Prime Rich Franklin, Hendo, and Anderson Silva vs. Izzy, Vettori and Whittaker

Vettori beats franklin (finish). loses to anderson, probably loses to hendo

izzy probably loses to primie anderson silva. prime hendo has a chance with the right hand but most likly izzy leg kcisk him to a decision. izzy kills franklin.

prime anderson beats whittaker. whittaker and hendo is a toss up - either whittaker takes the decision or he hendo catches hi. . whittaker beats franklin (finish).

Franklin was good for his time but in todays mma i can see lighter fighters like usman, connor and dan hooker beating him.

Hendo and anderson silva are golden though. Real special fighters we were lucky to watch.

<Huh2><36>

izzy probably loses to primie anderson silva. prime hendo has a chance with the right hand but most likly izzy leg kcisk him to a decision. izzy kills franklin.

prime anderson beats whittaker. whittaker and hendo is a toss up - either whittaker takes the decision or he hendo catches hi. . whittaker beats franklin (finish).

Franklin was good for his time but in todays mma i can see lighter fighters like usman, connor and dan hooker beating him.

Hendo and anderson silva are golden though. Real special fighters we were lucky to watch.
Vettori, who has stopped a whopping 2 fighters in his UFC career (who are both no longer in the UFC), is going to stop Rich Franklin who has zero submission losses let alone losses to wrestlers in his entire career? How do you figure that? Rich is a terrible style matchup for him and I do not see him having any success in that fight.

Also, 3 fighters who have never even sniffed 185 before will beat Rich Franklin who fought the majority of his career at 205? What are you smoking?

Prime silva will beat all of them. Izzy will be second. Whittaker third, then hendo, vettori, and franklin.

Whitaker would beat the piss out of Franklin wtf are you smoking? Whitakker would also beat Hendo..

Bobby and Izzy beats Hendo and Franklin.

Anderson beats Izzy, Bobby and Vettori.

I guess he means current Vettori, but Marvin is still only 28 years old.
He might show some new wrinkles in the next few years that could demonstrate a better version of himself.

Whittaker and Izzy are definitely in their primes right now though.
Ok. I must have misunderstood. Currently Vettori is essentially a brute with an iron chin and a crazy gas tank. He could definitely wear Hendo down, but Hendo probably has the power to test that chin. I'd watch and not even pick a winner.

I don’t know if it’s just the nostalgia talking.

But the way I see it:

Hendo Crushes Vettori
Franklin crushes Whittaker
Anderson crushes Izzy.

I just don’t see the evolution at the top of MW.

Those guys just got old. The people
Who replaced them aren’t all that.
Franklin was ass. Whittaker by KO

Henderson was ass. Vettori by decision

Anderson could only counter. Israel by UD

cringe unfunny troll attempt

Andersons the only one that can win, barring Hendo catching Vettori cold. Whittaker vs Franklin is a mismatch.

Whittaker would fuck Silva up bad, too good at striking and well rounded. Vettori wreslte fucks Silva like Chael did except for 5 rounds, bigger, stronger, harder hitting, better striker.

Franklin was ass. Whittaker by KO

Henderson was ass. Vettori by decision

Anderson could only counter. Israel by UD

cringe unfunny troll attempt
Ah yes any fighter who was around before you started watching is automatically ass eh? Let me guess, you're 12 years old? :rolleyes:

I agree with a lot of what you said. But if you think that Franklin would lose to Conor or hooker, you’re high.

rich was extremely well rounded with solid power and was massive for MW no world does Conor of Dan have a chance against him.

I really only enter these threads to read the bullshit.

The new guys would beat everyone back in the day, crowd. And the champs from 10-15 years ago would squash these modern clowns, crowd.

In certain divisions the argument may hold sway. But I just find it a ridiculous argument to begin with. So why have it?

Good lord, nostalgia clouds people's judgement. I wonder what compels people to think Dan "outgrappled by a natural WW Shields" Henderson would beat Vettori. He would also would lose to Izzy and Whittaker comfortably.

