DDP vs. Prime Hendo?

Prime Hendo obliterates DDP. He's too sloppy and reckless to avoid the H bomb.

I mean Ninja Rua took down Hendo. DDP is definitely a better wrestler than Ninja and stronger as well. Whether he could keep Hendo down for long periods is another story. DDP is no Cormier (who fought and dominated an old Hendo) but Shields also managed to keep Hendo down a good bit. Not many others could, though.
Kazuo Misaki also controlled Hendo on the ground for short periods. I could definitely see Dricus and Hendo getting into a wild brawl that would open up takedowns and advantageous scrambles for Dricus to wind up on top.

Reactions: mkt
Seriously. If Pillow fisted Strickland did this to Dricus, imagine what Hendo would do. Hell, i'd take prime Bisping over Dricus any day.
1707109860435.png

Seriously. If Pillow fisted Strickland did this to Dricus, imagine what Hendo would do. Hell, i'd take prime Bisping over Dricus any day.
View attachment 1027878
That's Sean's "death by a thousand jabs" style, though. GSP wasn't a particularly hard hitter but he seriously messed up Josh Koscheck's eye with a similar jab game. Hendo hit hard but was more a brawler who didn't throw with a lot of volume. He was more likely to KO you with a single H-Bomb than mess up your face.

hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

I give a slightly edge to DDP at 185. Hendo would be a big favorite at 205.
I agree. Hendo wasn't a big LHW, but his best wins were at 205 and even HW (Fedor and early win over Big Nog in their first fight).

Prime Hendo obliterates DDP. He's too sloppy and reckless to avoid the H bomb.
Yeah I tend to think so, it probably takes someone with DPP's tools being more tactical to beat Hendo but his thrown down style is just asking to eat the H-bomb.

dan hollywood hendo henderson is MMA's dark horse especially at his prime. had the ability to take out everyone IMO. prime Hendo, full of TRT, H Bombs, would absolutely destroy DDP. it ain't even close.

Hendo gives him the bisping treatment.

DDP facing Hendo = Dead, Dead, Person

Maybe comes down to Dricus kicks vs H bomb. Prime Hendo breaks him.

Kazuo Misaki also controlled Hendo on the ground for short periods. I could definitely see Dricus and Hendo getting into a wild brawl that would open up takedowns and advantageous scrambles for Dricus to wind up on top.
Ninja's BJJ though does I think get underreacted rather coming from an era were high level BJJ was arguably a bit more common and he could get outclassed by high level guys like Arona and Filho.

Misaski did have the benefit that standing he was pretty elusive which I think often could be a way of making Hendo underperform, if opponents didnt come to him he could kind of drift though fights.

Bisping had a striking defense of 65% and still eat the H Bomb in the first fight.
In the 2nd fight he landed way more, but still got knocked down like 2 times. (Nowadays with 10-8s, Hendo might have won)

DDP has a striking defense of 55%, so he definately gets bombed

Hendo also takes DDP's wrestling away.

Very bad matchup for DDP, glad nearly all can agree on that.

I’m gonna need Diamond Dallas Page to sleep Bisping or I have to go Hendo here.

are you askin if the fight is drug tested or not?
because hendo in a drug tested org fights differently

or juiced to the gills

Back