Professional Gaming is in Madison Square Garden, MMA still has a long way to go...

Then again the money they make for gaming they could buy so bad ass call girls. The

What? Almost all major e sports top prizes are over 1 mill... w dota2 being the highest @ something like 18 mill. LoL s4 was something like 2 mil, and will probably double for the 2015 season.

I dunno I did some research research a couple weeks ago for me and a buddy who was arguing and it said there were about 4-5 gamers for are legitimate millionaires in the world and they were all Asian. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe your right.

Very true. That's not including sponsors. And sponsors pay for the buy in for tournaments which could be up to a couple grand per person.

It pays more to be a gamer than a ufc fighter.

The only difference is a ufc fighter can pretty much get laid any day they want. Gamers just jack off constantly.

Top streamers can easily make a half mill just by playing video games 3-4 days a week / 8 hours a day. Add being a top shelf pro to the equation (tourney winnings, sponsorship $, etc) and they are easily making a mill + a year.

I dunno I did some research research a couple weeks ago for me and a buddy who was arguing and it said there were about 4-5 gamers for are legitimate millionaires in the world and they were all Asian. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe your right.

Well, its tough to argue with research research.

Well research research is the real research not the regular one

Also games like CS:GO have a HUGE degenerate gambling community. Ive seen people drop 50k / day in items on streams like its candy.

SKT T1 was sponsored by Nike long before any MMA fighter had a Nike sponsorship.. on top of they are making a lot more money the MMA fighters.

Please tell me that is all bullshit.

That's all true.

Why are you surprised? We are posting on Sherdog and follow a fringe sport ourselves (though I really think MMA's fairly big in Canada relative to the US). There's people out there who think the UFC roster consists of bar fighters and tattoo'd street brawlers. They would say its BS that there are actual training camps out there like AKA, ATT Jacksons etc.

I really hope e-sports or whatever the fuck they want to call it is never taken seriously and please don't fucking call them athletes

I really hope e-sports or whatever the fuck they want to call it is never taken seriously and please don't fucking call them athletes

ti4.png

This was ESPN's broadcast team when they aired the League finals. Theyre sponsored by the likes of Coke, Nissan, Samsung, Intel and Red Bull. A fair bit better than Corn Nuts, Reebok and Harley Davidson wouldnt you say?

the-esports-economy-trends-audience-revenue-towards-2017-17-638.jpg

As we all know, the one true A-level sport is NFL, so they might have grounds to criticize this. But no fan of MMA can claim these podium warriors are not athletes while championing the bar brawlers we see inside the octagon.

ti4.png

This was ESPN's broadcast team when they aired the League finals. Theyre sponsored by the likes of Coke, Nissan, Samsung, Intel and Red Bull. A fair bit better than Corn Nuts, Reebok and Harley Davidson wouldnt you say?

the-esports-economy-trends-audience-revenue-towards-2017-17-638.jpg

As we all know, the one true A-level sport is NFL, so they might have grounds to criticize this. But no fan of MMA can claim these podium warriors are not athletes while championing the bar brawlers we see inside the octagon.

Lol.
Not sure if serious.
These players, hats off to them making money playing video games, are by no stretch athletes.

It's not like MMA isn't legal in NW because of lack of exposure lol

and last time I checked, video games are pretty popular.

Professional gaming also has bigger purses than UFC events too lol

ti4.png

Nope, that's actually the broadcast team from TI4, which is the World Championships basically for Dota 2. And that's for the previous year.

I found a list of the highest overall earnings made from e-sports, and bare in mind, these numbers are strictly earnings made from prize pools of various tournaments, and doesn't include salary and other endorsement money.

http://www.esportsearnings.com/players

Although to be fair, TI5 (which had an overall prize pool of 18,5 million IIRC) concluded less than a month ago, and there weren't nearly as many e-sports millionaires prior to that.

Last edited:
E Sports are the future whether you like it or not.

CK wishes MMA to be the future too but its not. UFC needs to change rules if they want to stay on top. Their current rules suck ass.

Back