Professional Gaming is in Madison Square Garden, MMA still has a long way to go...

I found a list of the highest overall earnings made from e-sports, and bare in mind, these numbers are strictly earnings made from prize pools of various tournaments, and doesn't include salary and other endorsement money.

http://www.esportsearnings.com/players

Although to be fair, TI5 (which had an overall prize pool of 18,5 million IIRC) concluded less than a month ago, and there weren't nearly as many e-sports millionaires prior to that.

That list is nice and all, but if you are looking for the highest earners you need to look at the streamers. Some streamers are easily making 1M+ per year streaming. In fact if you are a pro in League of Legends and are popular enough to stream and hold 20K+ viewers it's more profitable to stream full time.

If Riot ever starts crowdfunding for LCS/LCK/LPL then it might be more profitable to be a pro. I wouldn't be surprised if a crowdfunded pool for Worlds in LCS would pass Dota 2 by far.

E-Sports has gotten really big and websites like Twitch have helped boost their popularity. I'd rather watch a Starcraft, LOL or a Quakelive tourney over a baseball game any day.

The rent at MSG is mental anyway, then you have to pay $$$$ more to film in there...

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Release Date:
Prize Money Awarded:
$6,177,428.56 From 843 Tournaments
Recorded Date Range:
2012-03-13 to 2015-08-21

I like video games but the pro gamer things are cringey. In the future when everyone is too fat to move these guys are gonna be the only remaining "athletes"

I like video games but the pro gamer things are cringey. In the future when everyone is too fat to move these guys are gonna be the only remaining "athletes"

Why does everyone equate pro gaming with being fat? Sure there are some fat people that game, just like there are fat people that do everything else in this world.

Some people that professional gamers are probably in better shape than 90% of Sherdog.

So many kids game, the biggest guy on Youtube is a dude who plays video games and reviews them.

There is alot of money in this shit and for sponsors its the perfect demo to hit.

But its crazy to me people like watching others play games, dont understand that.

So many kids game, the biggest guy on Youtube is a dude who plays video games and reviews them.

There is alot of money in this shit and for sponsors its the perfect demo to hit.

But its crazy to me people like watching others play games, dont understand that.

people watch other people beat each other up, kick balls in nets, run with eggs across a field or play stuff like chess, poker or pool.
What's the difference

The biggest money making Youtube channel is just a screen with a persons hands opening up and displaying new disney or lego toys with commentary.

....and apparently her husband does the same thing with some other toy/items and is in the top ten money makers as well.

...and when we say money making, its in the tens of millions per year.

Insane.

CS is live at my local IMAX theater today

what??? shocked shocked i am that
chi town, motown, nyc, LA
all corrupt as fuck
run by crypto nazi fascist mafioso-wannabe union gangsters

lmao pathetic crony capitalism and buying votes from useful idiots
goverment served down the barrel of a gun
ptl 4 molon labe

There is no doubt that TOP gamers earn more than AVERAGE (outside top 10) fighters and more than some top 10.

They get money from tournaments, sponsors AND stream donations which can be thousands of $$$. Don't forget that they also get paid ~5k euros/dollars per month too, so with salary only they reach 15k in 3 months, while a fighter who trains 3 months for a fight gets 5k/5k + sponsor money which is ridiculously low with Reebok now.

MMA can't compete with eSports, maybe with one game but not eSports as a whole, forget it.

edit: Most of the top gamers also live in "gaming houses" where they don't have to pay a nickle, everything is paid for and rent free.

UFC undisputed gaming championship at MSG would be epic. lmao.

Where the only skill required is to move a mouse and stare at a monitor, obesity will be a side product.

Seems kid of sad.

Ronda beats those guys at their own game.

ohhh damn

i'd probably fuck her, she's not bad

puking_brian.gif

Back