Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Contest

Some aspects of modern culture are so pathetic. There is a problem with Islamic extremism, and their idea is to have a troll competition? I feel like there are millions of overgrown man-children nowadays. Grow up, it's embarrassing.

If you want to protest extremism then do something that actually protests extremism. Don't just gather a bunch of losers to draw pictures of Muhammed. That has nothing to do with extremism, it's just shamefully juvenile.

Lol? People have been killed over cartoons because adherents of this religion deem it blasphemous. It takes some courage to exercise your rights when it might actually cost you. It's not juvenile; it's brave.

And the intent is clearly more than trolling; it is the demonstration that unbelievers need not respect any given religion. This is a critical right and indeed, the critical test of whether a society is truly secular.

Christian religion in the West is subjected to much worse and much more regularly. You hear complaints, which make sense, but very little rioting or bloodshed over this type of thing.

What stands out is the double standard. People are bothered and consider it juvenile to make cartoons of Mohammed, but sacrilegious art when aimed at Christians finds its way into top museums and galleries. Stop being so defensive for Muslims.

Im starting to think of it as the perfect assimilation test. If they are truly American regardless of religion this should not bother them. At least not to the point of violence.
Agreed. For new Muslim immigrants wanting to enter the country, have a group of them together before entering, while showing cartoons of Mo. If this is their reaction,
1_123125_2073765_2156480_2167365_070625_fw_protestertn.jpg.CROP.promo-large.jpg

giphy.gif

No

Nothing is above being mocked criticized or questioned regardless of how offensive it is

We dont give the Ku Klux Klan religious consideration because we know what a lot of they think is bullshit and islam should be treated the same way

Problem isnt the assholes doing the drawing the problem is the assholes to react to it.

I disagree. I support honest debate about the ideals within the Muslim world and I especially support all efforts from within those religions to reform the religion. I do not support people being needlessly provocative by making images of Mohamed when that religion forbids it. I do not support legal censoring of these cartoons. I do think people that draw them are dumbasses.

Wrong

You are getting a slice takin out of your freedom of speech because some jerkoff might kill you

Just because YOU dont want to use it doesnt mean the right shouldnt be there

You ever see southpark mock any religion ? Its hilarious and it would be a huge loss to a lot of us if they saw it your way

No one can take away my freedom of speech and I wont give it up. I am willing to not say and do lots of things that people find offensive. Its no skin off my back.

Yes Ive seen South Park. I am a christian and I laughed out loud at many of the depictions of Jesus. No it would not be a huge loss of anything if sound park did not exist....... I do not support censoring them legally.

I disagree. I support honest debate about the ideals within the Muslim world and I especially support all efforts from within those religions to reform the religion

No you dont because drawing Mohammed is a part of that debate and it upsets you

Why cant i draw him ? Because it offends them ? Ok well why do i care that is quite a silly thing to get offended by? Oh they might kill me and act crazy ? Well i guess that shows why they need to be mocked out of the stone ages

You dont support religious debate if you think one group needs to be handled with care , dude

Last edited:
No

Nothing is above being mocked criticized or questioned regardless of how offensive it is

We dont give the Ku Klux Klan religious consideration because we know what a lot of they think is bullshit and islam should be treated the same way

Problem isnt the assholes doing the drawing the problem is the assholes who react to it.
If there was no threat of a reaction those assholes wouldn't bother being assholes.

Yes Ive seen South Park. I am a christian and I laughed out loud at many of the depictions of Jesus. No it would not be a huge loss of anything if sound park did not exist....... I do not support censoring them legally.

But ya dont want em to do it and think it would be no big deal if it didnt exist ?

Sure thing dude

It is not going to harm me NOT to draw an image of Mohamed. If it is something so sacred to them that they wish for it to never happen it is not skin off my back not to do it.

You'd willingly throw away your freedoms and self censor yourself. All in the name of not offending intolerant people who'd kill you for the way you think?

