Professional Gaming is in Madison Square Garden, MMA still has a long way to go...

Where the only skill required is to move a mouse and stare at a monitor, obesity will be a side product.

Seems kid of sad.

obesity is a side product of people not putting in effort to not be obese. The high level mental conditioning and awareness it takes to become a pro athlete @ any level can easily transition into the work ethic to have a healthy regimen. It all boils down to if it is a priority for you or not. Case in point, a professional gamer.

hqdefault.jpg

Where the only skill required is to move a mouse and stare at a monitor, obesity will be a side product.

Seems kid of sad.

if it's that easy how come thats not what you do? The elite gamers at some games make more than 10k a month some a lot more so unless you make more why don't you just "move a mouse and stare at a monitor"?

Also that's what many people do anyway for a living anyway even those who aren't pro gamers only pro gamers have a funnier job and more spare time and money

obesity is a side product of people not putting in effort to not be obese. The high level mental conditioning and awareness it takes to become a pro athlete @ any level can easily transition into the work ethic to have a healthy regimen. It all boils down to if it is a priority for you or not. Case in point, a professional gamer.

hqdefault.jpg

Video games are inherently a physically passive activity. The most serious gamers I know are simply fat.

It's the antithesis of traditional professional sports.

I'm willing to bet that picture you posted represents an outlier of professional e sports

if it's that easy how come thats not what you do? The elite gamers at some games make more than 10k a month some a lot more so unless you make more why don't you just "move a mouse and stare at a monitor"?

Also that's what many people do anyway for a living anyway even those who aren't pro gamers only pro gamers have a funnier job and more spare time and money

Honestly if I knew it would be or is that big. I'd probably have spent more time playing video games

God knows I squandered enough time playing them.

I meant in the sense that no one knew or cared there was MMA in America, and their only exposure to the sport were vague rumors about some freakish Russian cyborg fighting in Japan somewhere.

that's not remotely true though. Tito, Randy and Chuck were way more famous than any professional gamer has ever been. I like video games and I couldn't name one professional gamer.

Video games are inherently a physically passive activity. The most serious gamers I know are simply fat.

I'm willing to bet that picture you posted represents an outlier of professional e sports

They are fat because being healthy / skinny isnt a priority to them at the moment. There is literally nothing different between a professional gamer and the hundreds of millions of people that work desk jobs day in and day out. At the end of the day, being "healthy" is a personal choice, available to each and every person, regardless of profession.

and no, he isnt an "outlier", he is on the #1 ranked team in the US, and took the best team in the world to a final match in a best of 5 in a recent top tier tourney, so yea.

Honestly if I knew it would be or is that big. I'd probably have spent more time playing video games

God knows I squandered enough time playing them.

millions of kids and adults play countless hours of video games, and cant even crack the top 10% of the player base, after playing the same game for 10+ years. If you think for a second being a top 50 player in any major competitive esport is easier than becoming a top tier athlete in any main stream sport, you are severely mistaken.

ti4.png

This was ESPN's broadcast team when they aired the League finals. Theyre sponsored by the likes of Coke, Nissan, Samsung, Intel and Red Bull. A fair bit better than Corn Nuts, Reebok and Harley Davidson wouldnt you say?

the-esports-economy-trends-audience-revenue-towards-2017-17-638.jpg

As we all know, the one true A-level sport is NFL, so they might have grounds to criticize this. But no fan of MMA can claim these podium warriors are not athletes while championing the bar brawlers we see inside the octagon.

That's dota bro

ESL CS GO champ is going on right now and they have like 1 million views twitch alone. thats about the same as some of UFCs fight nights on tv.

I like video games but the pro gamer things are cringey. In the future when everyone is too fat to move these guys are gonna be the only remaining "athletes"

Look up pictures of pro teams, there's more fat people playing American football

N-BFhWLCPbE.jpg

H4nn1 from dota 2

Zn4L9aJ.jpg

eg.fear (the guy that won 6 mil with his team)

jimmy-demon-ho-professional-dota-2-player.jpg

ex eg player; demon ho

pretty simple, a video gaming event is booked in a place where mma still isn't accepted. real brain buster there.

that would be valid if the reason MMA had never been in Madison Square Garden was because it couldn't make enough money to justify an event. But since it was based on the state not licensing them due to politics with the Fertittas, it's not valid at all.

I wonder if Esports will be a thing of the future with so many of the younger kids growing up being glued to the computer or tablet?

and no, he isnt an "outlier", he is on the #1 ranked team in the US, and took the best team in the world to a final match in a best of 5 in a recent top tier tourney, so yea.

I have no idea who you are talking about, but what you just said makes him an outlier by definition

41443.jpg

TI1 winners
ig_big.jpg

Ti2 winners
winners.png

TI3 winners
10306081_803123093041791_2839743643871692984_n.png

Ti4 winners
ti5_eg_champions.jpg

Ti5 winners

Only two fat guys in 5 years of champions

Because woman's title contender Beth Correia is an example of supreme athleticism?

I'd say about 10% of pro gamers are objectively less athletic than she is.

40% are as athletic as she is.

The remaining 50% are far more athletic than she is.

Nice to have a "sport" filled with so many "pro athletes" like title contender beth corriea.

They are fat because being healthy / skinny isnt a priority to them at the moment. There is literally nothing different between a professional gamer and the hundreds of millions of people that work desk jobs day in and day out. At the end of the day, being "healthy" is a personal choice, available to each and every person, regardless of profession.

Yep and most Americans are fat.

He's an outlier has nothing to do with his ranking. It's as related to his physique. I doubt most players look like him

Back