Professional Gaming is in Madison Square Garden, MMA still has a long way to go...

LoL is just as big in the states as it is in EU and asia. Games like CS:GO are HUGE in EU, while still being popular in the states. Dota2 and the SC games have large EU and asian followings as well. All of them have big money tourneys, and the stars probably make around the same amount if not more than your average MMA champ.

I have ZERO idea what the fuck you're talking about.

I'll never understand why watching video games is fun, and why it got so popular.

Right?! Jesus, I play more video games than I'd like to admit, and i'll never understand how people can just sit there and use their playstation to watch other people play playstation. Or how Twitch is worth ONE BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS.

just curious, how is this related to mma?

because they are A-level athletes that fill stadiums and stream live to millions.
America:
25bits-league1-tmagArticle.jpg

Europe:
ESLFrankfurtArena.jpg

Asia:
sc2-stadium.jpeg

You think Dana can deliver this? He couldnt even afford the purse for local tournies.

I have ZERO idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Lol you remind me of middle aged people who think the less they know about technology the cooler they are, all it takes is a quick google of "cs" and "dota" to know what he's talking about.

LoL is just as big in the states as it is in EU and asia. Games like CS:GO are HUGE in EU, while still being popular in the states. Dota2 and the SC games have large EU and asian followings as well. All of them have big money tourneys, and the stars probably make around the same amount if not more than your average MMA champ.

That pisses me off. I think shit like competitive gaming should pay well but not more that other sports. E sports is not a sport.

i am gonna tell you guys a secret, gamers use PEDS.

i am gonna tell you guys a secret, gamers use PEDS.

theyre testing now. People have been caught and banned too, this shit is getting real.

In order to maintain the spirit of fair play within esports, ESL has partnered with NADA (the Nationale Anti Doping Agentur, which is headquartered in Bonn, Germany) to help create an anti-PED policy that is fair, feasible and conclusive while also respecting the privacy of players. ESL will also be meeting with WADA (the World Anti Doping Agency, based in Montreal, Canada) so they can be actively involved in the making, enforcing and dissemination of this policy to additional regions such as the US, Asia and Australia.
They took a proactive approach and reached out on their own initiative to clean up their sport. How long did it take Dana to care about this? This is how your develop a sports league and build fans.

interesting note, all the best "female" pro gamers turn out to be transgenders. This sport's got its own Fallon Fox issues. Isnt it curious how women cant compete with men in gaming when male physical advantages shouldnt be a factor?

Lol, bad seed. U crack me up... name one transgender progamer pls.

theyre testing now. People have been caught and banned too, this shit is getting real.

They took a proactive approach and reached out on their own initiative to clean up their sport. How long did it take Dana to care about this? This is how your develop a sports league and build fans.

not proactive, but after a real story.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/video-gamers-to-be-tested-for-doping-after-player-admits-we-were-all-on-adderall-10415509.html

Esports is bigger than MMA and E-Athletes make more money than MMA fighters lol

I thought professional video game leagues went out of business except in Asia.

I thought professional video game leagues went out of business except in Asia.

people said the same about mma a few years ago.

look how quickly they reacted! They actualyl care about their sport. Dana's known about rampant PED abuse in UFC for decades and turned a blind eye. It took pressure from Fox and Reebok for these new policies to happen.

people said the same about mma a few years ago.

look how quickly they reacted! They actualyl care about their sport. Dana's known about rampant PED abuse in UFC for decades and turned a blind eye. It took pressure from Fox and Reebok for these new policies to happen.

:D:icon_chee

That pisses me off. I think shit like competitive gaming should pay well but not more that other sports. E sports is not a sport.

Its all about market share, and what people are willing to spend on tickets, merch, and other related things. If a game has a player base of say 100 million, and a few million turn in to watch the playoffs, best believe its going to attract big advertising dollars. I believe I read somewhere more people watched the LCS finals last year than the NBA finals, but i could be mistaken.

Also keep in mind not everyone looks up to traditional sports athletes, or cares who the best hand egg player is. The sheer volume of people world wide that enjoy gaming as a whole (console / mobile /pc ) probably dwarfs the number people participating in all traditional sports world wide combined.

Last edited:
Back