think anyone should do it.

I don't think anyone should self censor so as not to offend the intolerant. I think they should self censor so as not to be an asshole.

So should Muslims self censor instead of trying to use outdated, backwards religious dogma to infringe upon the freedoms of others (freedom to draw whatever they please)?

If we cede fundamental freedoms in the west to appease intolerant religious ideologues, we've already lost.

The "being an asshole" part is subjective and irrelevant. You'd garner similar criticisms from Muslims if you depicted Muhammed at all, regardless of the way you depicted him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back