Prime Rich Franklin, Hendo, and Anderson Silva vs. Izzy, Vettori and Whittaker

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s just the nostalgia talking.

But the way I see it:

Hendo Crushes Vettori
Franklin crushes Whittaker
Anderson crushes Izzy.

I just don’t see the evolution at the top of MW.

Those guys just got old. The people
Who replaced them aren’t all that.

they are all great matchups tbh. not too confident about any of them except whittaker.

Franklin crushes Whittaker??

really-ace-ventura.gif

Vettori beats franklin (finish). loses to anderson, probably loses to hendo

izzy probably loses to primie anderson silva. prime hendo has a chance with the right hand but most likly izzy leg kcisk him to a decision. izzy kills franklin.

prime anderson beats whittaker. whittaker and hendo is a toss up - either whittaker takes the decision or he hendo catches hi. . whittaker beats franklin (finish).

Franklin was good for his time but in todays mma i can see lighter fighters like usman, connor and dan hooker beating him.

Hendo and anderson silva are golden though. Real special fighters we were lucky to watch.

Prime Hendo was always one H bomb away from victory. I wouldn't count him out against anybody.

Nah they´re good matchups.
Hendo vs Vettori would be one HELL of a fight whoever wins, Vettori is hittable as fuck but his chin seems unbreakable, if it goes to decisions Marvin wins, otherwise it´s Hendo by H-bomb.

Franklin vs Whittaker, I think Whittaker has it, fight would be entertaining though.

Silva vs Adesanya would be very interesting, I think it´d end up being a dud with both in their primes, maybe Adesanya can win a decision or the spider can drop him and finish it. I think Adesanya does a great job of slightly outpointing a dangerous striker and Silva was a bit too inactive at times, with Izzy being difficult to finish the matchup would be very interesting. Silva can find the perfect distance though and outstrike him as well. As I said very interesting, would have loved to see it.

1. Silva
2. Adesanya
3. Whittaker
4. Henderson
5. Franklin
6. Vettori

Whittaker would beat the shit out of Franklin.
Vettori would have a competitive fight with Hendo, it could either way. I'll go with Hendo by decision though.
Izzy would have a competitive fight with Silva, again it could go either way. Idk who to pick tbh.

No one is really gonna get crushed here, all were/are exceptional fighters when they were in their prime and are pretty difficult to defeat let alone finish when they were at their best.
The only one you mentioned I could see be a one-sided beating is Whittaker/Franklin and it would be Bobby Knuckles walking out the cage with his hand raised.

lol what a troll thread. Marvin does to Henderson as Jake Shields did to him whether it's H Bomb Dan or Decision Dan.
Whittaker does to Rich the same as what Cung Le did to Franklin.

Another thing, wouldn't Chael be a better comparison to matchup against Vettori?
Especially since they've both fought the champ twice in their eras and have been in that division for a longer period compared to Hendo(who jumped a lot between MW and LHW).

Is there a prime Vettori?

Vettori beats franklin (finish). loses to anderson, probably loses to hendo

izzy probably loses to primie anderson silva. prime hendo has a chance with the right hand but most likly izzy leg kcisk him to a decision. izzy kills franklin.

prime anderson beats whittaker. whittaker and hendo is a toss up - either whittaker takes the decision or he hendo catches hi. . whittaker beats franklin (finish).

Franklin was good for his time but in todays mma i can see lighter fighters like usman, connor and dan hooker beating him.

Hendo and anderson silva are golden though. Real special fighters we were lucky to watch.

I remind you that Franklin very arguably beat Hendo

Vettori loses to all three. Literally nothing special about him and he is only ranked so high because the MW division is insanely shallow. I think Rich beats him handily but loses decisions to the other two.

Hendo beats Vettori and if he fights smart (aka Pride Henderson, not reckless brawling Henderson), he beats Israel more times than not (with wrestling). Whittaker is actually the hardest style matchup for him because of his excellent takedown defense (although he has a significant chin advantage) so I'll say he splits wins with him if they fought a series (which would be excellent by the way).

Prime Anderson absolutely murks all 3 IMHO. Truly am not overly impressed with Israel if I am completely honest and think he is a product of a) the division being painfully thin atm and 2) the UFC being desperate for stars so they hype him to the moon. Considering Anderson still walked out pretty unscathed against Israel when he was YEARS past his prime, do not see that fight going past 2 rounds if it was Prime vs Prime.

Is there a prime Vettori?
I guess he means current Vettori, but Marvin is still only 28 years old.
He might show some new wrinkles in the next few years that could demonstrate a better version of himself.

Whittaker and Izzy are definitely in their primes right now though.

Back