DDP vs. Prime Hendo?

If the H-Bomb connects, DDP won't cut diamonds anymore

People might hate on me for saying this but I think Dricus would take him down
Agreed. DDP beats Hendo once Hendos on his back. Taking him down is hard, but after seeing DDP shoot td after the on Strickland makes me feel pretty confident he gets Hendo down at least once. And that's all he needs.

I see some similarities between them: both very strong, both have good chins, both have KO power in their hands but rely too much on their chins for striking defense. Hendo is a far more decorated wrestler but DDP uses wresting more often. Hendo did use his on occasiona though, like vs. Rich Franklin and the 1st round against Anderson.

The main difference is Hendo was more-or-less a classic wrestle-boxer while DDP has an awkward style along the lines of Keith Jardine or Jiri...though none of them really fight the same way, either.

to be fair Hendo used to have an almost literal bomb as a punch: imo one of the best hard hitters p4p and i think it's a shared opinion.
at his peak: back mobility + h bomb i'd favor Hendo

to be fair Hendo used to have an almost literal bomb as a punch: imo one of the best hard hitters p4p and i think it's a shared opinion.
at his peak: back mobility + h bomb i'd favor Hendo
No doubt, but it's not like prime Hendo KO'd everyone he fought in his prime. He had losses and fights that went to a decision. Anderson ate an H-bomb flush and barely flinched, finishing Hendo later in the same round. I'm not saying DDP would do the same, but given that he's only been KO'd once in 24 fights, there's a reasonable chance he doesn't get finished. The more he was able to successfully wrestle, the better his chances would be IMO.

Back