• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'Prometheus' and 'Alien Covenant' explained

There is 'vegetation' in the opening scene of the movie. I believe this shot was not shown in the original movie.
prometheus_1.jpg
Yeah that looks like contemporary scenery or how things were tens of thousands of years ago. Does not look like dinosaur era flora but then again all we see is little shrubs so earth may have looked like that during the dinosaurs or before??

Yeah that looks like contemporary scenery or how things were tens of thousands of years ago. Does not look like dinosaur era flora but then again all we see is little shrubs so earth may have looked like that during the dinosaurs or before??
There is 'flora' in the opening scene of the movie. The Engineers should have been smart enough to know that animal life would follow. I don't know that that scene took place on Earth.

So, Engineers worship this thing (in Prometheus) that looks like an Alien 'Xenomorph' or early 'Deacon.' They seem to be descendants of this creature. There are many Christian connotations to its crucified position displayed on the wall. Check out the 'Facehuggers' at the bottom. But wait! Was David not the one that created the eggs with the 'Facehuggers'?
4567fcc0c1877088570f9d4396072b29.jpg

68996_468224086550706_1443539704_n.jpg

@William Huggins, @MicroBrew, @BisexualMMA, @moreorless87

So, Engineers worship this thing (in Prometheus) that looks like an Alien 'Xenomorph' or early 'Deacon.' They seem to be descendants of this creature. There are many Christian connotations to its crucified position displayed on the wall. Check out the 'Facehuggers' at the bottom. But wait! Was David not the one that created the eggs with the 'Facehuggers'?

I'm not a fan of this lore.......... Aliens being a biological weapon is one thing but this god business doesn't do it for me, Dark Horse had fanatical humans in their stories sometimes that worshipped them but everyone else saw them as giant parasitic bugs.

The mural from Prometheus screws up the Covenant plot of David being the creator.

People have said that the mural depicts a Deacon and not a Xenomorph or protomorph so it does not conflict with David creating the Xenomorphs. The figure in the mural does not look like a Xenomorph , and does somewhat like the Deacon that burst out of the Engineer's chest.

But then how does one explain the face hugger in the mural?

Last edited:
The mural from Prometheus screws up the Covenant plot of David being the creator.

People have said that the mural depicts a and not a Xenomorph or protomorph so it does not conflict with David creating the Xenomorphs. The figure in the mural does not look like a Xenomorph , and does somewhat like the Deacon that burst out of the Engineer's chest.

From my understanding Engineers originally created them. David created the Xenomorph by reverse engineering from the Black Goo with the Deacon in mind. Basically everything is just a variation of the classic Xenomorph as we know it.

If you look at the text from David from his experiments it indicates he is reverse engineering with an end goal in mind which is to recreate something that the Engineers already had(which the mural shows). So he already knows roughly what it's supposed to be in it's final form(i assume from the previous Engineers creations)

"This mutated specimen appears to be nearing perfection. Investigation of this series of mutations show that the final specimen is within reach. The development of the proboscis which appears as an elongated appendage from the head of the creature seems to provide the link missed in previous specimens."

ak1p5he.jpeg

Last edited:
From my understanding Engineers originally created them. David created the Xenomorph by reverse engineering from the Black Goo with the Deacon in mind. Basically everything is just a variation of the classic Xenomorph as we know it.

If you look at the text from David from his experiments it indicates he is reverse engineering with an end goal in mind which is to recreate something that the Engineers already had(which the mural shows). So he already knows roughly what it's supposed to be in it's final form(i assume from the previous Engineers creations)

"This mutated specimen appears to be nearing perfection. Investigation of this series of mutations show that the final specimen is within reach. The development of the proboscis which appears as an elongated appendage from the head of the creature seems to provide the link missed in previous specimens."

ak1p5he.jpeg
Bingo! We have a winner.
That was a good post. It seems that the legs of the 'facehugger' comes from human or engineer hands - the structure.
Did you know the original eggs had only one slit instead of four? Some thought that it looked too much like a vagina and decided to make it four slits. Now, I think the mouth of the facehugger looks a lot like a vagina. Same for your drawing. I'm not sure why production did not have a problem with that.
JM7Ttwig.png

Also, do you think the 'Space Jokey' is an 'Engineer' or an 'Alpha'?

Last edited:

People have said that the mural depicts a Deacon and not a Xenomorph or protomorph so it does not conflict with David creating the Xenomorphs. The figure in the mural does not look like a Xenomorph , and does somewhat like the Deacon that burst out of the Engineer's chest.

Clearly they were sent back in time and became the ancestors of the engineers.

Engineers created humans ==> Humans created androids ==> Androids created facehuggers ==> Facehuggers created engineers

Clearly they were sent back in time and became the ancestors of the engineers.

Engineers created humans ==> Humans created androids ==> Androids created facehuggers ==> Facehuggers created engineers
There is another species that may be coming into play soon. The 'Alphas.' I really hope Ridley Scott brings them in in future movies. They seem to have created both Engineers and the Alien. Humans seem to be an evolved species as are Predators. Human DNA was used by Alphas to create Engineers. I'm still going with the script that the 'Space Jockey' is an Alpha and not an Engineer.

Ive been re watching the Alien series and watched Prometheus last night. I enjoyed it I thought it was a pretty entertaining film. I think it was edited poorly. Id loves to see a directors cut. Seems like a movie that cut an hour out and kept the stupid shit instead of the Lore.

3 was way better than I remember and Resurrection is a steaming pile of dogshit

Bingo! We have a winner.
That was a good post. It seems that the legs of the 'facehugger' comes from human or engineer hands - the structure.
Did you know the original eggs had only one slit instead of four? Some thought that it looked too much like a vagina and decided to make it four slits. Now, I think the mouth of the facehugger looks a lot like a vagina. Same for your drawing. I'm not sure why production did not have a problem with that.
JM7Ttwig.png

They probably didn't have a problem with it because Alien is about male rape. Lotta suggestive stuff in it.

Paraphrased, I forgot who involved said it: "We want to attack the male audience sexually"

The plot thickens...
Mural1.jpg

The Alpha
Engineer+19b.jpg

The Space Jockey
d303r0e-225f4e37-bcb3-413d-97bb-6ff9014168b4.jpg

The Alpha - Version 02
2711345695243761.jpg

People are saying the Engineers worshipped the Deacon because of the exsistence of the mural. Creating the mural does not mean the Engineers worshipped the Deacon, it could just be their attempt at memorializing their achievement at creating face huggers and the Deacon.

People are saying the Engineers worshipped the Deacon because of the existence of the mural. Creating the mural does not mean the Engineers worshipped the Deacon, it could just be their attempt at memorializing their achievement at creating face huggers and the Deacon.
On this version of the story, Aliens created the Engineers. Hence the Alien worship:

Bingo! We have a winner.
JM7Ttwig.png

They did it on purpose.

Back