Franklin loses to all 3. He was a jack of all trades and master of none and I like Rich.

Silva should be favored against all 3, he gave Izzy a tough fight being 44 years old and Rob leaves himself to open to slick punches for me to trust him against a prime Anderson. Ironically, Vettori is stylistically the toughest fight for Prime Silva given his durability and grappling strength but I'd still pick Anderson

Do you seriously believe that Franklin would crush Whittaker?

Nostalgia sure is one hell of a drug.

Bingo!

lol what a troll thread. Marvin does to Henderson as Jake Shields did to him whether it's H Bomb Dan or Decision Dan.
Whittaker does to Rich the same as what Cung Le did to Franklin.

Prime Hendo was in Pride; no?
He was 37 y/o when he came back to the UFC and fought Jackson.

Vettori, who has stopped a whopping 2 fighters in his UFC career (who are both no longer in the UFC), is going to stop Rich Franklin who has zero submission losses let alone losses to wrestlers in his entire career? How do you figure that? Rich is a terrible style matchup for him and I do not see him having any success in that fight.

Also, 3 fighters who have never even sniffed 185 before will beat Rich Franklin who fought the majority of his career at 205? What are you smoking?

I do think Franklin gives Vettori a competitive fight but I reckon Vettori should be favoured to a decision.

You talk about Franklin not losing to wrestlers...talk about who are those he faced in the first place.
Okami, Lutter, McDonald, apart from Hendo and Griffin all found success grappling with Rich.

Franklin was a legit striker but he has been outclassed by the best of them and many others not better than Marvin kept it tight with Rich in the feet.

Its safe to say Vettori would find at least moderate succes with Franklin at every range, clinch or ground and while Franklin - as admitted by himself - always did better as the fight progressed, Vettori seems to be one of the most durable MWs we've seen.

It would not look as Franklin vs Tanner or Loiseau, rather resembling to close fights as Hendo/Okami - although Marvin has higher workrate than them - or Griffin dull fight

Last edited:
Good lord, nostalgia clouds people's judgement. I wonder what compels people to think Dan "outgrappled by a natural WW Shields" Henderson would beat Vettori. He would also would lose to Izzy and Whittaker comfortably.

Franklin loses to all 3. He was a jack of all trades and master of none and I like Rich.

Silva should be favored against all 3, he gave Izzy a tough fight being 44 years old and Rob leaves himself to open to slick punches for me to trust him against a prime Anderson. Ironically, Vettori is stylistically the toughest fight for Prime Silva given his durability and grappling strength but I'd still pick Anderson

Pretends to judge Henderon's career upon a dec loss at his 40 vs Shields.
Hendo who has the most stacked record in the history of MMA, plagued of fighters as good and better than Shields who Henderson has outgrappled, outstriked and finished through his career.

You sign up in Monday to come in with this obscenely simpleton, textbook shertard take, look for another hobby asap :eek::eek:

Pretends to judge Henderon's career upon a dec loss at his 40 vs Shields.
Hendo who has the most stacked record in the history of MMA, plagued of fighters as good and better than Shields who Henderson has outgrappled, outstriked and finished through his career.

You sign up in Monday to come in with this obscenely simpleton, textbook shertard take, look for another hobby asap :eek::eek:
Which version of Henderson beats any of the guys listed above? The one from PRIDE that got outstruck by Misaki and outgrappled by Arona? Maybe the one that struggled with the comically undersized Carlos Newton? The one that couldn't finish off an undersized Paul Harris? Henderson was a great fighter. Even casuals can recognize that but he had holes in his game especially against the best explosive strikers (Anderson/Vitor) and people with a dominant offensive grappling game. Let me ask you, which version of him beats any of the 3 guys mentioned?

Hendo and Anderson would be Izzy and Vettori no doubt.

Rick vs Whitaker would be a great fight!

But yes TS, the point stands well. Those guys from 10-12 years ago would do very well today. The game hasn't changed that much.

Back