Luckily there are people left who are willing to be offensive, if only to point out the glaring intolerance of religious fundamentalism (in this case Islamic fundamentalist thinking).

No you dont because drawing Mohammed is a part of that debate and it upsets you

Why cant i draw him ? Because it offends them ? Ok well why do i care that is quite a silly thing to get offended by? Oh they might kill me and act crazy ? Well i guess that shoes why they need to be mocked out of the stone ages

You dont support religious debate if you think one group needs to be handled with care , dude

Who is saying you CANT draw him? Not me. You fail to read and understand my argument entirely even though I have stated it perfectly clearly. We dont have to agree you know......

If there was no threat of a reaction those assholes wouldn't bother being assholes.

And thats one of the reasons I think we have to do stupid things like this , and make fools shake hands , and uncover faces and we just gotta let it be known that this backwards shit is over and your caveman religion holds no sway in these lands

there will never ever be any kind of reformation if we handle them with kid gloves and make sure they are never upset because that reinforces that they are correct in behaving this way

<36>

The mental gymnastics some people perform to skirt around this issue instead of just saying what should be patently obvious to any sane, reasonable person.

Can you imagine if someone slaughtered the cast of 'Jerry Springer: The Opera' or murdered the artist behind 'Piss Christ' and 27% of Christians in America said they agree with the killers? I wonder what these same people would have to say then?

But the most infuriating and mind blowing angle in all of this is how Muslims carrying out bloodthirsty reprisals in 21st century Western democracies over things like cartoons is somehow understandable - they are victims of Islamophobia after all and we need to be careful what we say because free speech shouldn't be a green light to offend etc. Yet when it comes to Muslims carrying terror attack after terror attack or raping thousand upon thousands of our kids, we are supposed to just shut up and take it - don't you dare be racist is only narrative that seems to matter then.

Last edited:
Who is saying you CANT draw him? Not me. You fail to read and understand my argument entirely even though I have stated it perfectly clearly. We dont have to agree you know......

You are saying people should willingly censor themselves

Might as well say you cant

You'd willingly throw away your freedoms and self censor yourself. All in the name of not offending intolerant people who'd kill you for the way you think?

Luckily there are people left who are willing to be offensive, if only to point out the glaring intolerance of religious fundamentalism (in this case Islamic fundamentalist thinking).

No one is or can take away my freedoms. There are lots of things I dont say or do in order to be a kind courteous human being. I dont say these things because I dont want to. No one can take away my freedom of speech and I dont allow anyone to censor me.

I am saying we dont have to go around offending people just because we can.

And im saying there are certain times that is not the correct viewpoint to have with a problem

Islam needs to reform and not be protected so I am actually not willing to censor myself for them in any way shape or form and neither should you

You feel they should not, though. Why? We're not talking about assholes waiting outside of a mosque to verbally attack them, and spit at them. We're talking about a cartoon.

...a cartoon.

Lol, What the hell is wrong with you guys? Saying that it is childish and idiotic to have a "draw Muhammed" convention is taking the side of radical extremists?

You have all lost your minds. Except for OldShadow, he is being completely reasonable.
But why do you love terrorists?

Yes some are. We should really work to support every single Muslim who stands against persecution within their own religion. We should also have serious and honest discussions about the wrongs that are done in the name of that religion.
So we should never do anything they find offensive. You get on your knees but leave the rest of us out of it

And im saying there are certain times that is not the correct viewpoint to have with a problem

Islam needs to reform and not be protected so I am actually not willing to censor myself for them in any way shape or form and neither should you

Like I said man. I support honest intelligent debate and analysis of the muslim religion and the harms it does. I also strongly support the men and women in those countries who really need help transforming and fighting for the soul of the Muslim faith.

I dont think drawing a mocking picture of cartoon of Mohamed is a valuable or useful part of that fight. I also think it is childish and stupid to do it. It also offends non violent Muslims who do not support religious intolerance but who also revere the sacred nature of the Muslim faith and Mohamed. I also think it degrades the person doing the drawing and the mocking.

Back