Professional Gaming is in Madison Square Garden, MMA still has a long way to go...

when UFC was the bush leagues to Pride.

The fighters were not as good in general but most people didn't know that. The only time people thought the UFC was out of business was when they were banned from television.

Its all about market share, and what people are willing to spend on tickets, merch, and other related things. If a game has a player base of say 100 million, and a few million turn in to watch the playoffs, best believe its going to attract big advertising dollars. I believe I read somewhere more people watched the LCS finals last year than the NBA finals, but i could be mistaken.
I doubted the statement so I looked it up and boy was I mistaken:
i

e-sports' supremacy over mma is much bigger than I thought. Incredible.

The fighters were not as good in general but most people didn't know that. The only time people thought the UFC was out of business was when they were banned from television.
I meant in the sense that no one knew or cared there was MMA in America, and their only exposure to the sport were vague rumors about some freakish Russian cyborg fighting in Japan somewhere.

lol isnt dota bro

Still pays out millions

The 2014 World Championship featured 16 teams competing for a $2.13 million prize pool, with 14 teams qualifying from the primary League of Legends regions (China, Europe, North America, Korea and Taiwan\SEA) and two international wildcard teams.

look at these Alpha as Ffffffff mufakas.
2b2a7e82aac3649f9038c1dd2131f671.jpg

VRDY1.png

f9eaaeddbdd90e74fd992f576c4eb3dc.jpg

and the reigning champions:
league-of-legends-finals-samsung-white-winners.png

worshipped like gods. not a panty in the crowd was dry in this euphoric moment.

hnnnnnnnnng

look at these Alpha as Ffffffff mufakas.
2b2a7e82aac3649f9038c1dd2131f671.jpg

VRDY1.png

f9eaaeddbdd90e74fd992f576c4eb3dc.jpg

and the reigning champions:
league-of-legends-finals-samsung-white-winners.png

hnnnnnnnnng

well you got the first team right, but you are in the wrong esport for the alpha squad

Qhk13P1.jpg

Last edited:
671b3a26aeef098919e5f69dff1037ba-gif-of-the-day-the-gamer-chair-from-hell.gif

Professional gamers would dominate UFC with 6 months of training.

Dude on team secret is my friends brother haha
Artour Babaev
Used to be on evil geniuses
Dude won some big money apparently
Know who won?

yeah he was on eg but beginning of the year he went to another one because things werent looking good on eg. then with his new team he was winning against eg like every lan final. then in TI they underperformed, lost kinda early and then eg went on to win the tournament

=/

well you got the first team right, but you are in the wrong esport for the alpha squad

Qhk13P1.jpg

why isnt he wearing his Team Kit? Very unprofessional behavior unbecoming of an athlete.

yeah he was on eg but beginning of the year he went to another one because things werent looking good on eg. then with his new team he was winning against eg like every lan final. then in TI they underperformed, lost kinda early and then eg went on to win the tournament

=/
Haha ouch

That pisses me off. I think shit like competitive gaming should pay well but not more that other sports. E sports is not a sport.

I think statements like this are dumb, the pay is all relative to the interest generated by it. They earn what they get.

That pisses me off. I think shit like competitive gaming should pay well but not more that other sports. E sports is not a sport.

What it does it being a sport or not have to do with how much money should be made?

Lol, bad seed. U crack me up... name one transgender progamer pls.

There's several but Scarlett really sticks out because "she" was the best sc2 player in North America at one point. I can't think of a single actual female gamer that accomplished anything vs men.

I have ZERO idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Right?! Jesus, I play more video games than I'd like to admit, and i'll never understand how people can just sit there and use their playstation to watch other people play playstation. Or how Twitch is worth ONE BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS.

Why watch the NFL when you can just go outside and play football (and probably have more fun doing it tbh).

hnnnnnnnnng

Funny if you watch the Korean Pro games there are tons of girls in the crowds shouting and cheering and shit.

Way less in the EU and US crowds.

LoL tournament winners win millions of dollars too

Top prize is 1 million for the most... And that's rare. And that's split between a team of 4-6 players.

Still more than most ufc fighters even with the split. Maybe they should get into gaming.

With the money the ufc makes it. Each fighter should make atleast 25k for a fight. The very least.

Top prize is 1 million for the most... And that's rare. And that's split between a team of 4-6 players.

Still more than most ufc fighters even with the split. Maybe they should get into gaming.

With the money the ufc makes it. Each fighter should make atleast 25k for a fight. The very least.

thats only the disclosed winnings. They make triple that in backroom bonuses. You think A-level sponsors like Samsung dont throw some sugar at em?

thats only the disclosed winnings. They make triple that in backroom bonuses. You think A-level sponsors like Samsung dont throw some sugar at em?

Very true. That's not including sponsors. And sponsors pay for the buy in for tournaments which could be up to a couple grand per person.

It pays more to be a gamer than a ufc fighter.

The only difference is a ufc fighter can pretty much get laid any day they want. Gamers just jack off constantly.

What? Almost all major e sports top prizes are over 1 mill... w dota2 being the highest @ something like 18 mill. LoL s4 was something like 2 mil, and will probably double for the 2015 season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back