• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'Prometheus' and 'Alien Covenant' explained

Speaking of Fury Road, I was reading that Miller has been trying to get a sequel started, but WB are being assholes and don't want to pay him what he's owed for his work on Fury Road.

Jesus Christ WB, get your fucking shit together and pay the man.

Pay that mayn hiz mahnee.

"It looks like Scott has learned not to listen to the angry fan boy mobs who refuse to give up their ideological views of this franchise and venture off into unknown, more thought provoking territory."

This is such immature "journalism." How about taking some responsibility for their own crappy scripts.

Wow, that quote sounds like a total copout and is a terrible excuse for the horrible writing that was in Prometheus and Covenant. I wasn't aware that a requirement for thought provoking stories was to have characters who act like their IQs are in the low double digits.

"Our scripts were great!! You stupid fanboys just ruined everything with your theories and can't handle high concept stories!!!!"

whens the next alien coming out anyway? i didnt mind prometheus and covenant. covenant started out great but kinda fizzled out in the middle. still enjoyed it tho.

no explanation is gonna make those movies good,boys.

Speaking of Fury Road, I was reading that Miller has been trying to get a sequel started, but WB are being assholes and don't want to pay him what he's owed for his work on Fury Road.

Jesus Christ WB, get your fucking shit together and pay the man.

I'm guessing Hollywood "creative accounting" were profits have mysteriously been underestimated.

There is one scene in Prometheus where they are running away from aliens and they get lost, this is while they were on a cartography mission and had a map on their fucking wrist!

Ohh there's an alien snake, let me touch it.

Honestly, it was as if the plot/screenplay was written by an 8 year old. No joke.

It's a passable piece of trash, it's lamentable because the first 3 films were anchored in a kind of realism.

They’re not even making it. He’s just taking the piss as the English would say.
Oh, they are making it alright. Disney did not pay Fox (20th Century) $71,000,000,000 to acquire it for nothing. Part of the idea (plan) is to get Scott to continue the Alien franchise. Like the Star Wars franchise.

There is one scene in Prometheus where they are running away from aliens and they get lost, this is while they were on a cartography mission and had a map on their fucking wrist!

Ohh there's an alien snake, let me touch it.

Honestly, it was as if the plot/screenplay was written by an 8 year old. No joke.

It's a passable piece of trash, it's lamentable because the first 3 films were anchored in a kind of realism.

[CBS Exec] "This is the guy we need for Star Trek!"[/CBS Exec]

Oh, they are making it alright. Disney did not pay Fox (20th Century) $71,000,000,000 to acquire it for nothing. Part of the idea (plan) is to get Scott to continue the Alien franchise. Like the Star Wars franchise.

Well, he’s 83 years old. Maybe we’ll get lucky and he’ll die before he gets a chance to make any more of these shitty movies.

<{dayum}>

Ae9ddnR.gif

Curious why some guys in here seem to be under the belief we are getting a new Alien film this year? Everything I read points to the whole franchise being put on ice?

Well, he’s 83 years old. Maybe we’ll get lucky and he’ll die before he gets a chance to make any more of these shitty movies.

Honestly though I don't think things would have been any better without Scott, Blomkamps big budget Hollywood stuff has been crapola IMHO and you can see whats happened to Predator and Terminator. The Scott prequels I would put above all those films, terrible scripts but they do actually have a skilled director involved in them, actually why their more disapointing as you can see they could have amounted to more.

Honestly though I don't think things would have been any better without Scott, Blomkamps big budget Hollywood stuff has been crapola IMHO and you can see whats happened to Predator and Terminator. The Scott prequels I would put above all those films, terrible scripts but they do actually have a skilled director involved in them, actually why their more disapointing as you can see they could have amounted to more.

Comparing the Scott alien sequels to the predator and terminator sequels is about as low a bar as I can possibly imagine.

Comparing the Scott alien sequels to the predator and terminator sequels is about as low a bar as I can possibly imagine.

That is the bar for Hollywood running these franchises in recent years though, not much reason to believe Scott has been holding back something better IMHO.

That is the bar for Hollywood running these franchises in recent years though, not much reason to believe Scott has been holding back something better IMHO.

You are correct that post-District-9-Blomkamp has been awful. Elysium was mediocre at best and Chappie was absolutely terrible. And the Oats Studios shorts that he has been doing the last few years don't inspire much confidence in me. They have the exact same problems...they look pretty good, and fail everywhere else.

So there isn't a LOT of reason to have great confidence in Blomkamp's Alien 2.5, but I still would trade in Ridley's prequels to see that instead.

1. It's not Blomkamp's original property. He ran out of original ideas and characters after one movie. But in this case, he's taking someone else's world and characters and continuing, and he seemed to have the one thing so few sequel makers seem to have these days...some respect for the world and characters.

2. It would be a little easier to just toss it in the trash with the rest of the dumb sequels if it sucked ass. It would not have been made by the original director from the series, and it also probably wouldn't try to dismantle the lore and world like these prequels. We could probably just Alien: Resurrection the whole thing and hand wave it away.

All of that said, I don't know if Blomkamp is the guy to write the screenplay for Alien 2.5. And I'm almost sure he's not the guy to light a fire under Michael Biehn and bring back the Reese / Hicks / Coffey / Ringo version that owned the screen.

But I think Blomkamp would make a great #2 guy handling the visual effects to a director who knows all of the intricacies of story and acting. Kind of like Jan de Bont back in the day. Blomkamp doesn't seem to know shit about acting, he just kind of lucked out and got a real self-starter in Copley who doesn't need much direction. Meanwhile he gets bad work out of Jodie Foster, middling work out of Sigourney Weaver and Dev Patel, atrocious work out of singers...

Last edited:
* Bump
@BisexualMMA
There is a new 'Alien' movie in the works. Disney has now bought the rights to the franchise. It will be a follow up to 'Alien: Covenant' and explain the 'engineers', 'space jockey', and the creation of the 'xenomorphs.'

Last edited:
Back